By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 vs Xbox One Games Chart from November to May Shows a Striking Difference

CommonNinja said:

Yup, Xbox is late to the indy scene, but I expect them to start catching up this summer, also, I know the chart doesn't say it because it isn't officially anounced yet, but Super Time Force is suposed to come to Xbox One around May-June according to Cappy.

I think the reason a lot of people online say that "ps4 has no games" is because it doesn't have as many big games as the Xbox One right now.  When most gamers think about games, they think about the big AAA titles rather than the smaller indy titles.

While I think indy games are great for filling the gap between bigger releases, Sony still needs to get on the ball and start anouncing some of thier big fall titles if they have any.  So far all we know about is the order wich is likely comming aroud september-october.

X1:  AAA exclusives (6)

DR3

Forza 5

Ryse

Killer Instinct (if that is an aaa exclusive with such content, then warframe, planetside 2 and blacklight retribution are too )

PvZ: Garden Warfare

Titanfall  ( same here, the only difference is the box, but a game sold in box doesnt make it more aaa )

PS4 AAA exclusives (10)

Killzone

Knack

Resogun

Warframe

Outlast

PlanetSide 2

Blacklight Retribution

Infamous Second Son

Final Fantasy XIV

MLB The Show (comming soon)

The Last Of Us ( soon)

It isn't really a huge difference, but a Driveclub release date would be nice to get from Sony, because other than that and The Order we don't know of any other exclusives planned for this year.  My gut feeling is that they have one more that they are waiting to anounce at E3 (from Sony Bend).  Lets hope I'm Right.

Fixed

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Around the Network
ganoncrotch said:

For the system with just 50 games to have 20 you would like then almost every 2nd game would have to be bought in comparison to 1 in every 25 games on the other system would need to appeal to you to fill your Quota.

I do understand the point you were trying to get to but I don't believe that a system with as few as 50 games would even have 5 which would appeal to each gamer.

I agree completely. More games to choose from is always better for the consumer. With that said, I obviously exagerated the circumstances. The PS4 will end up with more games but not 10X the amount like in my scenerio. I was just showing that the indie games that the PS4 is getting, while good for the people who have it, isn't as drastic a difference as the thread leads on.

More ain't better better is better (x1 list) ps4 has a bunch of indies that little to no one cares about

*Sound Of Rain said:
ganoncrotch said:

For the system with just 50 games to have 20 you would like then almost every 2nd game would have to be bought in comparison to 1 in every 25 games on the other system would need to appeal to you to fill your Quota.

I do understand the point you were trying to get to but I don't believe that a system with as few as 50 games would even have 5 which would appeal to each gamer.

I agree completely. More games to choose from is always better for the consumer. With that said, I obviously exagerated the circumstances. The PS4 will end up with more games but not 10X the amount like in my scenerio. I was just showing that the indie games that the PS4 is getting, while good for the people who have it, isn't as drastic a difference as the thread leads on.

Yeah, sometimes tho it is even the massive difference in numbers like you said, if you think of the app store on ios there are probably close to a million "games" right now but yeah would be hard pressed to find 50 which aren't angry birds clones or Angry birds that are worth playing.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

tinfamous12 said:
Good god, PS4 is Indie/Port central right now.

You say it as if the other comparison is better. PS4 is game central right now. Neither console has a deluge of AAA titles but at least Sony has ensured a steady flow of fresh games to play in the mean time.

Also, what is wrong with indie titles? Some really great games coming out of the indie scene.

Around the Network

Interresting...

- I just love how indy games are THAT relevant this gen...

- So PS4 isn't competing with PC now so it's ok to say the game is exclusive to PS4...

- Games lists to prove your console is better... now it's relevant

- Not everyone has a powerful PC so it's best to have a PS4 to play indy games... what? indy needs a powerful PC?

- It's better to have more than have better... ok... because there is a chance you get games you want on the bigger list... ok

Jazz2K said:
Interresting...

- I just love how indy games are THAT relevant this gen...

- So PS4 isn't competing with PC now so it's ok to say the game is exclusive to PS4...

- Games lists to prove your console is better... now it's relevant

- Not everyone has a powerful PC so it's best to have a PS4 to play indy games... what? indy needs a powerful PC?

- It's better to have more than have better... ok... because there is a chance you get games you want on the bigger list... ok

Don't be so naive, the only reason indies have become so relevant is the combination of a new generation and the advent of digital distribution. Last Gen it didn't happen at the beginning cause publishing on consoles was more difficult back then, and as the generation progressed indies had to compete against more AAA exclusives.

There is nothing about the game list that proves one consoles superiority over the other, it simply shows the disparity in games that can be played on either console.

That whole quality versus quantity argument is bullshit because its is subjective. Quality cannot be objectified unless we are talking about objective criteria such as performance, resolution, scale, etc... Therefore, the use of the word better, has already invalidated your argument. Quantity is objective it can be compared and weighting different games on scales of quality is pointless and divorced from reality.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

And let the list warz begin!

Arcade games shouldn't be listed with full $60 Retail games....... when you compare retail, both are about tied.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

I think it's fair to count some of the Indie games, as a lot of those are actually great and give users a bigger and more diverse catalog of games.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC