By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Digital Foundry complains about Mario Kart 8 dropping to 59 FPS.

Has anyone brought up that it only drops to 59 when CPUs are used? Meaning online matches will be fine. It's most likely some kind of bug, and not because Wii U 2 weak or something like that.

Around the Network
cheshirescat said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Conegamer said:

Cannot be unseen, eh?

Sounds like nitpicking at it's very finest. Sure it's a little concerning but it's one repeated frame. It'll never impact anyone at any time, surely.

Thread title is misleading

This, Digital Foundry's whole deal is nitpicking the technical aspect of games, they're just doing their due diligence and they admited themselves that most wouldn't even notice it and go on to roundly praise the game.

Exactly, this is there fucking job, they aren't complaining about anything, hell they even say that the framerate bug shouldn't affect gameplay much at all.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

FlowwolF said:
Has anyone brought up that it only drops to 59 when CPUs are used? Meaning online matches will be fine.
It's most likely some kind of bug, and not because Wii U 2 weak or something like that.

The article stated he doesn't believe it is a performance issue, that it is some bug to do with internal timing of the game, etc,
and should theoretically be fixable.  I have seen some other threads commenting on how it seems to be tied
to AI opponents and this "skipped" frame is needed for their trajectories (using CPU cycles as you bizarrely reference).
In which case, it IS a performance issue that may be much tougher to fix, if that is at all possible.

So did anyone notice the 59fps issue?

I think I noticed it on the in-store demo yesterday. Will check on the retail version when I get it today.

My 8th gen collection

Crickets. Nobody can see this, or is everyone too busy playing MK8 now to read the forum?

My 8th gen collection