By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will PS4 x X1 graphical difference dissapear?

According to Oddworld Creator yes.

http://n4g.com/news/clickout/1482976

Not sure if the hoster edited the quotes or context. But what I believe is that he is saying that regarding indies won't see a gap (he even mention their game being a lot lighter than Bf4) but regarding big budget AAA I beg to disagree.

Funny that now that Dx12 is announced and new sdk was released he says that a lot of devs complained about X1 lack of power but at the time this kind of comment were always anonymous, while public speech was that both consoles were almost equal.

Seems like this is just the same, publicaly devs will say consoles are about equal but in 6 months they will say there was a difference but now it will be solved ad infinitum.

So do you think the gap will dissapear or it was a comment related to his entrance to ID@Xbox?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

it wont, ever. people need to deal with it.

Oh yeah it did since launch not much of a difference deal with it

There will always be a gap in what they are actually capable. weather or not developers choose to use part of that gap in games remains a question on answered by time

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

It will, with this : http://beta.gaminggenerations.com/images/expansion_pack_n64_4mb.jpg

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Around the Network
y2jarmyofficial said:

Im sorry but Infamous Second Son kinda disagrees with that statement. But imo it doesnt really matter, games will look great on both consoles even tough they will most likelly look better on PS4, and what matters is wich one will have the most fun games, specially since everything will look miles better on PC.

y2jarmyofficial said:

Keep telling that to yourself.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Not this again :(

I thought people were only talking about this in Jan and Feb because there was sweet fuck all to play. There's games out now and the gap isn't big enough to matter that much.

Well the max mass market display will be 1080p for the forseeble future. So when 1080p/60fps becomes easily achieveable on either system then the gap will virtually disappear.

There isn't really a huge gap right now. I own a PS4 and X1 and both systems have good looking games. Some look better than others but on most games you really have to knitpick little details.

Ryse is probably the best looking game for the X1 so far and while the framerate could be faster, it is one fine looking games. Killzone is also a great looking game. Infamous has great lighting effects, but the framerate can get a bit "jerky" especially when riding the monorail.

If two PCs were playing the same game and one had better specs but both could max out a game on your 1080 monitor, is there really any difference? One PC has weaker specs but it just comes down to the game.

Each system will have exclusives that will push the bar. 99% of the other games will look almost identical.