By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 vs Xbox One Games Chart from November to May Shows a Striking Difference

NobleTeam360 said:

Don't get me wrong, I liked Resogun. Don't know or heard of Starbound, but like I said before I didn't buy PS4 or Xbox One for Indie games, nice games to have but if that's all I wanted to play I would just use my PC. 

Technically, Resogun is not Indie, its AA, produced by Housemarque founded in 1995, has private investors, etc...

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network
kupomogli said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

@not bold: False

Dead Rising 3 Knack

Ryse Killzone: ShadowFall

Forza Infamous

Killer Instinct Resogun

@bold:

Steam gave away a free copy of Portal 2, if you purchased it on PS3. You cannot purchase a game on PSN to play on PC. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deal_of_the_day <- origin of flash sales

Steam's prices are a result of competition between PC vendors, since PSN, XBL, and NN aren't pc vendors, then they do not affect the price of those same games on steam.

They aren't directly competing, they just offer similar products.

Killer Instinct and Resogun aren't retail.  You forgot Kinect Rivals.

@Italics: Playroom (there you go).

I included KI and Resogun for balance, remove it and nothing has changed. Also technically, Resogun does have a price, since It cannot be played without plus, so it is essentaily bundled with every system with plus, similar to how TitanFall was bundled. Housemarque is still getting paid for the game.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

I've been rather bored with my PS4 though. Since I Platinum'd Second Son all I've been using it for is watching past seasons of The Walking Dead with my wife so she can catch up.

Pretty odd when you think back to E3 last year what Sony came out and done, laid down the law in terms of how gamers would be able to trade in their games and swap them exactly like on the ps3. To follow that by bringing out a line of devs who were working solely on games for the PSNstore... which can obviously never be traded in or swapped with your mates, clever enough strategy.

I mean there is nothing wrong with those games on psn, from what I heard of Towerfall of friends playing it I would love to see it come to the Vita if it's as "Tumblepop"y as my friends described it, just until we see versions of store games which can be traded to psn friends or refunded for a %age of the cost then their E3 stuff about owning your games and doing what you want with them has a pretty big * at the end of it for me.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

"No gaemz to see here. Move along people!"
The PC elitist said.

Around the Network

Yup, Xbox is late to the indy scene, but I expect them to start catching up this summer, also, I know the chart doesn't say it because it isn't officially anounced yet, but Super Time Force is suposed to come to Xbox One around May-June according to Cappy.

I think the reason a lot of people online say that "ps4 has no games" is because it doesn't have as many big games as the Xbox One right now.  When most gamers think about games, they think about the big AAA titles rather than the smaller indy titles.

While I think indy games are great for filling the gap between bigger releases, Sony still needs to get on the ball and start anouncing some of thier big fall titles if they have any.  So far all we know about is the order wich is likely comming aroud september-october.

X1:  AAA exclusives (6)

DR3

Forza 5

Ryse

Killer Instinct

PvZ: Garden Warfare

Titanfall

PS4 AAA exclusives (4)

Killzone

Knack

Infamous Second Son

MLB The Show (comming soon)

It isn't really a huge difference, but a Driveclub release date would be nice to get from Sony, because other than that and The Order we don't know of any other exclusives planned for this year.  My gut feeling is that they have one more that they are waiting to anounce at E3 (from Sony Bend).  Lets hope I'm Right.

Imagine if either Next gen machine could bag a timed exclusive run of GTA5 - The definitive version, even for something like 6 months before it came to the other system and the PC. Would be war.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Honestly this list shows nothing in terms of which is the better console to get.

As I said in another thread, I only plan on buying about 20 or so full retail games per each system I own. I also plan to buy maybe 20 digital-only games. Yes, variety is a good thing to have but most games I won't give a 2nd thought to. If a system has 500 games and another has 50 games, and I only plan on buying 20, I'll choose the best 20 either way.

See my point? It's about quality not quantity and the former is subjective.

CommonNinja said:

Yup, Xbox is late to the indy scene, but I expect them to start catching up this summer, also, I know the chart doesn't say it because it isn't officially anounced yet, but Super Time Force is suposed to come to Xbox One around May-June according to Cappy.

I think the reason a lot of people online say that "ps4 has no games" is because it doesn't have as many big games as the Xbox One right now.  When most gamers think about games, they think about the big AAA titles rather than the smaller indy titles.

While I think indy games are great for filling the gap between bigger releases, Sony still needs to get on the ball and start anouncing some of thier big fall titles if they have any.  So far all we know about is the order wich is likely comming aroud september-october.

X1:  AAA exclusives (6)

DR3

Forza 5

Ryse

Killer Instinct

PvZ: Garden Warfare

Titanfall

PS4 AAA exclusives (4)

Killzone

Knack

Infamous Second Son

MLB The Show (comming soon)

It isn't really a huge difference, but a Driveclub release date would be nice to get from Sony, because other than that and The Order we don't know of any other exclusives planned for this year.  My gut feeling is that they have one more that they are waiting to anounce at E3 (from Sony Bend).  Lets hope I'm Right.

Killer Instinct is AA unless you consider Resogun AAA

Titanfall and Plants Vs Zombies: Garden Warfare are not exclusive to XB1, unless you include WarFrame, FFXIV, and Blacklight: Retribution

*Sound Of Rain said:
Honestly this list shows nothing in terms of which is the better console to get.

As I said in another thread, I only plan on buying about 20 or so full retail games per each system I own. I also plan to buy maybe 20 digital-only games. Yes, variety is a good thing to have but most games I won't give a 2nd thought to. If a system has 500 games and another has 50 games, and I only plan on buying 20, I'll choose the best 20 either way.

See my point? It's about quality not quantity and the former is subjective.

For the system with just 50 games to have 20 you would like then almost every 2nd game would have to be bought in comparison to 1 in every 25 games on the other system would need to appeal to you to fill your Quota.

I do understand the point you were trying to get to but I don't believe that a system with as few as 50 games would even have 5 which would appeal to each gamer.