By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who here owns a 7th gen console since launch that never broke?

My console broke

at arrival 9 2.03%

within the first year 15 3.39%

after 1 year 14 3.16%

after 2 years 21 4.74%

after 3 years 28 6.32%

after 4 years 16 3.61%

after 5 years 17 3.84%

after 6 years 20 4.51%

NEVER! 235 53.05%

In Soviet Russia console breaks you! 68 15.35%

Total:443

Still have my fat ps3 from 2007. I've never had a problem with it.

Around the Network

Surprisingly my launch 360 is still kicking, though I have to save discs to HDD or go digital unless I want it to start freezing every 30 minutes.

Wii still works perfectly fine, though it would be kind of sad if it didn't since it's basically just a repackaged 6th gen system, and I barely played it in comparison.

Never bought a PS3 at launch and unfortunately still don't have one.

360 had a exception issue... no console ever will had it again... the broke rate of launch consoles is below 10%.

I jumped in this thread just to say my SNES (I don't know if launch) still works because checked 6 months ago... over 20 years... amazing.

My PS2 died in 2007 I guess... and my PS1 seems to work but it didn't read CDs anymore... so useless... I can read my memory cards yet... I need to check my N64 ;).

My Wii still works perfectly, and I got one near launch.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

My launch premium 360 only red ringed once, in 2007.

My Elite (kept for 2 years), 4GB slim (kept for 3 months), 250 GB slim (kept for 1 year) and Halo 4 320GB (still running) slim never broke. 

My PS3's which I brought in 2013 had a disk read error. My replacement also had the disk read error. 

Around the Network

Launch XBox 360 broke when Forza 2 came out, broke again 6 months later, replaced.
Launch PS3 broke just within 3 year extended warrenty, broke again 8 months later, retired.
80GB PS3 (2nd one for home theater) broke after 4 years, replaced with slim for both gaming and movies, still works.
Launch Wii, dvd drive broke after 5 years, replaced with refurbished model, still works.

My Day 1 Wii plays games just fine (which is really just Smash now a days).

Only problem it ever had was dual layered discs (noted for early Wii models) and had to get a drive cleaner.

Worked fine ever since.

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

My Wii works almost as new, got it after a month or so. The only thing that isn't perfect is that it makes much louder noise when playing dual-layer games (Brawl, Prime Trilogy, Other M) than what it did five years ago.

Edit: My PS3 from 2008 also works perfectly fine, but I've had issues with corrupted file system or whatever. Nothing that had to be repaired though, only clicking through some messages, and it deleted all my previous PSN messages (not really important though).

Yep.

My PS3 never broke. My 360 broke, two of my PSPs didn't break but they wouldn't read UMDs, my DS still worked but it technically broke when my cat knocked it off the shelfand broke the hinges so that only wiring held the top and bottom parts together.

Uabit said:
I own an Xbox 360 arcade model, the one that came with only 256mb memory storage. And still works :p

You should probably play the lottery.

As for me, my ps3 phat 60gb (jp model) died 5 years in, my 360 2 years in, and my wii still works though i suspect because i barely ever play on it.