By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 vs Xbox One Games Chart from November to May Shows a Striking Difference

JayWood2010 said:
lucidium said:
JayWood2010 said:

If others pointend out something why would you feel to need to continue something? Especially considering as you said you were late to the party.  Sure sounds like youre trying to start something to me....

Look, i really dont want to argue about any of this.  And for the record i didnt say PS4's library was bad, im just saying that list wars is nothing but an e-penis war.  Take what ive said however you want and im fine with that but please lets not try and start another argument just because you feel like it.

How is continuing a discussion an "argument"?, I was reading through the thread, admittedly a little late but hey, having a job / sleeping / life stuff does that sometimes, you came in to the thread guns blazing to belittle it.

JayWood2010 said:

Now how many of those do you care about........Yeah the list gets immediately shorter after that, we dont talk about that though.....Ports of games on older platforms also dont get talked about......  Meanwhile ouya still has those 700+ games, better rush to get it.  Ouya > XBO/PS4 Confirmed for the 2nd time

Both attacking the quality of the games by insinuating that the majority do not care at all for a large portion of them, then get on the defencive about the overall quantity too.

Then we have..

JayWood2010 said:

What do i mean about "How many do you care about?"  If we are being completely honest this thread (List) is only trying to spread some elitism when there really isnt anything to brag about in the first place.  If we want to talk raw numbers you might as well play on an IOS device.  Hell stick with PS360 or get a WiiU that all has much more games than both of these.

And if we are being honest PS4's retail games are incredibly lacking, much more than any other platform on the market.

And if we are being honest, many of the games that are being listed are games that has been out well before the PS4 was even out.  

And if we are being honest most of the games on that list hasnt really turned out all that well.

^^^^ We dont talk about any of this though.  We just try and spread elitism over the internet to random strangers.  We ignore so many things just to try and prove one plastic box is better than the other, and before you say anything you dont see either of my comments saying XBO or PS4's is better than the other.  Im simply saying that more doesnt mean anything when the quality of that list doesnt even really seem average.  Off the top of your head, which one has the most games, Wii, X360, or PS3?  Probably dont know because nobody gives a shit.  Simply because having the most means nothing.  You can release 1 million games, doesnt mean 1 million games are good. As i said, if youre going to boast about "Most" then play IOS or pretty much any other platform than the new gen of consoles.

It becomes immediately clear that you find issue with people pointing out the disparity in game availability, you then go on to reference older systems with wider libraries, at a point when a console has matured enough to have a stable and wide range of games being released for it, or a substantial catalog, yes, the raw numbers no longer matter, however when a console is still in the early days and the available library is short enough to be listed in a single graphic, pointing out those differences can be helpful, both in analysing the current situation and for people who do not yet own either system and want to make an informed purchased without having to trawl through the internet looking up individual games.

The list does not intrinsically say "lol ps4 has more games buy that" it simple says "heres the games that have been released on both systems each month since the launch", while you may not personally like what has been released on a particular platform (though, your focus almost entirely in this thread has been weighted more towards the games on ps4), that does not mean that those viewing the list wont like those games or be interested in them.

The list also shows the frequency of title releases, and while it may not be a bulletproof method, people could understanably come to the conclusion that they are more likely to receive more frequent game releases or less likely, on a particular platform.

Information is power, and the information presented is factual, so theres no reason to attack it other than ones own agenda, bias or frustration.

Around the Network
BMaker11 said:
Ronster316 said:
BMaker11 said:
Ronster316 said:
Well over 100 posts in to this thread now.......... that alone shows that there clearly is an issue here with regards to the ps4's current line up of games.

With regards to indie games, in 90% of cases they are nothing more than 2-3 hour long and 1-2 day time fillers.

(that's always been my stance on these indie games, even when the 360 was swamped with them last gen, my old posts will back that statement up 100%)

Second son is getting platinumed left, right & centre at an alarmingly fast rate...... why? whether most on here who do favour sony would like to admit it or not, there clearly is a lack of appealing quality lenghty games on the ps4 right now.

So many qualifiers! I can do it do: there is clearly a lack of appealing, cinematic, casual, open world, slower paced games on the X1 right now. See how easily I can discount a library by, instead of liking a game for what it is, adding a bunch of descriptors to negate the game?

And considering my 33+ hours in Warframe, for exampl, I wouldn't say that's a "2-3 hour long, 1-2 day time filler".

And ISS is getting platinumed left and right? Strange that a game that is averaging 20 hours to 100% is getting "platinumed left, right and centre at an alarmingly fast rate".

Man....a list merely pointing out which games are out right now and will be releasing soon really has struck a nerve with some people.....

Precisely............ only 20 hours to 100%. (ie 2-3 days like i said for those who put a good few nights work in on it)

Kinda shows that there is sod all else out there thats appealing to the sony crowd if they can rush through a game so quickly just to feed their starvation.

I'm not disputing that for a few out there games like Warframe and Resogun may get a bit more time put in to them than what i mentioned.

I wouldn't put that number at a high percentage though, far from it.

"Only"? You're standards are crazy high, then, if you're expecting a whole bunch more from a single player game. Uncharted 2 (from the same site) was 22.5 hours to 100% and I don't remember anyone saying it wasn't lengthy or was lacking quality. In fact, it was one of the best games from last gen. And nobody gets a new game and then plays it for 7-10 hours a day, in order to beat it 2-3 days. ISS being "platinumed left and right" and people rushing through it is a wholly a fabrication from you. 

And I'll just leave you with a little Jim Sterling quote: indies are not system sellers, but they are system justifiers.

From our good friends over at Playstationtrophies.org (formerly ps3trophies)

Second Son completion time...... http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/infamous-second-son/229807-infamous-second-son-trophy-guide-roadmap.html

Uncharted 2 completion time.... http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/uncharted-2-among-thieves/26162-uncharted-2-among-thieves-trophy-guide-road-map-dlc.html

In some cases only 10 hours? for a platinum? christ, it's worse than i thought when it comes to length.

lucidium said:
JayWood2010 said:
lucidium said:
JayWood2010 said:

How is continuing a discussion an "argument"?, I was reading through the thread, admittedly a little late but hey, having a job / sleeping / life stuff does that sometimes.

Actually you were in here earlier posting the exact same time as me and yeah youre trying your hardest to agrue.  As ive repeated numerous times my answer will always be the same.  You can analyze my posts but in the end i will still always answer exactly the same.  There really isnt anything to add to this at this point in time.  You just seem to want to continue to continue arguing as you know there is nothing left to say on the subject

JayWood2010 said:

Actually you were in here earlier posting the exact same time as me and yeah youre trying your hardest to agrue.  As ive repeated numerous times my answer will always be the same.  You can analyze my posts but in the end i will still always answer exactly the same.  There really isnt anything to add to this at this point in time.

Seems more like you're trying your hardest to convince me/others that its an argument when its a simple discussion.

And no, i was in here pointing out that resorting to "multiplats dont count" is pointless, the people saying that generally do so to discredit the smaller games, so i pointed out that the disparity exists even without them.

My view is simply that both systems have great games, and as someone indifferent to platforms, i see a lot of hypocrisy from both sides over the generation shift.

lucidium said:

My view is simply that both systems have great games, and as someone indifferent to platforms, i see a lot of hypocrisy from both sides over the generation shift.

Of course there is hypocricy from both sides.   You can see me say, if you tell me you like PS4 games more than WiiU/XBO im fine with that.  Its an opinion. That isnt a superiority issue.

And to me, both has a few good games.  I wont say great atm, and nor wil i say they have a huge amount of good games.   Neither list amazing, average at best is more like it.  Ive enjoyed this gen so far but i also know there isnt much to brag about.  Mostly the early adopters that didnt need much convincing will be picking them up and enjoy a few good games now until the bigger games come out later.  That isnt to say you cant enjoy your console(s), ive enjoyed XBO/PS4/WiiU so far, but lets be honest about things. Theyre on their first year(excluding wiiU) and there isnt really a stellar library on any of the big three right now.

Around the Network
JayWood2010 said:
lucidium said:

Of course there is hypocricy from both sides.   You can see me say, if you tell me you like PS4 games more than WiiU/XBO im fine with that.  Its an opinion. That isnt a superiority issue.

And to me, both has a few good games.  I wont say great atm, and nor wil i say they have a huge amount of good games.   Neither list amazing, average at best is more like it.  Ive enjoyed this gen so far but i also know there isnt much to brag about.  Mostly the early adopters that didnt need much convincing will be picking them up and enjoy a few good games now until the bigger games come out later.  That isnt to say you cant enjoy your console(s), ive enjoyed XBO/PS4/WiiU so far, but lets be honest about things. Theyre on their first year(excluding wiiU) and there isnt really a stellar library on any of the big three right now.

Does a game need to be stellar to be worthwhile though?

If it doesn't then I don't even see what your point this whole thread has been.

All of the games, on both systems, regardless of which, are just as appealing as the others to individuals or groups that like them, so belittling the list based on your own perception is just flat out wrong.

Ronster316 said:
BMaker11 said:
Ronster316 said:
BMaker11 said:
Ronster316 said:
Well over 100 posts in to this thread now.......... that alone shows that there clearly is an issue here with regards to the ps4's current line up of games.

With regards to indie games, in 90% of cases they are nothing more than 2-3 hour long and 1-2 day time fillers.

(that's always been my stance on these indie games, even when the 360 was swamped with them last gen, my old posts will back that statement up 100%)

Second son is getting platinumed left, right & centre at an alarmingly fast rate...... why? whether most on here who do favour sony would like to admit it or not, there clearly is a lack of appealing quality lenghty games on the ps4 right now.

So many qualifiers! I can do it do: there is clearly a lack of appealing, cinematic, casual, open world, slower paced games on the X1 right now. See how easily I can discount a library by, instead of liking a game for what it is, adding a bunch of descriptors to negate the game?

And considering my 33+ hours in Warframe, for exampl, I wouldn't say that's a "2-3 hour long, 1-2 day time filler".

And ISS is getting platinumed left and right? Strange that a game that is averaging 20 hours to 100% is getting "platinumed left, right and centre at an alarmingly fast rate".

Man....a list merely pointing out which games are out right now and will be releasing soon really has struck a nerve with some people.....

Precisely............ only 20 hours to 100%. (ie 2-3 days like i said for those who put a good few nights work in on it)

Kinda shows that there is sod all else out there thats appealing to the sony crowd if they can rush through a game so quickly just to feed their starvation.

I'm not disputing that for a few out there games like Warframe and Resogun may get a bit more time put in to them than what i mentioned.

I wouldn't put that number at a high percentage though, far from it.

"Only"? You're standards are crazy high, then, if you're expecting a whole bunch more from a single player game. Uncharted 2 (from the same site) was 22.5 hours to 100% and I don't remember anyone saying it wasn't lengthy or was lacking quality. In fact, it was one of the best games from last gen. And nobody gets a new game and then plays it for 7-10 hours a day, in order to beat it 2-3 days. ISS being "platinumed left and right" and people rushing through it is a wholly a fabrication from you. 

And I'll just leave you with a little Jim Sterling quote: indies are not system sellers, but they are system justifiers.

From our good friends over at Playstationtrophies.org (formerly ps3trophies)

Second Son completion time...... http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/infamous-second-son/229807-infamous-second-son-trophy-guide-roadmap.html

Uncharted 2 completion time.... http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/uncharted-2-among-thieves/26162-uncharted-2-among-thieves-trophy-guide-road-map-dlc.html

In some cases only 10 hours? for a platinum? christ, it's worse than i thought when it comes to length.

Well, we've got two conflicting sources, then. One that took an average of lots of people's playing times and said it takes 20 hours to 100%. And another where a guy says it takes "10-20 hours" (that's quite a fine range we have there) to 100%, with a guide to back it up.

What does this mean to me? That it can be beat in a shorter time, but the average player will take a longer time to play it. Fallout 3 is like a 50+ hour game to a typical gamer, but it can be beat in 30 minutes.

thismeintiel said:
Machiavellian said:
thismeintiel said:
Read most of the posts in here. Got to love some of the poor reasoning/excuses from the Xbox fans. But, hey, I guess that's how you react when one of the last arguments you have against the competition is ripped from your hands. Can't really argue specs/secret sauce, anymore. Sales are greatly in favor of the PS4, also. So, gotta fight for that "no games" argument to stay alive.

So what you are really saying is that because of your own bias towards the PS4, all comments from people you view as X1 fans are poor.  Just from reading the comments that appears to be the case for both sides.  I love this console so things said in favor of the other or that can be seen as favor is poor.

Nothing like List wars to bring out all kinds of opinions when all is said and done, both systems will not be decided on list of games but quality preceived by the consumer.  If list really was something consumers care about including the ones in this forum then the WiiU would be selling boat loads.

I think it's more like people's bias towards the One is not allowing them to accept that the PS4 just has more games coming out on it this year than the One.  Making excuses, like indies and multis don't count, when in fact they do.  And lists do matter when the games on them actually look to be decent to great, not just a bunch of shovelware.  In the end, there's something for everyone on the PS4.  Probably part of the reason it has amassed a ~3M lead on the One in a matter of months.

I higly doubt anyone is disputing that the PS4 has more games coming out.  The whole purpose of list wars is to say my system of choice is better than yours because it has more numbers.  What I am pointing out is that its the same pointless argument that in the end has absolutely no real value.  The Xbox fan is no more wrong in saying that the X1 has more games they care about then the PS4 fan saying I have more choices.  Its not more excuses it perference which cannot be measured based on quantity.

In the end just like any fanboy argument, it only matter to fanboys.

On your last point, are you saying that Sales = Quality.  Probably one of the most hugly debated topics on most forums.

crissindahouse said:

That's what I don't understand since this gen, why did nobody make such a list last gen and probably even the last years and say "PS3 got 15 games this month but Xbox 360 got 25 indie games alone"

Then it was "Xbox 360 doesn't get any games" because those indie games didn't count but now they count for a full comparison...

3000+ indie games

http://marketplace.xbox.com/de-DE/Games/XboxIndieGames?sortby=TopRated

almost 600 arcade games

http://marketplace.xbox.com/de-DE/Games/XboxArcadeGames?SortBy=ReleaseDate

"Xbox has no games because Indie games will only count when PS4 releases"

And yes I know that most Indie games are crap on 360.

Thread should've ended with this post, seriously.

walsufnir said:
crissindahouse said:

That's what I don't understand since this gen, why did nobody make such a list last gen and probably even the last years and say "PS3 got 15 games this month but Xbox 360 got 25 indie games alone"

Then it was "Xbox 360 doesn't get any games" because those indie games didn't count but now they count for a full comparison...

3000+ indie games

http://marketplace.xbox.com/de-DE/Games/XboxIndieGames?sortby=TopRated

almost 600 arcade games

http://marketplace.xbox.com/de-DE/Games/XboxArcadeGames?SortBy=ReleaseDate

"Xbox has no games because Indie games will only count when PS4 releases"

And yes I know that most Indie games are crap on 360.

Thread should've ended with this post, seriously.

I disagree it should no thave ended with this post because there were lists made like this last gen as well. There were always XB/360 fans that brought up how they continually got all these stellar titles on XBLA and how many more games it gave the 360 over the PS3. And even though I enjoyed the games on PS3 more than I did the 360 I felt that those people were correct. XBLA arcade had some AMAZING games on it. People were just to bias and silly to just accept it and see it.

Even if someone didn't like all those games on XBLA to try and not "count" the games that came to it to fit an agenda was just a way of trying to avoid losing an argument. Just like people are doing now. Everyone talks about all these "retail" AAA multi-million dollar games liek they are all that matter. While they are definitely an important part of a console and game library they are not all that matter. All those indie/arcade games fill gaps, are enjoyable, affordable and sometimes even better than those big budget "retail" AAA games that we always talk about.

So right now it is a case of the "goal posts" shifting on both sides to fit an argument/agenda to not lose an argument. This thread got turned into a war when all the OP did was post an article that showed the difference in games that are currently out for PS4/XB1 and what is coming out. And even went as far as to say that E3 was a chance to see more. But all most posters in here did was go at each other for no reason and cause tension and friction that wasn't needed. This is last gen all over it's just the PS4 is int eh front "right now" and the XB is not. So the roles are just reversed....itis crazy if you ask me how both sides have flip flopped their "arguments" smh.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23