By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Super Mario vs. Sonic The Hedgehog

Which series is better?

Blue Blur 35 18.82%

Portly Plumber 142 76.34%

Results 9 4.84%

Total:186

It may be better or selling more but the truth is,the Sonic series are way better than before IMO(i mean from Unleashed). All stars racing, generations, colors and even lost world were good games. I doubt they will ever be a Sonic that will outsell a mario but seeing as how they keep making more Sonic titles its clear Sega is satisfied with their sales and fanbase of the franchise. At least they even considered a full redesign for the mascot :P

Around the Network

Sonic was better than Mario until we transitioned to 3D with the Saturn / N64.

Ever since, Mario has had the better games. Well, besides for Sonic A2B being better than SM Sunshine.

I wouldn't call myself passionate about either series, though I find Sonic's setting and characters to be a bit more charming.

Game-wise though...it's really not worth discussion.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Adameh said:
zippy said:
Adameh said:
Bristow9091 said:
I want a sequel to Sonic Generations! D:

I want a sequel to Sonic Heroes D:

Sonic Boom???

I guess you could say Sonic Boom is an indirect sequel

I think It's a prequel to the series.

Shaunaka said:
Nintentacle said:
All my opinions:
Sonic's first trilogy is better
Sonic's first 3D game is better
Galaxy = Sonic Unleashed
Galaxy 2 is better than Colors
3D World is better than Lost World
Mario has way better spinoff games

Winner: Mario. Although Sonic's design (Even the Sonic Boom one) is a lot better than Mario's.

You are insane.

I just didn't like Mario 64's open-world setting. I don't see how anyone can actually enjoy running around looking for levels and secrets.

I have nothing against Galaxy, I just liked Sonic Unleashed's daytime levels and the soundtrack as much as Galaxy.

Around the Network

The Italian, of course.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

curl-6 said:
The worst mainline Mario games are around par with the best Sonic games.

I don't know, man. I rather play Sonic 3 & Knuckles and Sonic Generations than Mario Sunshine and Mario Bros 2 ( both versions)!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

spurgeonryan said:
Are you including the supposedly epic Zelda dlc?^

It's free, along with the Knights Zone and Yarn Yoshi Zone. How many games can you name that has given 3 free maps? It's pretty freaking awesome if you ask me.

Overall, Mario is better, but I prefer the early Sonic games over the early Mario games. Classic Sonic is superior to classic Mario, though the wheels have fallen off in the modern era for the blue blur.

Current gaming platforms - Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, New 3DS, PC

Sonic... I think Mario is overrated...

P.S.: My first console was Mega Drive, I had a Dreamcast and my first Nintendo console was Wii... Maybe nostalgy/not playing the games exactly when released is affecting my choices...

The Bitch is back! And better then ever! #BritneyReturns

SONY Bring them BACK for PS4 and VITA!