By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will PS4 x X1 graphical difference dissapear?

TheJimbo1234 said:
Krill said:
If what we've seen of Quantum Break is representative of actual gameplay and there are no downgrades before launch, then graphically XBox is definitely not inferior to PS4. MS are hyping up what they are going to show at E3. I think people should reserve judgement until then, if graphics matter that much.

Fun is more important to me, which is why I couldn't be happier with Titanfall.

Keep lying to yourself, because that will change reality...oh wait =p

The xbone has just over a teraflop of power from a rather naff gpu. The ps4 is almost at 2 teraflops with some extras to push that even further eg. gargantic bandwidth and aux procs. This will make a large difference eg. 720 or 1080p gaming.

Sorry, didn't realise the resident hardware expert, to whom both Microsoft and Sony gave full disclosure of their customised hardware, was posting here.  

What's that?, You don't know any more info than the next person but just bleet like a stereotypical fanboy? Let's talk again after E3.

Like how you round up and down with the teraflops to suit your point of view.

Moderated - Kresnik.

Around the Network

Probably. The difference to a human eye(thats the key, the human eye) was already very small to begin with and I own both consoles. My XB1 gets way more playtime than the PS4 for now.

Krill said:
TheJimbo1234 said:
Krill said:
If what we've seen of Quantum Break is representative of actual gameplay and there are no downgrades before launch, then graphically XBox is definitely not inferior to PS4. MS are hyping up what they are going to show at E3. I think people should reserve judgement until then, if graphics matter that much.

Fun is more important to me, which is why I couldn't be happier with Titanfall.

Keep lying to yourself, because that will change reality...oh wait =p

The xbone has just over a teraflop of power from a rather naff gpu. The ps4 is almost at 2 teraflops with some extras to push that even further eg. gargantic bandwidth and aux procs. This will make a large difference eg. 720 or 1080p gaming.

Sorry, didn't realise the resident hardware expert, to whom both Microsoft and Sony gave full disclosure of their customised hardware, was posting here.  

What's that?, You don't know any more info than the next person but just bleet like a stereotypical fanboy? Let's talk again after E3.

Like how you round up and down with the teraflops to suit your point of view.

Moderated - Kresnik.

The kit inside them is common knowledge.......just grab a screw driver and go for it. Or bet yet - youtube.

Actually I have a degree in electronics. How about yourself?

I think short term the gap will close slightly as it does look like x1 shipped with awful graphics API which has been much improved, long term the gap will get wider as more devs take advantage of the PS4's spare graphics cores for GPGPU.

dandd said:
I own infamous and on my 60" plasma it is a great looking game, but it isn't amazing. There are some great lighting effects, but it can't keep a steady framerate. Take a ride on the monorail, infamous1 & 2 had a steadier framerate than second son. I think it would have been better if Sucker Punch just locked the framerate at 30 and left it alone.

Honestly the only game to "wow" me so far has been Ryse. We all know the framerate is slow, but at least its pretty steady 99% of the time and certain scenes on that game are incredible. Killzone is also a game that looks amazing in parts and keeps a steady framerate.

Only time will truly tell if we have a noticeable persistent gap in games in the future. Launch games never are a good indication of a system's true potential.

I consider infamous a launch title... Visually not many things on ps4 except NBA 2k14(which is 1080p and 60fps.. And looks miles ahead of any sports game last gen) look a gen ahead of last gen.. Kz almost 

mM
Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:
I think the X1 will eventually be able to run ALL games based on last gen tech in 1080p/60fps.

It probably could from day one but that may not be the best balance of graphic quality and performance. People may want enhanced visuals, better textures, more detailed polygons, improved lighting,  improved visual effects etc.

If you rendered a normal 720p 30fps 360 game at 1080p 60fps with no other enhancements it would be a bit rubbish looking close to the original with a better response as you play.

Would you accept a ps2 game on  ps3 that is exactly the same except 720p and 60fps? Most would be disappointed they would expect other improvements.

We have already seen Forza do the 1080p 60fps thing on xbox one on release plus it made a few visual improvements but it still looked last gen in many ways and was a downgrade from the game shown at E3 which had more detailed graphics.

bonzobanana said:
GribbleGrunger said:
I think the X1 will eventually be able to run ALL games based on last gen tech in 1080p/60fps.

It probably could from day one but that may not be the best balance of graphic quality and performance. People may want enhanced visuals, better textures, more detailed polygons, improved lighting,  improved visual effects etc.

If you rendered a normal 720p 30fps 360 game at 1080p 60fps with no other enhancements it would be a bit rubbish looking close to the original with a better response as you play.

Would you accept a ps2 game on  ps3 that is exactly the same except 720p and 60fps? Most would be disappointed they would expect other improvements.

We have already seen Forza do the 1080p 60fps thing on xbox one on release plus it made a few visual improvements but it still looked last gen in many ways and was a downgrade from the game shown at E3 which had more detailed graphics.

Yes, that's what I'm alluding to. When it comes to true next gen game with true next gen tech, the X1 will still be behind. You can change software via updates but you can't change hardware in the same way.

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
bonzobanana said:
GribbleGrunger said:

Yes, that's what I'm alluding to. When it comes to true next gen game with true next gen tech, the X1 will still be behind. You can change software via updates but you can't change hardware in the same way.

You can download RAM, your argument is invalid. Downloading more VRAM is just to expensive and US bandwith infrastructure isn't good enough.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Zero999 said:

What graphical difference?

Denial is the first problem!

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

You can download RAM, your argument is invalid. Downloading more VRAM is just to expensive and US bandwith infrastructure isn't good enough.

When you have dedicated cloud servers, anything is possible.

The PS5 Exists.