By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 vs Xbox One Games Chart from November to May Shows a Striking Difference

No real big exclusive game series on either console.
Weak line up of games for both consoles.
PS4 has had 50% more games than XBox One over the 6 month period.

Around the Network
NobleTeam360 said:
Hooray Indie games!!!

And what exactly is wrong with that? Are AAA games automatically better than indie just because they have a larger budget? I've put hundreds of hours into games like Minecraft and Terraria. I'd love to see AAA games get as imaginative or creative as Papers Please. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Fusioncode said:
NobleTeam360 said:
Hooray Indie games!!!

And what exactly is wrong with that? Are AAA games automatically better than indie just because they have a larger budget? I've put hundreds of hours into games like Minecraft and Terraria. I'd love to see AAA games get as imaginative or creative as Papers Please. 

What do you mean? I said Hooray for Indie games!!!! 

bubblegamer said:
kupomogli said:
Now compare the PS4 list to PC games.

Why? PS4 is not competing with PC's.

Yes they are.  Sony wouldn't be touting how some indie games are on timed exclusive on PS4 and won't be on the PC until later. 

The PC shares a lot of games with consoles, now more than ever because of all the indie games that have been making their way to consoles this and last gen.  Console developers would rather you buy the games on their consoles over another, whether it's the PS4, Wii U, Xbox One, or, even though it's not a console, the PC.

kupomogli said:
bubblegamer said:
kupomogli said:

Yes they are.  Sony wouldn't be touting how some indie games are on timed exclusive on PS4 and won't be on the PC until later. 

The PC shares a lot of games with consoles, now more than ever because of all the indie games that have been making their way to consoles this and last gen.  Console developers would rather you buy the games on their consoles over another, whether it's the PS4, Wii U, Xbox One, or, even though it's not a console, the PC.

And why would the PS4 be singled out in this comparison? Is the X1 not able to compete or something? We're mostly console gamers so PC games don't matter that much anyway.

Around the Network
kupomogli said:
bubblegamer said:
kupomogli said:

Not really, there is no PC company directly competing with Sony, MS, or Nintendo for that matter. Espcially when SOE has games on PC as well. Its a lot more complicated then the competition between consoles

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Ouch that list does not paint a pretty picture for XB1 owners

Nov, Dec, Jan and Feb were fairly even imo even though PS4 still had the numbers.

But March, April and May is where it really takes quite a big lead.

awesomenauts
towerfall:ascension
dynasty warriors
the amazing spiderman 2
daylight
FF14
MLB
Bound by flame
transistor (transistor is going to be epic btw!)

Those are some really good games in that list, that cant simply be dismissed as "oh well that's just indie crap that no1 cares about"

I really didn't know the situation was this bad and i spent quite a lot of time in the Xbox One thread. I'm wondering how the other months are looking?

In any case I think we need to give credit where it's due and Sony has done a great job at ensuring support in the first year for the PS4. I think what you are seeing on Xb1 is actually typical of launch years.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

kupomogli said:

Why? lol

Sony has the same AAA stuff as MS and matches exclusives while ALSO having more games overall with indies and Japanese titles. I really don't see how that can be a knock against PS4. Even if you don't like ANY of those indies and others, you still can't go wrong with it unless of course you REALLY need Titanfall.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Out of all those games, the game that i think XB1 will regret not having the most is transistor. That game has some serious hype around it and if its a hit then thats another blow to XB1.

Funnily enough its an indie game

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|