By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Super Mario vs. Sonic The Hedgehog

Which series is better?

Blue Blur 35 18.82%

Portly Plumber 142 76.34%

Results 9 4.84%

Total:186

Sonic. I always enjoyed Sonic games much more because of the fast gameplay and level design. Despite that, Sonic is a punk hedgehog, Mario is just a fat plumber.

Around the Network
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

Mario Wins, Sonic basically died after the Dreamcast with games ranging from Mediocre (with one or two good ones) to "This is so bad that it makes my shit look good." And Sonic's new Legs sure ain't helping!

One or two good ones? But.. Sonic Heroes, Sonic Colours and Sonic Generations? They.. They aren't good? That's three games ;(

curl-6 said:

Frankly, Sonic's never been great. His early games are overrated; the series has always bounced between "going so fast you have no control" and incredibly clumsy platforming when you do slow down.

His best games are just decent.

Exactly how I see it.

Considering the fact that Super Mario Sunshine, the worst seller and lowest rated main Mario platformer, still sold better and got a higher score than all the Sonics says something. Sonic was great, but after Dreamcast just plummeted to last.

Too bad Dreamcast sales weren't as fast as Sonic

XBOX ONE/Wii U/3DS/PC

RIP Iwata 12/6/1959-7/11/2015

Thanks for all the great memories!

Deffo a Mario victory, however i really enjoyed Sonic lost world, i found it to be the best Sonic game since Sonic Adventure.

Around the Network
Adameh said:
Bristow9091 said:
I want a sequel to Sonic Generations! D:

I want a sequel to Sonic Heroes D:

Sonic Boom???

This is no contest, Mario kills Sonic.

The question is not worth asking really.

Wii U Nintendo Network ID, Borode

XBOX Live ID, Borode

3D Land disowned ? what ?

Mario was superior when Sonic was good, and, unlike Sonic, still comes out with new fantastic games all the time.

curl-6 said:

Frankly, Sonic's never been great. His early games are overrated; the series has always bounced between "going so fast you have no control" and incredibly clumsy platforming when you do slow down.

His best games are just decent.