By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who here owns a 7th gen console since launch that never broke?

My console broke

at arrival 9 2.03%

within the first year 15 3.39%

after 1 year 14 3.16%

after 2 years 21 4.74%

after 3 years 28 6.32%

after 4 years 16 3.61%

after 5 years 17 3.84%

after 6 years 20 4.51%

NEVER! 235 53.05%

In Soviet Russia console breaks you! 68 15.35%

Total:443

I got a launch model PlayStation 3 and Wii. My Wii still works after 7 years I've had the system. My PlayStation 3 lasted 5 years, until it broke.

Around the Network

unfortunately, I had to have the disc drive in my launch Wii replaced twice.  Ninty made it right under warrantee the first time and I got a nice discount on the repair years later just for making the service rep laugh.  I had the unit back within a weeks time, and with an additional 1 year warranty on both occassions.  I can't complain because of the quality service they have and the speed of which it was back in my home.  I have to note that it had the shit used out of it, and still does.  My son is a netflix and Mario Kart maniac.

My Ps3 worked fine last time I used it. My Wii is also in tip top shape, and my DS works fine, although one of the hinges broke when it fell down some stairs.

I've owned several of each of the 7th gen systems.  I had one RROD 360 (launch one) and two BD drives go out in my PS3's (one was our launch one).  I never had any problems at all with the Wii's that we had including our launch one.

Stop hating and start playing.

Wii is the only one I bought at launch -- still works fine.

X360 (2008) is fine but I did have to replace the power brick -- my fault for plugging it into an outlet with the wrong voltage.

PS3 (2009) is still fine, too.

Around the Network

My launch Wii still works like a charm, as does my PS3.

The Xbox 360 was my only console that ever broke. But that wasn't a launch console, I waited until 2008 because of the massive failure rates of the earlier models.
It still broke, I think in 2010 or 2011, when some day I borrowed it to my girlfriend. It didn't take even a single day for her to give it a RROD - she must have completely overheated the console by playing for several consecutive hours, something I never did.

My 360 red ringed after 3 years; but my Snes, N64, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advanced, Ps1, Ps2, and xbox all still work to this day.

Define "broke"

I was one of the people that couldn't play Brawl at launch because of an error message and had to send it in. I've had to send it in 2 other times after that, but Nintendo was able to fix it all 3 times and keep the save files.

So it kinda broke, but kinda didn't.

RCTjunkie said:
Define "broke"

I was one of the people that couldn't play Brawl at launch because of an error message and had to send it in. I've had to send it in 2 other times after that, but Nintendo was able to fix it all 3 times and keep the save files.

So it kinda broke, but kinda didn't.

Having to send it in because you can't play games pretty much qualifies as broken.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I bought my Wii and PS3 both a year after their launches. Both work absolutely fine.