By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 vs Xbox One Games Chart from November to May Shows a Striking Difference

crissindahouse said:

That's obviously true, still funny how indie games went from "nobody cares" in console forums last gen to "We count them as full games for a comparison" this gen.

At the same time, people who want the "only exclusives should matter" outcome, flat out refuse to cross out titanfall despite it having a pc version.

"no nooo.. it has to be CONSOLE exclusive", unfortunately since the steambox was announced, people have been making their own consoles based off of PC hardware, so however way you paint the picture, it is essentially a steam/origin console.

Just watch, NPD numbers don't mean a thing after this week according to some people, yet the moment an NPD swings in their favor, watch how the meaning behind those numbers skyrockets.

Around the Network
Fusioncode said:
That's impossible, PS4 has no games.

Huh? PS4 has Knack!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

AZWification said:
Fusioncode said:
That's impossible, PS4 has no games.

Huh? PS4 has Knack!

Knack isn't a game. It's a trancendent experience beyond human comprehension. Don't you dare lable it as a mere "game"

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Fusioncode said:
JayWood2010 said:

Now how many of those do you care about........Yeah the list gets immediately shorter after that, we dont talk about that though.....Ports of games on older platforms also dont get talked about......  Meanwhile ouya still has those 700+ games, better rush to get it.  Ouya > XBO/PS4 Confirmed for the 2nd time

It's not all about lists. For people who don't have decent gaming PCs, or simply prefer playing on consoles, the PS4 has a great lineup because of all the indie support. Just because a game was originally on PC doesn't mean it's not worth putting on PS4. 

Youre telling me its not all about lists and disregard the thread in the first place when my statement is basically saying its not about lists.......Lets think about that for a moment.

What do i mean about "How many do you care about?"  If we are being completely honest this thread (List) is only trying to spread some elitism when there really isnt anything to brag about in the first place.  If we want to talk raw numbers you might as well play on an IOS device.  Hell stick with PS360 or get a WiiU that all has much more games than both of these.

And if we are being honest PS4's retail games are incredibly lacking, much more than any other platform on the market.

And if we are being honest, many of the games that are being listed are games that has been out well before the PS4 was even out.  

And if we are being honest most of the games on that list hasnt really turned out all that well.

^^^^ We dont talk about any of this though.  We just try and spread elitism over the internet to random strangers.  We ignore so many things just to try and prove one plastic box is better than the other, and before you say anything you dont see either of my comments saying XBO or PS4's is better than the other.  Im simply saying that more doesnt mean anything when the quality of that list doesnt even really seem average.  Off the top of your head, which one has the most games, Wii, X360, or PS3?  Probably dont know because nobody gives a shit.  Simply because having the most means nothing.  You can release 1 million games, doesnt mean 1 million games are good. As i said, if youre going to boast about "Most" then play IOS or pretty much any other platform than the new gen of consoles.

PS4 has more games, but a lot of the 'extras' are just games I allready (could have) played on the Xbox 360, Wii U or PC. I'd still favor the X1 over the PS4.

Edit: can somebody help me how to get a gif in my signature?

Around the Network
lucidium said:
crissindahouse said:

That's what I don't understand since this gen, why did nobody make such a list last gen and probably even the last years and say "PS3 got 15 games this month but Xbox 360 got 25 indie games alone"

Then it was "Xbox 360 doesn't get any games" because those indie games didn't count but now they count for a full comparison...

A little like how the smallest difference in graphics made the 360 version of games the "obvious choice" and how sales were the end all and be all of deciding which console is best, but now those same points are being downplayed.

As someone indifferent to console platforms, all i see is hypocricy from both sides of the fence.

People will always downplay the negatives and hype up the positives.

I like you. I like you a lot.

So far in 2014 (and in the future up to may by current schedule) ps4 has had 26 games released on it that haven't been released on xbox one.... and xbox has had 2 games on it that haven't released on ps4.... wow....

CommonNinja said:

Yup, Xbox is late to the indy scene, but I expect them to start catching up this summer, also, I know the chart doesn't say it because it isn't officially anounced yet, but Super Time Force is suposed to come to Xbox One around May-June according to Cappy.

I think the reason a lot of people online say that "ps4 has no games" is because it doesn't have as many big games as the Xbox One right now.  When most gamers think about games, they think about the big AAA titles rather than the smaller indy titles.

While I think indy games are great for filling the gap between bigger releases, Sony still needs to get on the ball and start anouncing some of thier big fall titles if they have any.  So far all we know about is the order wich is likely comming aroud september-october.

X1:  AAA exclusives (6)

DR3

Forza 5

Ryse

Killer Instinct

PvZ: Garden Warfare

Titanfall

PS4 AAA exclusives (4)

Killzone

Knack

Infamous Second Son

MLB The Show (comming soon)

It isn't really a huge difference, but a Driveclub release date would be nice to get from Sony, because other than that and The Order we don't know of any other exclusives planned for this year.  My gut feeling is that they have one more that they are waiting to anounce at E3 (from Sony Bend).  Lets hope I'm Right.

Wait so plants vs zombies counts as AAA but resogun doesnt?

Please explain that one to me....

Also Ryse and Knack got reviewed badly. Simply put they are ba games...a lot of the indie games on PS4 are really good games.

My thing is this dont bother making the distinction between whats indie and whats not. Make the distinction between good and bad games.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

d21lewis said:
lucidium said:
crissindahouse said:

That's what I don't understand since this gen, why did nobody make such a list last gen and probably even the last years and say "PS3 got 15 games this month but Xbox 360 got 25 indie games alone"

Then it was "Xbox 360 doesn't get any games" because those indie games didn't count but now they count for a full comparison...

A little like how the smallest difference in graphics made the 360 version of games the "obvious choice" and how sales were the end all and be all of deciding which console is best, but now those same points are being downplayed.

As someone indifferent to console platforms, all i see is hypocricy from both sides of the fence.

People will always downplay the negatives and hype up the positives.

I like you. I like you a lot.

coincidentally, i like you too, because you buy consoles and play games and dont give a shit.

JayWood2010 said:
Fusioncode said:
JayWood2010 said:

Now how many of those do you care about........Yeah the list gets immediately shorter after that, we dont talk about that though.....Ports of games on older platforms also dont get talked about......  Meanwhile ouya still has those 700+ games, better rush to get it.  Ouya > XBO/PS4 Confirmed for the 2nd time

It's not all about lists. For people who don't have decent gaming PCs, or simply prefer playing on consoles, the PS4 has a great lineup because of all the indie support. Just because a game was originally on PC doesn't mean it's not worth putting on PS4. 

Youre telling me its not all about lists and disregard the thread in the first place when my statement is basically saying its not about lists.......Lets think about that for a moment.

What do i mean about "How many do you care about?"  If we are being completely honest this thread (List) is only trying to spread some elitism when there really isnt anything to brag about in the first place.  If we want to talk raw numbers you might as well play on an IOS device.  Hell stick with PS360 or get a WiiU that all has much more games than both of these.

And if we are being honest PS4's retail games are incredibly lacking, much more than any other platform on the market.

And if we are being honest, many of the games that are being listed are games that has been out well before the PS4 was even out.  

And if we are being honest most of the games on that list hasnt really turned out all that well.

^^^^ We dont talk about any of this though.  We just try and spread elitism over the internet to random strangers.  We ignore so many things just to try and prove one plastic box is better than the other, and before you say anything you dont see either of my comments saying XBO or PS4's is better than the other.  Im simply saying that more doesnt mean anything when the quality of that list doesnt even really seem average.  Off the top of your head, which one has the most games, Wii, X360, or PS3?  Probably dont know because nobody gives a shit.  Simply because having the most means nothing.  You can release 1 million games, doesnt mean 1 million games are good. As i said, if youre going to boast about "Most" then play IOS or pretty much any other platform than the new gen of consoles.

We dont talk about any of that because it simply isnt true.

Seeing this post from you is dissapointing Jay. You often talk about how bias, ignorant and aggressive the Sony fans are on the forums and then you go and post an agenda driven, false, bias, mess of a post.

"PS4 retails games are incredibly lacking MUCH MORE than any other platform" This is simply a false statement to make and you have zero evidence to back up this claim. Zero. In terms of retail offering the XB1 and PS4 offering is practically equal considering that the biggest multiplats are on both. Yes the XB1 exlcusive retail offering is definiitely stronger, but to say the PS4 is *incredibly lacking* and *much more* than other platforms is a total lie.

"many of the games that are being listed are games that has been out well before the PS4 was even out" Not only is this false but also irrelevant to PS4 and in part console owners. Many of the games have not had a console release like Warthunder, Warframe and Blacklight Retirbution etc. And there are *many* games that are new releases. Have a look especially at March, April and May theres a fair amount of new games on there.

"most of the games on that list hasnt really turned out all that well" first off id love to see how you have determined which game has turned out well and which hasnt. What metric did you use? What data do you have to back this up? Did you actually look at "most of the games on the list" or did you simply say this randomly. Every free game that PSN owners get all have to have a certain metacritic. And we've only gotten indie games besides resogun. All the ports are well establised games. Even the free to play games mentioned above have a dedicated following. This again is another completely false statement.

Do people upset you this much that you needed to make this post in retaliation or something? This list might have been initially posted to show the superiority of the PS4...but that doesnt make it any less relevant or true. As a PS4 owner myself, I would probably give the edge to XB1 for the beginning months Dec, Jan, Feb. Perhaps i wouldnt have platinumed resogun if I had access to forza, dead rising, ryse etc. But looking at March, April, May...its looking really good for a PS4 owner and fairly dry for XB1 owners. And im thinking the following months of June and probably July will look similar. This is quite an achievement on Sony's bahalf and we need to give credit where credit is due. We also need to be critical of bad decisions that have directly impacted the games XB1 owners have access to, decisions that MS made about a year ago.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|