By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who here owns a 7th gen console since launch that never broke?

My console broke

at arrival 9 2.03%

within the first year 15 3.39%

after 1 year 14 3.16%

after 2 years 21 4.74%

after 3 years 28 6.32%

after 4 years 16 3.61%

after 5 years 17 3.84%

after 6 years 20 4.51%

NEVER! 235 53.05%

In Soviet Russia console breaks you! 68 15.35%

Total:443

The graphics card on my ps3 crapped out eventually. Can't remember how long it was exactly though.

Around the Network
vivster said:

Just interested since I'm always hearing of people talking badly about launch versions of consoles.

Launch versions only. Launch window of a few months is ok.

edit: Looks like I really should've excluded the Wii like I initially intended -.-

I have a launch 60GB Fat PS3 that my parents still use for blueray, dvd, and the occasional sing star.  It's gpu has issues with some of the more demanding games, but anything light or well polished (COD, 1st party) works fine.  

Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]

I don't but I would just like to mention I am on a slim ps3 250gb since 4 years, 1 month and 17 days... still going strong.

No surprise, but my original model Wii (purchased Feb 2007) never malfunctioned.

True Story Bro': My Zephyr model XB360, purchased Spring/Summer 2007, NEVER RRoDed or malfunctioned in any way to date. It did see pretty light use though.

ps3 60 gigger still kicking

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Around the Network

Not since launch but since 2010 to be precise, my Slim PS3 never had a fault. Same goes to other consoles and even my PC, never had these kind of problems. Controllers on the other hand..sometimes intentionally ^-^(*)

...Let the Sony Domination continue with the PS4...

I have a launch 360 believe it or not. It stopped working for a while (something with the disc drive), but now it works again for some reason :)

I have sold all my consoles but my xbox 360 broke after 3.5 years (i had bought a extended warranty of one year on top of Microsoft's 3 year for red ring so it covered it).
My PS3 original was sold after 7 years and still worked.
My wii also never has any issues.

I bought them all at launch, only launch console still kicking is the wii...

My Wii still works but it was hardly used. My 360 still works (even though I sold it, I know the owner) and it was used to the point where the thumbsticks were all deformed. Never had an issue. I only bought a PS3 last year, so yeah.