By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Theory: Miyamoto's New IP Is a FPS and Will Be Shown at E3 2014!

Remember when Miyamoto announced that he was working on a new IP? What could it be that he is working on?

It is most likely an FPS. Why? Miyamoto said that he wanted to experiment with the FPS genre back in 2012. The other reason is that Iwata said that he does not understand the Western audience. He must be doing something to turn the Wii U around. Nintendo should know that this E3 will mean Do or Die. They will need to unload all their games on the audience and must do a conference.

Imagine a Nintendo FPS that has game modes similar to CoD, environmental actions and dynamic maps like BF, vehicles and weopons similar to those in HALO, and a Nintendo campaign that has you play through events that are similar to events in specific Nintendo games. This will be that one game that will make everyone sit and be like, "Da Fuq!" The internet will explode, fanboys will cry, and Wii U owners will be excited to a point where they may S**t themselves. E3 2014 will be the Wii U's Judgement day.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that Nintendo filed a trademark for S.T.E.A.M: Strike Team Eliminating the Alien Menace. Sounds like a FPS to me. I dont care if its an alien shooter as long as it include online multiplayer and some features I said like game modes vehicles and environment interactions. 

Around the Network

"Imagine a Nintendo FPS that has game modes similar to CoD, environmental actions and dynamic maps like BF, vehicles and weopons similar to those in HALO, and a Nintendo campaign that has you play through events that are similar to events in specific Nintendo games."

Yeah, that's not going to happen.

Knowing Nintendo it will be different from other FPS's. It won't be a military game.

It'll have Aliens, Ghosts, or odd creatures that Miyamoto thought up.

I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo does reveal their version of a FPS soon though.

If they do an FPS game, I highly doubt it would tie into other Nintendo games. It would probably be more Geist style, meaning it would be mostly single player action with some "gimmick" to make it stand out. It would be more focused and small scale than what you are talking about, focusing mostly on great level design and interesting weapons moreso than things like destructible environments and vehicles.

The multiplayer would be fairly standard, with more focus on the "gimmick" and an objective based scoring system as opposed to a kill based scoring system.

That is how I see it at least, but even that is unlikely...

Unless its Metroid... Please no! I don't want that over saturated Genre in Nintendo's Library unless its like Metroid or something but thats usually done by Retro

And of course if its something like Mario and his bitches with a paintball gun trying to shoot each other then no thanks on that too

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

Miyamoto was credited in the creation of Geist, that game was awesome. Hopefully it would be something like that.

Maybe. But the game won't go beyond a 12+ rating which means that the Call of Duty/Battlefield type of audience won't care for the title. Even reaching Metroid-like sales would be very difficult, all things considered. Nintendo would most likely want to spend those resources somewhere else.

Still, there is Steel Diver so I guess anything is possible. Come to think of it, Sub Wars might even be the FPS that he was hinting at.

It will probably be rated E and feature anthropomorphic cats throwing yarn. I love Nintendo, but they have no clue how to make a good FPS. They need to go to Retro and tell them to make a new IP that's a muliplayer centric FPS.

"On my business card I am a corporate president. In my mind I am a game developer. But in my heart I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata

If that does happen, I hope It's Mario level and not Wii Music level.

BTW, I'm pretty sure It's too late to have a full turn around for Wii U. I'd say last holiday was the "Do or Die" moment for the Wii U. :(

BraveNewWorld said:

It will probably be rated E and feature anthropomorphic cats throwing yarn. I love Nintendo, but they have no clue how to make a good FPS. They need to go to Retro and tell them to make a new IP that's a muliplayer centric FPS.

I'd say they're definitely capable of it. They have made new genres before. But I agree with the Retro part. Although telling them to make a Prime 4 or a spiritual successor to Prime in the Metroid universe would probably have a bigger impact if marketed correctly.