By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will PS4 x X1 graphical difference dissapear?

Vasto said:
DonFerrari said:
d21lewis said:
I know the PS4 is more powerful and everything but some people seem genuinely angry at  suggestion that the Xbox One could be closer in power at some point. I mean, enjoy the PS4 if that's your thing. Let the Xbox fans be optimistic. It's not hurting anybody.

It's impossible for the power gap to diminish since it's HW, now the output could be closer with time we can't be 100% sure.

Don't much ps fans angry, just tired of secret sauce and missleading pr.

@Vasto: you seriously don't see any difference since the beggining? Are you a disabled game? With all due respect I can't seriously take someone with 20/20 sight saying there is 0 diff.

Are you not listening to the people in this thread that own both systems and keep saying that they dont see a difference and that Ryse is the most immpressive game that they have seen? I am a PC gamer that have seen real graphical differences between hardware. There is no graphical difference between PS4 and Xbox One.  I know that some games on PS4 run at a higher rez but like I said even those games look nearly identical.

Just because you "claim" to own both systems doesn't mean your either unbiased or credible. So why would I listen to anyone in this thread who is ignoring the facts. Why should I believe anyone's opinion of Ryse till I've seen it myself. All I know is that is technically inferior to the PS4's offerings and its made by Crytek. 

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Vasto said:
DonFerrari said:
d21lewis said:
I know the PS4 is more powerful and everything but some people seem genuinely angry at  suggestion that the Xbox One could be closer in power at some point. I mean, enjoy the PS4 if that's your thing. Let the Xbox fans be optimistic. It's not hurting anybody.

It's impossible for the power gap to diminish since it's HW, now the output could be closer with time we can't be 100% sure.

@Vasto: you seriously don't see any difference since the beggining? Are you a disabled game? With all due respect I can't seriously take someone with 20/20 sight saying there is 0 diff.

Are you not listening to the people in this thread that own both systems and keep saying that they dont see a difference and that Ryse is the most immpressive game that they have seen? I am a PC gamer that have seen real graphical differences between hardware. There is no graphical difference between PS4 and Xbox One.  I know that some games on PS4 run at a higher rez but like I said even those games look nearly identical.

Just because you "claim" to own both systems doesn't mean your either unbiased or credible. So why would I listen to anyone in this thread who is ignoring the facts. Why should I believe anyone's opinion of Ryse till I've seen it myself. All I know is that is technically inferior to the PS4's offerings and its made by Crytek. 

All I know is that it is graphically superior to the PS4's offerings and its made my Crytek. Thats all that matters.

Vasto said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Vasto said:
DonFerrari said:
d21lewis said:

All I know is that it is graphically superior to the PS4's offerings and its made my Crytek. Thats all that matters.

In your subjective opinion, which is worthless to me. You can't argue that it looks better than Infamous or even 3D land, because its impossible for you to prove subjectivity. But Objectively it has lower frame rate and resolution then both of those games, so opinion does not matter. Technical specs are indisputable, as an alleged pc gamer this much should be obvious to you.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Vasto said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Vasto said:
DonFerrari said:
d21lewis said:

In your subjective opinion, which is worthless to me. You can't argue that it looks better than Infamous or even 3D land, because its impossible for you to prove subjectivity. But Objectively it has lower frame rate and resolution then both of those games, so opinion does not matter. Technical specs are indisputable, as an alleged pc gamer this much should be obvious to you.

Nobody cares about what you think or belive. If you want to belive that the world is flat then go for it, I will not try to stop you.

T

Moderated,

-Mr Khan

d21lewis said:
I know the PS4 is more powerful and everything but some people seem genuinely angry at the suggestion that the Xbox One could be closer in power at some point. I mean, enjoy the PS4 if that's your thing. Let the Xbox fans be optimistic. It's not hurting anybody.

Because the suggestion is , to be frank, stupid. The hardware is set. There is nothing will change that. The similarity of the hardware makes things worse for the XB1. In past generations each console had a unique architecture with it's own strengths and weakeness. This gave developers multiple ways to achieve the same end result. In this generation that isn't case. The XB1 powered by an inferior version of the PS4's APU and is saddled with slower memory. Nothing will change that. People just need to accept this and move on already. It's software that ultimately matters anyway.

Around the Network
Vasto said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

Nobody cares about what you think or belive. If you want to belive that the world is flat then go for it, I will not try to stop you.

T

Well then its a good thing I never stated what I personally think or believe then. Regardless, facts are facts and just because you post it on an internet forum it does not mean that it will magically change.  Perhaps if I was buying you a present or something it would be relevant that you like Ryse over Infamous. Irronically, Ryse would look better if it was on PS4 or PC exclusively but I doubt you would want it any more, since it would look worse at 1080p just like 

Vasto said: the world is flat

Also, you should take care to follow your own advice.

kowenicki said:
bananaking21 said:
it wont, ever. people need to deal with it.

It would help if people didnt keep asking the question.  

I'm with you on this. These conversation topics got old a while ago. The PS4 is more capable. Big deal.

Now, can we concentrate on the quality of the games, instead of which console has the bigger peen? -__-

I was just reading this article showing the complete failure of the xbox one to pull off Titanfall to a decent standard;

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-titanfall-next-gen-face-off

Then you read about how they've purposely messed up the PC version with a stupid uncompressed audio install. Microsoft have probably got the developers messing up the 360 version too so it doesn't compare well with the xbox one version (hence the delay).

Looking at metacritic the commercial reviews are completely out of sync with the user reviews;

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-one/titanfall

The viewpoint that the xbox one is powerful hardware comparable to ps4 is not realistic. The gpu, eSRAM bottleneck and slow external memory is clearly causing big issues.

Microsoft could have easily put a small pool of GDDR5 memory in the xbone one like 256MB and restored the APU performance to a comparable level to PS4. It's a cheap compromised design.

Titanfall would have been a much better game on ps4. Possibly 900p without the horrific frame rate drops or screen tearing.

Not even 3rd party this gen. It will be like last gen. In some ways. Everytime a360 game looked better than a PS3 game the next PS3 game would blow that one out the water. And PS3 had the last laugh in sales and graphics lol.

MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Not even 3rd party this gen. It will be like last gen. In some ways. Everytime a360 game looked better than a PS3 game the next PS3 game would blow that one out the water. And PS3 had the last laugh in sales and graphics lol.

You mean that everytime a 3rd party release a great game that is better on Ps4 sony 1st party will release an even better one? Make sense.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."