By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Digital Foundry complains about Mario Kart 8 dropping to 59 FPS.

Anyway: I can´t wait for my LE to arrive and I hope Nintendo releases a patch that gets rid of the issue.

One thing the author of the article mentioned in the comments on NeoGaf is that the 59 fps thing is only apparent when you race against the CPU.

Online races are 60 fps .

Edit: So it is very likely that we are seeing a bug that got past QA.

Around the Network

So... it isn't 1080p... and it runs at 59 FPS... you just lost me Nintendo...

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

vivster said:

I didn't say it's SO noticeably. It very well may go unnoticed. It's nothing unusual for games to not run smooth so why mention it? And as DF pointed out it has zero impact on playablility.

The problem is now that we know it, it will inevetibly be noticeable.

I doubt I'll notice it, and even if I do, I'll forget all about it after the first thirty seconds, haha.

Anfebious said:
So... it isn't 1080p... and it runs at 59 FPS... you just lost me Nintendo...

Wow. You'll miss out on a lot of great games by being that fussy.

curl-6 said:
vivster said:

I didn't say it's SO noticeably. It very well may go unnoticed. It's nothing unusual for games to not run smooth so why mention it? And as DF pointed out it has zero impact on playablility.

The problem is now that we know it, it will inevetibly be noticeable.

I doubt I'll notice it, and even if I do, I'll forget all about it after the first thirty seconds, haha.

Probably me too ;)

But don't tell anyone!

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

Doubt I'll even notice it if I try to look for it. I wish someone would talk about all the extremely positive things they also said in the article. It's a beautiful game and DF thinks so too. Why make them out to be hating on Nintendo like the most recent couple threads do? These "negatives" are the least interesting of any comments they made.

You know, I used to be excited about 1080p on WiiU but my personal TV in the new house where I'll be playing all my games for the next 3 months is only 720p anyway, so it actually couldn't matter less to me at the moment! 720p is probably the best I'll ever have in my vicinity for the rest of my college career anyhow.

Skidonti said:
Doubt I'll even notice it if I try to look for it. I wish someone would talk about all the extremely positive things they also said in the article. It's a beautiful game and DF thinks so too. Why make them out to be hating on Nintendo like the most recent couple threads do? These "negatives" are the least interesting of any comments they made.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6338086

;)

I don't see the issue in any of the 60 fps footage so not a problem to me.

"--most will probably not notice it at all, and it has zero affect on playability - but it has a noticeable impact on image fluidity--"

I see nothing wrong with what he said?

Cleary397 said:
I love that digital foundry makes a huge deal about this, but the XBone version of CoD Ghosts dropping to around 20 fps at some stages was just like "yeah, it drops ocassionaly, but its to be expected with all thats going on"

A huge deal? All they said was "most will probably not notice it at all, and it has zero affect on playability - but it has a noticeable impact on image fluidity".

They literally said it wasn't a big deal, but could be irritating to the small minority who did notice it :P