By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rocksteady on Batman Arkham Knight - 'Wii U could not meet gameplay objectives'

I don't know what's more disappointing: the fact that Arkham Knight is using Unreal Engine 3 again, or the fact that Wii U apparently can't handle top-level UE3 games like mainly claimed it could (I am not one of them).

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Around the Network

Well they already said it wasn't going to be on Wii U, so I'm not surprised, but if the Batmobile is the SOLE reason why it isn't on Wii U, then the Batmobile better be FUCKING AMAZING. If the Batmobile doesn't blow my fucking mind, I'm going to be very disappointed, because it means that the difference between this gen and last is really nothing special.

Wii U + PC = Problem solved. Just subtract Wii U if you don't like Nintendo games.

I dont think its directly about the limitations of working on Wii U. As has been said, any game could be downported, certainly to a console like the Wii U.

The problem is, the Wii U simply isnt worth the time, money and effort put into any port.

Why are not they honest? People is not stupid, there is no wii u version because they know it would sell like crap.

Around the Network
leyendax69 said:
Why are not they honest? People is not stupid, there is no wii u version because they know it would sell like crap.

Honestly what does it matter what they say? Some Nintendo fans would lose their shit no matter what reason they give.

They'd be called incompetent, lazy, stupid etc. by some geniuses on forums anyway, it's just that the reason for that would change from "they can't get their game to run on the Wii U" to "they can't make a game that'd sell on the Wii U."

DerNebel said:
leyendax69 said:

Honestly what does it matter what they say? Some Nintendo fans would lose their shit no matter what reason they give.

They'd be called incompetent, lazy, stupid etc. by some geniuses on forums anyway, it's just that the reason for that would change from "they can't get their game to run on the Wii U" to "they can't make a game that'd sell on the Wii U."

I can't quite understand how Nintendo fans don't sympathise with third parties even a little. The fact is third party games do not sell well enough, thus it doesn't make sense for them to come to the platform. The industry is not a frigging charity, do they just expect them to spend time developing a sku that won't make them money?! Just because?

DerNebel said:
leyendax69 said:

Yes, some. And for the record I'm not a Nintendo fan, but if I were a wild Nintendo supporter and wii u owner, this kind of statement would bother me as hell.

The game would sell like crap on wii u anyways. Wii u is a crap system. 3 out of the 4 systems have been pretty much failures. The wii was a fluke and it's more clear than ever. Nintendo has to change it's approach. People don't want to just keep playing updated versions of old franchises

~Mod Edit~

This post has been moderated.

-Smeags

roman838892 said:
The game would sell like crap on wii u anyways. Wii u is a crap system. 3 out of the 4 systems have been pretty much failures. The wii was a fluke and it's more clear than ever. Nintendo has to change it's approach. People don't want to just keep playing updated versions of old franchises

OMG... 

please tell me its sarcasm...