By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why so many Wii U doom threads when Vita is in worse condition

More doomed

Wii U 133 25.14%

PS Vita 395 74.67%

Total:528
curl-6 said:
brendude13 said:
curl-6 said:
Because it's the "cool" thing to hate on Nintendo.

What on Earth makes you think that people hate on Nintendo to look "cool".

Because it's true. It's been that way since the early  90s; "oh Nintendo is for little kidz lolololol I iz a grown MAN I only play Sega/Playstation/Xbox".

Most of the time it's not done to look cool, but just to troll Ninty fans and have a naughty laugh behind their back, the more they get pissed off, the more satisfaction they give trolls.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network

Some people don't bother comparing Home Consoles with Portables everytime I see it. Mention how well 3DS is doing compares to other consoles and nobody takes notice, just stick to how bad the Wii U is doing.

in my opinion I see this year as a promising sign if it goes Nintendo's way and comes out with a great E3, Vita is just losing it's change. Nearly 2 and a half years old and it still feels like they don't get it. PlayStation Vita pets won't work, that should of been there at launch to compete with 3DS and that's too late in my opinion. No mother will want to give their Kid a much more expensive tech with only a few games suitable when the 3DS is cheaper and has a wige range of games. Yeah 3DS has more casual games, but it's not nessesarily bad. Had the odd shooter on here like Resident Evil, Metal Gear Solid and even had it's own Kingdom Hearts game. It's nice to have that console that isn't always about badass shooters or some kind of violence and a lot of the 3DS games have been really good and not to mention gone down extremly well.

Because people on here still think Wii u will sell more than ps4.

this is why

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=184462

The Vita has a better position in the handheld market than the Wii U in the home console market:

Market share of the Vita 2014 (so far): 24.7% (1081k of 4381k handhelds)

Market share of the Wii U 2014 (so far): 11.1% (1016k of 9117k home consoles)

-----------------------------------------

Nintendo is king of the handheld market and Sony is king of the home console market this year, but Sonys handheld share is much bigger than Nintendos home console share:

Market share of Sony handhelds 2014 (so far): 33.9% (1487k of 4381k handhelds)

Market share of Nintendo home consoles 2014 (so far): 14.3% (1303k of 9117k home consoles)

Around the Network

Vita still has a big lead over the Wii U and outsold Wii U last year despite the latter having overly hyped games like Pikmin 3, LOZ: WW HD, Wonderful 101 and SM3DW versus the Vita's KZ: MC and Tearaway.

Even this year Vita had o big release and for the time being stil has outpaced Wii U despite Wii U getting games like DKC: TF.

However now it seems likely the Wii U will outsell it by the end of this year but it is happening after Nintendo launched nearly all its popular franchises on the Wii U compared Sony just launching one of them at launch which wasn't even that well recieved compared to previous installments.

spurgeonryan said:
Have not been too many doom threads in a while.

Pass vita this year? Would be a miracle.

It is quite possible due to Nintendo continuing to release some of their biggest franchises on it while Sony does nothing for the Vita.

That would however still be very unimpressive.

Ucell said:
Vita still has a big lead over the Wii U and outsold Wii U last year despite the latter having overly hyped games like Pikmin 3, LOZ: WW HD, Wonderful 101 and SM3DW versus the Vita's KZ: MC and Tearaway.

Even this year Vita had o big release and for the time being stil has outpaced Wii U despite Wii U getting games like DKC: TF.

However now it seems likely the Wii U will outsell it by the end of this year but it is happening after Nintendo launched nearly all its popular franchises on the Wii U compared Sony just launching one of them at launch which wasn't even that well recieved compared to previous installments.

Ur forgetting about the popular games released in Japan, which is by far Vitas strongest region. Last year it had Soul Sacrifice, Toukiden, God Eater 2, Final Fantasy X/X-2 Remaster plus a worldwide price cut (Wii U technically did too but the base price remained the same) and revision, this year it has had Sword Art Online, 3rd Super Robot Wars Z, J-Stars Victory Vs, Hatsune Miku, Soul Sacrifice Delta.

I just find it kinda strange u would leave out the region which makes up nearly 50% of Vita sales in 2013+2014.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.