By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Theory: Miyamoto's New IP Is a FPS and Will Be Shown at E3 2014!

I'd really like to see what an FPS would look like from Miyamoto. To bad I will never play it since it will never be out for PC.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

I'll rather see something like skyrim or red dead.

The Miyamoto FPS doesn't exist. Nintendo themselves said they weren't good at competing so I don't believe they would go head-to-head with Destiny. Besides, we know they have trouble with HD development so a complex FPS is unlikely.

Back in January Iwata stressed that they had to find something new, the "blue ocean" nodoby else has found yet, so they're certainly not going into a crowded market with high entry barriers.

Miyamoto's new IP will be a swimming simulator and it will our minds with its extremely advanced water physics!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

AZWification said:

Miyamoto's new IP will be a swimming simulator and it will our minds with its extremely advanced water physics!

It will be called "Water Temple HD"

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

Why doesn't Nintendo just make Metroid? I think that being announced would push me over the edge and buy a Wii U.

ryuzaki57 said:
The Miyamoto FPS doesn't exist. Nintendo themselves said they weren't good at competing so I don't believe they would go head-to-head with Destiny. Besides, we know they have trouble with HD development so a complex FPS is unlikely.

Back in January Iwata stressed that they had to find something new, the "blue ocean" nodoby else has found yet, so they're certainly not going into a crowded market with high entry barriers.

what ae they competing with exactly? Nothing on their system as it lacks 3rd party support. They need to add genres to retain their kids as they turn to men. 

There is no blue ocean left they used that pony up last gen. 

It's going to be funny when Miyamoto's secret project turns out to be something for senior citizens as a launch product for Nintendo's "Quality of Life" platform.

swii26 said:
I think a Metroid FPS shooter spin off would be great. Based on the soldiers from Other M.

I like this idea a lot. Something along the line of Republic Commando with GF marines? That would knock my socks off.

mario paint ball.

it will be a FPS but have more in common with mario kart and SSB than CoD. multiplayer focused: online and 4 player split screen. probably multiplayer only. and will be very awesome.