By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will PS4 x X1 graphical difference dissapear?

People let's keep it civil. The idea wasn't to downplay the X1 Just a dev saying that there is no difference (and that before there was, but before he was mute so I question his credibility in the matter).

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

The only time they will ever be equal is when PS4 is 33% underutilized or when that that extra 33% is used for "bonus effects" that don't matter.

Doesn't matter though. I wouldn't care if the situation was reversed.  I prefer games other than Call of Duty, Gears of War, Halo, and Madden over and over again.

I was burned last gen when Sony bombed the PS3 launch with all their under delivered hype and arrogance and got a 360 like everyone else... then... uhm... shooters and sports games?  Guys where are the RPGs I have enjoyed since SNES?

Things are looking up this gen.

i say who cares go to your corner and enjoy whatever you own. having the best console doesnt make your life any better. if you think it does ill pray for you

celador said:
Not this again :(

I thought people were only talking about this in Jan and Feb because there was sweet fuck all to play. There's games out now and the gap isn't big enough to matter that much.

After playing ground zeros on Xbone I can say the gap is still pretty fricken huge. 

"These are the highest quality pixels that anybody has seen"

But I do not understand. Direct X 12 will work on Xbox One, right? Will it work on PS4? How efficient is DX12 when it comes to resources optimization? People say one thing on one thread, then something else on another. Why can't we reach a consensus? Like, a official facts thread or something?

Properly speaking, the power gap will never decrease. Xbox One's hardware is what it is and so is PS4's, but with serious softwares updates and resources optimization the final result (Which is the actual thing that matters) CAN be the same or at least have little to no difference, or am I wrong? Please correct me if so.

Around the Network

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Legendary_W said:
But I do not understand. Direct X 12 will work on Xbox One, right? Will it work on PS4? How efficient is DX12 when it comes to resources optimization? People say one thing on one thread, then something else on another. Why can't we reach a consensus? Like, a official facts thread or something?

Properly speaking, the power gap will never decrease. Xbox One's hardware is what it is and so is PS4's, but with serious softwares updates and resources optimization the final result (Which is the actual thing that matters) CAN be the same or at least have little to no difference, or am I wrong? Please correct me if so.

What you said it correct, but there is more to it. Currently the difference between the PS4 and X1 really doesn't matter too much, since neither are close to being fully optimized (The PS4's extra power makes it easier to pull more out, but thus far the amounts pulled out have been no larger than what the X1 can do). The problem the X1 will have is it's lower specs mean it essentially has less potential for improvement. This is a simple way of understanding it (not to scale, durp).

As long as the PS4 is still optimized below the X1's full potential, the X1 is perfectly capable of keeping up as long as MS put the work in. In the long run though Sony would have to be pretty damn lazy for the PS4 not to end up ahead :P

Did the graphical diff stop you from enjoying any ps2 games during that generation? I don't think so either. So this really is a non issue. Yes there is a diff but in the end both systems are gonna have great exclusives. So buy both and get your multiplats on ps4 .Happy gaming

tres said:
i say who cares go to your corner and enjoy whatever you own. having the best console doesnt make your life any better. if you think it does ill pray for you

If no one cared we wouldn't get continuous news and threads about how much the gap is closing or how it won't.

There is a lot of people needing prays, you could even open a religion.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

2008ProchargedGT said:

Did the graphical diff stop you from enjoying any ps2 games during that generation? I don't think so either. So this really is a non issue. Yes there is a diff but in the end both systems are gonna have great exclusives. So buy both and get your multiplats on ps4 .Happy gaming

Pretty much.  I din't own an Xbox during the 6th gen but the general consensus was that multi-plats always looked better on that console.  When I got Bloodrayne 2 for the Xbox (Played on 360), the "noticeable difference" wasn't really that noticeable at all compared to my PS2 experience.  And while there were Xbox games that had to be redesigned to even run on the PS2 (Splinter Cell series, for example, had to have smaller environments/levels), there were also times where PS2 games stood up very well to the more powerful Xbox (Like God of War).  One is clearly more powerful but, as you said, both will have their moments of greatness.