By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will PS4 x X1 graphical difference dissapear?

The developer cleared up this by saying the difference will remain.

Around the Network

if all of the ps4 v xb1 threads on graphical disparity, power gap, resogate, etc where all merged together, it would probably be as long as the "nation" threads.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

bubblegamer said:
The developer cleared up this by saying the difference will remain.

Just because he noticed everybody were readinG it in a way he never intended.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
if all of the ps4 v xb1 threads on graphical disparity, power gap, resogate, etc where all merged together, it would probably be as long as the "nation" threads.

Ninty and perhaps ms. Sony is too monstruous. It have a dominance close to ps2 against other nations. Won't even address pc because even npd individual threads have a shot at overtaking it.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

d21lewis said:
2008ProchargedGT said:

Did the graphical diff stop you from enjoying any ps2 games during that generation? I don't think so either. So this really is a non issue. Yes there is a diff but in the end both systems are gonna have great exclusives. So buy both and get your multiplats on ps4 .Happy gaming

Pretty much.  I din't own an Xbox during the 6th gen but the general consensus was that multi-plats always looked better on that console.  When I got Bloodrayne 2 for the Xbox (Played on 360), the "noticeable difference" wasn't really that noticeable at all compared to my PS2 experience.  And while there were Xbox games that had to be redesigned to even run on the PS2 (Splinter Cell series, for example, had to have smaller environments/levels), there were also times where PS2 games stood up very well to the more powerful Xbox (Like God of War).  One is clearly more powerful but, as you said, both will have their moments of greatness.

I had both xbox and ps2 and both had great games. Multiformat games were almost always better on xbox. The point I would make though is the xbox achieved games that would simply be impossible on ps2 to any acceptable standard. Games like Doom and Half Life 2 would not be possible with the lower memory, weak cpu and lack of hard drive. The xbox was an amazing console for its generation and enabled access to games that no other console of its generation could provide. 

Even the wii isn't capable of what the xbox achieved in many instances. 

So I understand for many games you can see ps2 and xbox as similar but for other games the ps2 was not even capable of running the same games as xbox. It's like return to castle wolfenstein on the ps2 and xbox. Xbox engine was up and running in 2 weeks but it took something like 9 months to get running on ps2. Still weaker on ps2 too and not even that ambitious a fps game compared to something like half life 2 which has a huge open world in places constantly loading in new data from hard drive.

Around the Network
bonzobanana said:
d21lewis said:
2008ProchargedGT said:

Did the graphical diff stop you from enjoying any ps2 games during that generation? I don't think so either. So this really is a non issue. Yes there is a diff but in the end both systems are gonna have great exclusives. So buy both and get your multiplats on ps4 .Happy gaming

Pretty much.  I din't own an Xbox during the 6th gen but the general consensus was that multi-plats always looked better on that console.  When I got Bloodrayne 2 for the Xbox (Played on 360), the "noticeable difference" wasn't really that noticeable at all compared to my PS2 experience.  And while there were Xbox games that had to be redesigned to even run on the PS2 (Splinter Cell series, for example, had to have smaller environments/levels), there were also times where PS2 games stood up very well to the more powerful Xbox (Like God of War).  One is clearly more powerful but, as you said, both will have their moments of greatness.

I had both xbox and ps2 and both had great games. Multiformat games were almost always better on xbox. The point I would make though is the xbox achieved games that would simply be impossible on ps2 to any acceptable standard. Games like Doom and Half Life 2 would not be possible with the lower memory, weak cpu and lack of hard drive. The xbox was an amazing console for its generation and enabled access to games that no other console of its generation could provide. 

Even the wii isn't capable of what the xbox achieved in many instances. 

So I understand for many games you can see ps2 and xbox as similar but for other games the ps2 was not even capable of running the same games as xbox. It's like return to castle wolfenstein on the ps2 and xbox. Xbox engine was up and running in 2 weeks but it took something like 9 months to get running on ps2. Still weaker on ps2 too and not even that ambitious a fps game compared to something like half life 2 which has a huge open world in places constantly loading in new data from hard drive.

Swing and a miss lol. My point is that tho the Xbox was more powerful and had better multiplats even like you said some games that couldn't run on PS2 . Did it stop you from enjoying Gran Turismo, God of War, Shadow of Collasus, GTA, Metal Gear Solid, Jax and Daxter.ect. both consoles will offer great experiences so who cares if console A has % 50 more Powha or da Cloudz or Secret sauce or da CELL or Gddr5z? The WiiU had 1/4 the power maybe less but guess what bet your ass ima B powersliding off the roof in MK8

2008ProchargedGT said:

Swing and a miss lol. My point is that tho the Xbox was more powerful and had better multiplats even like you said some games that couldn't run on PS2 . Did it stop you from enjoying Gran Turismo, God of War, Shadow of Collasus, GTA, Metal Gear Solid, Jax and Daxter.ect. both consoles will offer great experiences so who cares if console A has % 50 more Powha or da Cloudz or Secret sauce or da CELL or Gddr5z? The WiiU had 1/4 the power maybe less but guess what bet your ass ima B powersliding off the roof in MK8

No, I still enjoy all those games and I still enjoy games from older consoles again like N64, super nintendo, megadrive, saturn etc.

The point I would make is limited performance hardware limits the full range of gaming experiences that can be offered.

Clearly with regard the xbox one and ps4 they are close in performance terms and there is no reason why both can't offer identical games in gameplay terms even if the ps4 can show the same games  with superior graphics or make them more playable with superior frame rates.

I personally think console performance is important and a big factor especially when buying a console at a point early in its life and then reliant on what games come later.  If you buy a wii u you know you are reliant on Nintendo producing games on a fairly humble console. If you buy a xbox one you understand multi-platform games will be weaker than ps4 and realistically you are buying it for exclusive games too.

The Point is, we don't know why Ms PR insist on saying they have the same power (or close to) instead of just saying X1 will have great games (which we can't dispute, it will) and loving the games will a matter of taste not pixels. But while PR stay lying there will be people atacking it.

DonFerrari said:
The Point is, we don't know why Ms PR insist on saying they have the same power (or close to) instead of just saying X1 will have great games (which we can't dispute, it will) and loving the games will a matter of taste not pixels. But while PR stay lying there will be people atacking it.

M$ didn't say it this time, though.

d21lewis said:
DonFerrari said:

M$ didn't say it this time, though.

They are everywhere, put your tinfoil hat.