By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Theory: Miyamoto's New IP Is a FPS and Will Be Shown at E3 2014!

I also had the idea that he was doing a FPS, when people talked about his new IP, but after Iwata said they were working on some NFC games, I kinda lose hope for it, Miyamoto can easily connect with the kids and casuals, so he would be the best choice to do a NFC game(along the people at Game Freak, doing a Pokemon game), so unless the NFC game is a FPS, I doubt Miyamoto really is working on a FPS game.

COMG guide to points: 1 point = Raging. 2 points = Beasting. 3 points = Tearing it up. 4 points = Berzerk. 7 points = Rampage. 12 points = Burst. 15 points = god mode. 20+ points = DIVIDING BY ZERO!!! 40+ points = Youkai (originally Pokemon).

-1 = Negabeasting. -5= NegaRampage. -10 = NegaBurst

Around the Network

Metroid Prime is the only FPS Nintendo needs. Their target audience isn't the average CoD or Battlefield player, those people will get consoles like the PS4 and X1 that have more support for the genre.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

I very, VERY seriously doubt Miyamoto will ever work on a violent FPS type game.

He said that he could make one. And of course he could. Who couldn't?

That doesn't mean that he ever would. Super-violent games aren't his style, and never will be.

Also, he has intimated in the past that the project he's working on is a bit of a side thing, a passion project, and also a "smaller project", meaning that it wouldn't be anything at all like some big "AAA" FPS type game.

"One faint left"
"Multifaint"
etc

However you look at it, theres no way this is going to be a standard FPS, and by straying from the norm it may well end up a failed experiment, if real.

If They are trying to hit the "dudebro" community the first thing they need to do is Break the "family-friendly" limitation that nintendo games have;

They need blood;
They need F-words;
They need Sexism;
They need Violence;
And the graphics must not be CARTOONISH!!!! I'm tired of cartoonish things on WiiU.

Around the Network
OttoniBastos said:

They need blood;
They need F-words;
They need Sexism;
They need Violence;
And the graphics must not be CARTOONISH!!!! I'm tired of cartoonish things on WiiU.

I'm sorry, WHAT? why does it NEED sexism?

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

Unless its Metroid... Please no! I don't want that over saturated Genre in Nintendo's Library unless its like Metroid or something but thats usually done by Retro

And of course if its something like Mario and his bitches with a paintball gun trying to shoot each other then no thanks on that too

how is it over saturated? Wii U has like fuck all FPS?

lucidium said:
OttoniBastos said:

They need blood;
They need F-words;
They need Sexism;
They need Violence;

I'm sorry, WHAT? why does it NEED sexism?

I was joking in that part,you know?!Playing with the Dudebro Stereotype ;)

JWeinCom said:
I would be disappointed if Nintendo did that. If I was looking for FPS games, I'd buy a PS4, XBone, or invest in a gaming PC. From a business perspective, it's a poor decision. Nintendo has more of an opportunity with Wii Fans, kids, and the Nintendo faithful who still haven't upgraded.

This is exactly why they need to EXPAND their genres so these kids that grow up don't leave the system for others that do have what they want.

Cobretti2 said:
JWeinCom said:
I would be disappointed if Nintendo did that. If I was looking for FPS games, I'd buy a PS4, XBone, or invest in a gaming PC. From a business perspective, it's a poor decision. Nintendo has more of an opportunity with Wii Fans, kids, and the Nintendo faithful who still haven't upgraded.

This is exactly why they need to EXPAND their genres so these kids that grow up don't leave the system for others that do have what they want.

^^^THIS!

This was the problem with gamecube(and 64 at certain point).Nintendo didn't see(or accepted) that gamers were growing up and their taste was changing! the kids from 90s were teenager now and the 80's were young adults so "kiddy games" were not enough anymore!I remember some nintendo guy(Iwata maybe?) saying that he didn't understand why people would like GTA or violent games....