By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Digital Foundry complains about Mario Kart 8 dropping to 59 FPS.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-vs-mario-kart-8

''Upon analysis we determined that the game suffers from extended clusters in which a duplicate frame is displayed every 64 frames. What this ultimately means is that, during normal gameplay, Mario Kart 8 continually drops down to 59fps. This may not seem like a big deal - most will probably not notice it at all, and it has zero affect on playability - but it has a noticeable impact on image fluidity that mars what would otherwise be a perfectly consistent frame-rate. And for us at least, once it is seen, it can't really be unseen.''

Around the Network

*Facepalm*

Anyone who says they can tell a one frame difference at 59-60fps is a Jedi or a liar.

Not to mention most "60fps" games have drops into the 30-50fps range. (Ps3/360 COD)

Lmao. really?

Trying to turn nothing into something is all I have ever seen from this site.

The hype train just crashed. The Metacritic score is about to plummet.

"On my business card I am a corporate president. In my mind I am a game developer. But in my heart I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata

Around the Network

Ok, let's forget about that crappy game then.

Should obviously follow the footsteps of E.T. and be buried in the desert.

HintHRO said:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-vs-mario-kart-8

And for us at least, once it is seen, it can't really be unseen.''

And for me this article is seen and it can't really be unseen.

I find this way more interesting:

Starting from the top, then, there has been a surprising amount of confusion surrounding the resolution of the game with some sources even suggesting a native 1080p presentation. We can finally put that rumour to rest right here and confirm that Mario Kart 8 instead operates at what is effectively the console's standard 1280x720.

"Some sources"...all these rumors started thanks to a Eurogamer article... and now Eurogamer is blaming it on "some soruces."

*cancels pre-order*