By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who here owns a 7th gen console since launch that never broke?

My console broke

at arrival 9 2.03%

within the first year 15 3.39%

after 1 year 14 3.16%

after 2 years 21 4.74%

after 3 years 28 6.32%

after 4 years 16 3.61%

after 5 years 17 3.84%

after 6 years 20 4.51%

NEVER! 235 53.05%

In Soviet Russia console breaks you! 68 15.35%

Total:443

I have a european launch PS3, which still works (I exchanged thermal grease and so on though), but I gave that one to my brother a few years ago and personally am using a model with much less power consumption.

Around the Network

360 broke within a year 5 times, PS3 (knock on wood) hasn't broke.

Got my Wii at midnight on launch day in November 2006 (with Twilight Princess :D). Still works perfectly.

Upcoming Games To Get

Definite: Kirby Star Allies (Switch), Mario Tennis Aces (Switch), Fire Emblem (Switch), Yoshi (Switch), Pokemon (Switch), Kingdom Hearts 3 (PS4), Monster Hunter World (PS4)

Considering: Fe (Switch), Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze (Switch), The World Ends With You (Switch), Ys VIII (Switch), Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition (PS4), Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Remix (PS4), The Last Guardian (PS4), Shadow of the Colossus HD (PS4), Anthem (PS4), Shenmue 3 (PS4), WiLD (PS4)

my cousin owns a launch X360.
It only had RRoD once, but they fixed it and still works.
Pretty amazing huh?

99% of Wii owners

I LOVE ICELAND!

Around the Network

Still have a working launch PS3 and Wii. X360 has broken many times.

My 8th gen collection

My 2005 Xbox 360 is long dead even after many reflows, my Ps3 60 gig laser went after 2 years, but I repair consoles for a living so easily fixed.

Never had a console die on me. But then again, I did sell off my OG PS3/360 and have them replaced with Slim models.

Day 1 60GB PS3 still runs like a champ.
Day 1 20GB 360 the same.
Day 1 Wii in the land fill, about 1 and a half years.
Day 1 PSP died after 6 years.
2006 PC died in 2008.

Never owned a DS.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

launch day Wii still works perfectly, had 2 red rings and I only owned a ps3 at the very end of the generation.

All 3 are up and running now tho, and never had to pay for the 360s repairs cos I got it early and had a proper dodgy system originally which is so refurbished at this stage I think it's innards are made of diamonds just so the repair guys never have to see it again haha.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive