By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The dangers of purchasing games on PSN

Just have to make sure you're selecting the right game next time. Can't say I've ever had issues with this.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

Calm down, take a breath, and then call or contact support via chat and tell them what happened. They can fix the "issue." Then you can play Sine Mora on your PS3 and this over reaction of a thread topic can be closed on a positive note.

Buy an Ouya.

I feel for you.... and I appreciate the fact that someone might take 1 extra second just to make sure they dont repeat your mistake... But really your complaint here is that sony have a unified store on the ps3 and I actually love that, I can start up the ps3 and browse all the discounts which are available for the ps3 and Vita or cross buy games which are available for both if I buy them. I really love it, but I do feel for you having made a mistake.

Maybe email Sony and explain what happened they might refund you so you can buy the game for the ps3 instead... or even just help you by shifting it from a psvita license over to a ps3 license for the game.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Never happened because I pay attention. It's not hard to know which version you are downloading.

Around the Network
J_Allard said:
Buying anything on PSN is dangerous. I was reading the fine print on a PS+ card the other day and it says that even though you're using a prepaid card for the subscription, if you actually have an active credit/debit card on your console, it will automatically set to auto renew on that card. What the fuck? I hope they don't actually enforce that bull shit.

But just call Sony up or do their live chat and ask for a refund. The store is so cluttered and shitty with so many different products on it. Personally I think they should have a completely different store for each platform to avoid things like that.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

I agree with this. The story is very confusing with all the labels. "This is the PS3 | PSN versions" "This is the Vita Version" "This is the PSN | Vita Versions" "This is the PS3 version"

Good lord. PSNow is just going to compound the issue.

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

For the future, I would buy PSN games through the PC. The PC version of the store is much easier to navigate. Then you can just install the game on you PS3

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Just ask for a refund. Getting refunds on PSN isn't all that hard, though the refund can take 5-10 days which can be a pain

KylieDog said:
J_Allard said:
Buying anything on PSN is dangerous. I was reading the fine print on a PS+ card the other day and it says that even though you're using a prepaid card for the subscription, if you actually have an active credit/debit card on your console, it will automatically set to auto renew on that card. What the fuck? I hope they don't actually enforce that bull shit.

XBL does that also, or it did for the few years I had it, though the trick with XBL is to leave it turned on, then a few days before the year expires ring customer services and tell them to turn it off because you wanna cancel Gold, then they offer you a year at half price.

Never had that happen any time on XBL and I have had a card on there for a majority of my 8+ years owning the console.

This is something added for the PS4 PS+ cards. It didn't used to say that. Idk if Sony actually goes through with it or not but that's downright despicable imho whichever company does it.