By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Super Mario vs. Sonic The Hedgehog

Which series is better?

Blue Blur 35 18.82%

Portly Plumber 142 76.34%

Results 9 4.84%

Total:186

Mario is the Call of Duty in platforming & various forms, and Sonic has now dwindled down to an EA's annual games.

Damn if you are, damn if you are not...

Around the Network

Mario, no contest. That dirty moustache of his makes me horny.

Heh, Mario easily.

His games are actually fun. Okay, that's probably a bit blunt. Especially since I haven't played most of Sonic's 3D games. I found the 2D Sonics to be 'okay'. Everyone of Mario's games though, are good and even the ones that aren't for Mario standards (Sunshine, New ... ) are better than anything from Sonic I've played.

Sonic, for the Adventure games alone.

Mario Galaxy was damn good though.

Nintentacle said:
Shaunaka said:
Nintentacle said:
All my opinions:
Sonic's first trilogy is better
Sonic's first 3D game is better
Galaxy = Sonic Unleashed
Galaxy 2 is better than Colors
3D World is better than Lost World
Mario has way better spinoff games

Winner: Mario. Although Sonic's design (Even the Sonic Boom one) is a lot better than Mario's.

You are insane.

I just didn't like Mario 64's open-world setting. I don't see how anyone can actually enjoy running around looking for levels and secrets.

I have nothing against Galaxy, I just liked Sonic Unleashed's daytime levels and the soundtrack as much as Galaxy.

Exploration? Pfft.. Who the hell needs that!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network
AZWification said:
Nintentacle said:

I just didn't like Mario 64's open-world setting. I don't see how anyone can actually enjoy running around looking for levels and secrets.

I have nothing against Galaxy, I just liked Sonic Unleashed's daytime levels and the soundtrack as much as Galaxy.

With a few exceptions, I find exploration rather boring; it feels like padding.

Mario 64 is the best plataformer game ive played.
no competition.

curl-6 said:

Eh. I like exploring, finding secrets and such! Each to his own opinion I guess.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

curl-6 said:
AZWification said:

It can feel like padding and be boring, but not if the games designed right. I was actually really interested in seeing what from the two Gods (Mechonis and Bionis) I could make out in Xenoblade. I loved every second of the 100+ hours I spent on it. But as you said, with few exceptions. (Another is Wind Waker HD being that islands would be shaped like different objects, or you would have to have certain items to open areas of the islands. Beat that game WITHOUT the swift sail or quick sail, whatever it's called and had an absolute blast!)

Mario, no contest.