By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who here owns a 7th gen console since launch that never broke?

My console broke

at arrival 9 2.03%

within the first year 15 3.39%

after 1 year 14 3.16%

after 2 years 21 4.74%

after 3 years 28 6.32%

after 4 years 16 3.61%

after 5 years 17 3.84%

after 6 years 20 4.51%

NEVER! 235 53.05%

In Soviet Russia console breaks you! 68 15.35%

Total:443

Just interested since I'm always hearing of people talking badly about launch versions of consoles.

Launch versions only. Launch window of a few months is ok.

edit: Looks like I really should've excluded the Wii like I initially intended -.-

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

My PS3 and Wii never broke. I had an Xbox 360 which had Red light of death a few times, but I just unplugged the console, and then plugged it back in, and it started working again so...yeah.

PSn - greencactaur
Nintendo Switch FC - SW - 5152 - 6393 - 5140 Please feel free to add me :)

My launch window PS3 still works.

It's the 60GB version. Technically though, it did break and had the YLoD last year or so. Thankfully I was able to fixed it .

My Wii and DS also never broke to no surprise, though the latter is a DSlite that wasn't bought at launch so I guess that doesn't count.

I own an Xbox 360 arcade model, the one that came with only 256mb memory storage. And still works :p

My Wii has never broke.

I got my PS3 at launch and it lasted until the Last of Us and Dead Space 3 made it overheat last year, although the PS3 was probably used at least three times as much as my Wii so i was ok with how much I got out of it.

Around the Network

My xbox360 died after 2.5 years. My PS3 died after 4 years.

celador said:
My Wii has never broke.

I got my PS3 at launch and it lasted until the Last of Us and Dead Space 3 made it overheat last year, although the PS3 was probably used at least three times as much as my Wii so i was ok with how much I got out of it.

In my first version of this thread I was gonna exclude the Wii because it never breaks. But then I took the boring high road of equality....

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

my wii never broke

My Wii still works perfectly fine even after all those years! Maybe I didn't beat it enough..

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

AZWification said:

My Wii still works perfectly fine even after all those years! Maybe I didn't beat it enough..

Obviously. They even gave you the tools to do it.