By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 vs Xbox One Games Chart from November to May Shows a Striking Difference

JPL78 said:

Well, Elder Scrolls Online, Arkham Knight, Destiny and Dragon Age all come to mind. But those are just games that I'm excited about.

i hope Mario Kart 8 does amazing things for the system. My only problem with is that I won't have anyone to play local multiplayer with. Online is just not the same. I'm not even touching Smash Brothers for the same reason.

it just seems different to me between Wii U's first year and the Ps4/X1. Wii u got shafted in part because third parties are indifferent to Nintendo for the most part and Nintendo could care less apparently. If games didn't come to Wii U it was because of apprehension or low sales of other third party titles. Games not coming to PS4/X1 is because those games either don't exist or we don't really know about them yet. Trust me, most major titles will come to both systems and it is doubtful you could ever say that about Wii U.

Plus, there is half a year left before we can judge fully how the new consoles did the first year. You have to also remember December, January and February are ALWAYS dead for ANY console. That's half the PS4's life right now. Even though I'm not blown away by the X1's library, I know it will have plenty of games eventually. It's not even unthinkable that the Wii U gets taken off the market by the time the X1/PS4 start hitting their strides.

so yeah, I'm not too hopefull that my Wind Waker HD Deluxe bundle will have been a worthy purchase. I would love to be proven wrong in that expectation.

Not much to say with the rest of your post but only the Akham game is missing on my WiiU as far as I'm concerned. (of known titles)

AS for the bolded... there are a great number of already existing WiiU exlcusives that are great games. (click my games list in my sig for specifics) There is no reason for it to not be worth it unless all you like to play is sports and shooters.

Around the Network
JPL78 said:
fallen said:

can we stop with these crap indies and free 2 plays??

and why whenever somebody makes a "list of games" it's always automatically so fake and biased towards Playstation? I knew it would be this way before I clicked the list. List wars are ALWAYS by playstation fans who omit X1 games and include nonexistant or undesirable PS games.

There are no important games in the next few months that are coming to PS4 and not X1, except TLOU remaster (which is just an old game anyway) period finito. And MLB the Show, although it's basically just the same graphics as the Ps3 version. Octodad is NOT a real game, and the better version of all indies is always on PC/Microsoft Windows, these are not exclusives.

And LOl, there was a guy on youtube who would mock doki-doki- universe as dookie dookie universe, because so many PS fanboys would always bring it up lol. I wonder if anybody even ever played that, yet it was probably more hyped on the internet than Titanfall simply because it was PS exclusive.

"Backgammon blitz", rofl. This is a real thing somebody put as a ps4 game in order to make the PS4 list longer than the Xbox one.

If I reply to this I will be banned.

I was gonna do the same. I don't care about being banned, but I'm just not gonna let some angry anon on the internet control my emotions. Plus I've already been banned for doing it before ;D

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Superchunk said:

Not much to say with the rest of your post but only the Akham game is missing on my WiiU as far as I'm concerned. (of known titles)

AS for the bolded... there are a great number of already existing WiiU exlcusives that are great games. (click my games list in my sig for specifics) There is no reason for it to not be worth it unless all you like to play is sports and shooters.

That's awesome for you. I'm glad you are completely happy with the Wii U's library past, present and future.

I've played all the must play games I wanted to play. Because I own 360 and PS3 that basically only left Nintendo exclusives and it didn't take that long to go through Windwaker, New SMB, Mario 3D World, Donkey Kong, nintendoland, wonderful 101, Pikmin and even Wii games I missed like Skyward Sword and the Galaxy games.

So been there, done that and like 8 months after dropping 300 dollars on a system I've done everything I wanted and there are very limited future releases I care about. Why shouldn't I be disappointed? I had almost NINE YEARS of constant new releases on Xbox 360!

But I'm stuck with it for the Virtual Console games I own and it is there that I would like to see improvement. I want to see more virtual console games, more frequently. What they have been doing with GBA games is hopeful.

fallen said:

and why whenever somebody makes a "list of games" it's always automatically so fake and biased towards Playstation? I knew it would be this way before I clicked the list. List wars are ALWAYS by playstation fans who omit X1 games and include nonexistant or undesirable PS games.

There are no important games in the next few months that are coming to PS4 and not X1, except TLOU remaster (which is just an old game anyway) period finito. And MLB the Show, although it's basically just the same graphics as the Ps3 version. Octodad is NOT a real game, and the better version of all indies is always on PC/Microsoft Windows, these are not exclusives.

And LOl, there was a guy on youtube who would mock doki-doki- universe as dookie dookie universe, because so many PS fanboys would always bring it up lol. I wonder if anybody even ever played that, yet it was probably more hyped on the internet than Titanfall simply because it was PS exclusive.

"Backgammon blitz", rofl. This is a real thing somebody put as a ps4 game in order to make the PS4 list longer than the Xbox one.

Is it a dream?

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

JPL78 said:

That's awesome for you. I'm glad you are completely happy with the Wii U's library past, present and future.

I've played all the must play games I wanted to play. Because I own 360 and PS3 that basically only left Nintendo exclusives and it didn't take that long to go through Windwaker, New SMB, Mario 3D World, Donkey Kong, nintendoland, wonderful 101, Pikmin and even Wii games I missed like Skyward Sword and the Galaxy games.

So been there, done that and like 8 months after dropping 300 dollars on a system I've done everything I wanted and there are very limited future releases I care about. Why shouldn't I be disappointed? I had almost NINE YEARS of constant new releases on Xbox 360!

But I'm stuck with it for the Virtual Console games I own and it is there that I would like to see improvement. I want to see more virtual console games, more frequently. What they have been doing with GBA games is hopeful.

So you just named 8 exclusives on WiiU PLUS at least 3 on Wii though infered to others PLUS an untold number of VC games you've played all within the 8 months you owned your WiiU and that didn't already make it worth it? Not to mention you're likely missing quite a few other exclusives (zombiu) or other games that are just better on WiiU/Wii (rayman) as well as many others from Wii... but you still claim it wasn't worth it. 

:/

As far as future games go, well yeah Nintendo doesn't spill the beans on all their in work games. But you know they'll come. MK8, SSB, Zelda, X, Hyrule Warriors, Fatal Frame, Bayonetta2... just to name the known. Then you figure in the more obvious unknown like another mario, various mario sports/party, whatever Miyamoto is working on which is almost assured to be good (he has a great track record), whatever Retro is working on... etc.

IDK man. Obviously each person's tastes are different. But based on games you've already mentioned, I think you're just being pessimistic or willfully ignoring what WiiU has now, including Wii/VC, and has coming up. Plus the good indie titles.

Yes, PS4XBO are obviosly kings of the 3rd parties. But WiiU already has a good library that Nintendo will continue to support for at least another couple years. BTW, how many X360's did you buy during those nine years? i.e. how much on hardware did you spend? (since you're comparing $300 and 8mos now)

Around the Network
fallen said:

What gives you the right to determine whether something is a game or not? Can I play octodad using a controller on my PS4? Welp then it seems like it's a game to me...

JPL78 said:
fallen said:

If I reply to this I will be banned.

Do it!

Edit: But don't actually, I will ban you.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

EB1994 said:
fallen said:

What gives you the right to determine whether something is a game or not? Can I play octodad using a controller on my PS4? Welp then it seems like it's a game to me...

don't take him seriously, its obvious he is just insult indie developer psuedo-flame-bait style

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

superchunk said:
JPL78 said:

So you just named 8 exclusives on WiiU PLUS at least 3 on Wii though infered to others PLUS an untold number of VC games you've played all within the 8 months you owned your WiiU and that didn't already make it worth it? Not to mention you're likely missing quite a few other exclusives (zombiu) or other games that are just better on WiiU/Wii (rayman) as well as many others from Wii... but you still claim it wasn't worth it. 

:/

As far as future games go, well yeah Nintendo doesn't spill the beans on all their in work games. But you know they'll come. MK8, SSB, Zelda, X, Hyrule Warriors, Fatal Frame, Bayonetta2... just to name the known. Then you figure in the more obvious unknown like another mario, various mario sports/party, whatever Miyamoto is working on which is almost assured to be good (he has a great track record), whatever Retro is working on... etc.

IDK man. Obviously each person's tastes are different. But based on games you've already mentioned, I think you're just being pessimistic or willfully ignoring what WiiU has now, including Wii/VC, and has coming up. Plus the good indie titles.

Yes, PS4XBO are obviosly kings of the 3rd parties. But WiiU already has a good library that Nintendo will continue to support for at least another couple years. BTW, how many X360's did you buy during those nine years? i.e. how much on hardware did you spend? (since you're comparing $300 and 8mos now)

Look, I give up on this discussion. I have a Wii U, I feel the way I do. If I'm being pessimistic then you are being too optimistic. Zelda, MK8 and X are the only games I'm looking forward to. God knows when we will see X or Zelda.

i had 2 xbox 360's in 9 years, so that's about 600 dollars. I'm pretty sure that is a better deal than 300 for 8 months. Yes I'm going to keep it and play some more games but I've played 20 games on PS4 in 3 months and well over seven hundred on 360 last gen.

I'm judging Wii U because it is a nice console with good potential that will never fulfill that potential. It's a shame but it's the truth. Just like GameCube it won't satisfy my gaming needs for much more than a year and I expect more than that. If that's pessimistic then fine, I'm pessimistic. I'm done having this argument though because you can't tell me what I should think. I appreciate the passion you clearly have about Nintendo but it is obvious we have different expectations out of our Hardware.

GribbleGrunger said:
If X1 fans hadn't continuously pushed the idea that the PS4 had no games, these lists wouldn't exist and articles like this wouldn't have been written. You reap what you sow.

/thread