By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 vs Xbox One Games Chart from November to May Shows a Striking Difference

fallen said:

can we stop with these crap indies and free 2 plays??

and why whenever somebody makes a "list of games" it's always automatically so fake and biased towards Playstation? I knew it would be this way before I clicked the list. List wars are ALWAYS by playstation fans who omit X1 games and include nonexistant or undesirable PS games.

There are no important games in the next few months that are coming to PS4 and not X1, except TLOU remaster (which is just an old game anyway) period finito. And MLB the Show, although it's basically just the same graphics as the Ps3 version. Octodad is NOT a real game, and the better version of all indies is always on PC/Microsoft Windows, these are not exclusives.

And LOl, there was a guy on youtube who would mock doki-doki- universe as dookie dookie universe, because so many PS fanboys would always bring it up lol. I wonder if anybody even ever played that, yet it was probably more hyped on the internet than Titanfall simply because it was PS exclusive.

"Backgammon blitz", rofl. This is a real thing somebody put as a ps4 game in order to make the PS4 list longer than the Xbox one.

Edit: The user was moderated for this post - Starcraft

That last part about Backgammon was pretty funny. But they are all real games. You can find awesome games in indie titles and smaller downloadable titles. But it's funny the shift in emphasis from last gen to this gen. Just last year we had a lot of threads about how the 360 was going through a drought and MS was bringing gamers no games and I would talk about awesome games like Battleblock Theater, State of Decay, and Skulls of the Shogun, and would be told by some people here that those weren't "real games" or "don't count" LOL. There is a big difference in saying certain games might not appeal to you and saying certain games aren't real games and don't count.

Around the Network

Wait wasnt Bound by Flame suposed to be comming out for the XOne as well ?

J_Allard said:

That last part about Backgammon was pretty funny. But they are all real games. You can find awesome games in indie titles and smaller downloadable titles. But it's funny the shift in emphasis from last gen to this gen. Just last year we had a lot of threads about how the 360 was going through a drought and MS was bringing gamers no games and I would talk about awesome games like Battleblock Theater, State of Decay, and Skulls of the Shogun, and would be told by some people here that those weren't "real games" or "don't count" LOL. There is a big difference in saying certain games might not appeal to you and saying certain games aren't real games and don't count.

If you want to understand the difference between last gen and this gen, then you simply have to look at the duration and the avaliability of AAA exclusives.

Barring the Wii U, there are literally 2 Current Gen exclusives that released in 2014 sofar.

Furthemore, as JPL point out, the quality of XBLA games vs the PS4s indies are quite different. XBLA had some gems like Castle Crashers, and your mileage may vary, but many XBLA games didn't even have review scores and the production values obviously distinguish between the indie developers and the hobbyists making games in XNLA because its easy.

So its a combination of generally better indies, barely any AAA competition, and the gen's age. Obviously, stuff was ommited last gen because of "fans" but at the same time, the lists didn't have much merit cause there were so many games.

When "No Luca No" has to compete with every third party on the X360, and all TowerFall has to do is compete with "ISS" its not hard to see why. In fact, MS got rid of there stupid anti indie policies that were formed with "the intention of quality control" such as charging for to many patches and release parity and instead just manually selected the good from bad like Sony is doing, then Indies on the X1 would only have to compete with its launch exclusives and KSR, better yet. Indies would probably be the last game to show a power disparity between the two consoles.

In a world where MS tried to convince people that the gap didn't exist, didn't matter, would be made up eventually with experience/dx12

I have a hard time believing that Contrast couldn't run 1080p 60 fps on XB1 as well, instead the focus on the AAA system sellers instead of the Indie system justifiers that emphasize the differences rather than mask them.

Its quite paradoxical.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

DakonBlackblade said:
Wait wasnt Bound by Flame suposed to be comming out for the XOne as well ?

"No plans right now." Apparently they didn't get development kits in time.

JayWood2010 said:
Shinobi-san said:
JayWood2010 said:

We dont talk about it because we have an agenda. It really is that simple.  And most of your posts dissapoints with your overly defensive generalizing statements when most people can very clearly see the full picture, or i can be just like you and act like this list isnt an e-penis battle to justify my purchase.  If youre not a part of the problem then nobody is talking about you, so no need to be defensive.  so not really upset with you not liking me for the 2nd time.  After all you once told me that nobody respected me xD  That was funny as you can look around and clearly see that wasnt true. Love me or hate me my stance will always remain the same, games > Platforms and in this case a list is just a list, nothing more.  It means nothing more than a raw number with no true merit.

You say this isnt true and then respond with XBO has a stronger retail library.  News flash, WiiU has a stronger library than both XBO and PS4 currently.

Really lets take a look about ports

Flower
Injustice
Warframe
Blacklight
DC
Escape Plan
Flow
Dont Starve
Dead Nation
Towerfall
FEZ

These are just off the top of my head.  And the last statement means just what it said.  Most of the games on PS4 hasnt really turned out well.  Its like bragging that XBO has Lococycle.  You just dont do that.  Its like youre going on some huge tangent with me as you usually do with "generalizing fanbases" but in this case i never once mentioned sony fans or Microsoft fans. I simply said throwing numbers around is just that, nothing more.  Funny we do that but ignore everything with even more games right? xD  no you wont agree with that, after all you seem to be pushing an agenda much more than me. After all im not the only one to say the lists are a bit lacking, but youre right, clearly everybody is wrong for doubting such amazing lists.   

You really are full of shit. Especially for someone who touts his views as unbiased in every corner of these forums.

Around the Network

It is fun watching people argue about a list, then creating lists of their own to argue about, then editing the original list just so that they can argue about it more.

Oh, must dash! I'm at the supermarket and not only has the man next to me got a shorter shopping list, he also has tomatoes in the fruit section of his list! And he is buying cherry tomatoes when I prefer the baby cherry tomatoes! We must argue and then go our separate ways with unchanged opinions!

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
J_Allard said:

If you want to understand the difference between last gen and this gen, then you simply have to look at the duration and the avaliability of AAA exclusives.

Barring the Wii U, there are literally 2 Current Gen exclusives that released in 2014 sofar.

Furthemore, as JPL point out, the quality of XBLA games vs the PS4s indies are quite different. XBLA had some gems like Castle Crashers, and your mileage may vary, but many XBLA games didn't even have review scores and the production values obviously distinguish between the indie developers and the hobbyists making games in XNLA because its easy.

So its a combination of generally better indies, barely any AAA competition, and the gen's age. Obviously, stuff was ommited last gen because of "fans" but at the same time, the lists didn't have much merit cause there were so many games.

When "No Luca No" has to compete with every third party on the X360, and all TowerFall has to do is compete with "ISS" its not hard to see why. In fact, MS got rid of there stupid anti indie policies that were formed with "the intention of quality control" such as charging for to many patches and release parity and instead just manually selected the good from bad like Sony is doing, then Indies on the X1 would only have to compete with its launch exclusives and KSR, better yet. Indies would probably be the last game to show a power disparity between the two consoles.

In a world where MS tried to convince people that the gap didn't exist, didn't matter, would be made up eventually with experience/dx12

I have a hard time believing that Contrast couldn't run 1080p 60 fps on XB1 as well, instead the focus on the AAA system sellers instead of the Indie system justifiers that emphasize the differences rather than mask them.

Its quite paradoxical.

If a lack of retail AAA games meant that downloadable titles are suddenly more important and viable as "real games", then no one would have ever said to me last year that those games don't count. Unless you think the 360 had a huge library of 2013 retail AAA exclusives. I can think of Gears Judgement. In a discussion about support committed to a console in 2013, a list of games from 2010 or 2007 would be irrelevant. It's simply a big double standard.

Also, you're confusing the XBL Indie section for XBLA. Because XBLA had tons of amazing indie games.

J_Allard said:

If a lack of retail AAA games meant that downloadable titles are suddenly more important and viable as "real games", then no one would have ever said to me last year that those games don't count. Unless you think the 360 had a huge library of 2013 retail AAA exclusives. I can think of Gears Judgement. In a discussion about support committed to a console in 2013, a list of games from 2010 or 2007 would be irrelevant. It's simply a big double standard.

Also, you're confusing the XBL Indie section for XBLA. Because XBLA had tons of amazing indie games.

@bold: I'm not disputing that. I'm saying its like steam, not enough quality control to filter out the shite that obscures the good games.

@Italics: You missunderstand me, I'm talking about the entire game library of the system since release, not just 2013. Not to mention, old games are almost as cheap as indie games but they are still AAA.

In that regard on established systems, Indies don't even have a price advantage, and have to compete against games with larger production values.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Like I said complete library is irrelevant to what I posted. If complete library matters then people wouldn't have said the games didn't count last year, because the 360 has an amazing game library.

And PS4 has quality control? Aren't there a couple of its indie games with like 30's or 50's metascore? It will end up no different than Steam or XBLA. Either way this isn't relevant either. An indie game with a meta of 36 is still a real game. Yet somehow last year I was told State of Decay or Battleblock didn't count. Seems strange. Last I will say on the matter.

J_Allard said:
Like I said complete library is irrelevant to what I posted. If complete library matters then people wouldn't have said the games didn't count last year, because the 360 has an amazing game library.

And PS4 has quality control? Aren't there a couple of its indie games with like 30's or 50's metascore? It will end up no different than Steam or XBLA. Either way this isn't relevant either. An indie game with a meta of 36 is still a real game. Yet somehow last year I was told State of Decay or Battleblock didn't count. Seems strange. Last I will say on the matter.

low scoring PS3 games were also ridiculed. Whats the point?

Anyway, even if you exclude those games rated below 50, what would the difference be?

Feb would become 5-5 without basement crawl

March would become 2-9 to PS4 without putty squad

Nov would become 18-22 to PS4 without Angry birds and NBA live 14 on PS4 and fighter within, NBA live 14 and lococycle from XB1

(I took into account that Xbox 1 meta of angry birds is over 50 so I didnt remove that from xbox, only PS4)