By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rocksteady on Batman Arkham Knight - 'Wii U could not meet gameplay objectives'

I think many of us knew when we bought our wii u's that it would be a low performance console only really suitable for Nintendo's own games. This has been confirmed time and time again with weak multi-format versions of games that couldn't even match 360 or PS3 most of the time.

It's good that Rocksteady are going to push the game to a technically higher level that only pc, ps4 and xbone can achieve.

Around the Network
roman838892 said:

The game would sell like crap on wii u anyways. Wii u is a crap system. 3 out of the 4 systems have been pretty much failures. The wii was a fluke and it's more clear than ever. Nintendo has to change it's approach. People don't want to just keep playing updated versions of old franchises

~Mod Edit~

This post has been moderated.

-Smeags

Your comment made me shed a tear. I bet every Sony fan on VGChartz is proud of you, sir! ^v^

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

DerNebel said:
Seece said:
DerNebel said:

Honestly what does it matter what they say? Some Nintendo fans would lose their shit no matter what reason they give.

They'd be called incompetent, lazy, stupid etc. by some geniuses on forums anyway, it's just that the reason for that would change from "they can't get their game to run on the Wii U" to "they can't make a game that'd sell on the Wii U."

I can't quite understand how Nintendo fans don't sympathise with third parties even a little. The fact is third party games do not sell well enough, thus it doesn't make sense for them to come to the platform. The industry is not a frigging charity, do they just expect them to spend time developing a sku that won't make them money?! Just because?

Well, admitting that third party games just don't do well enough, would be like admitting that a lot of the blame is on Nintendo (not making their system sell) and its fans (not really buying third party games) on this, I suppose some Nintendo fans just can't do this, so shifting the blame towards third parties is a way easier solution. That's my theory at least.

this some are too emotionally attached to Ninty to see the light.

doesnt matter what they said. Some on this site will call them liars anyway. Hell in truth they dont even owe anyone an explanation. Batman not coming to Wii U. It is what it is, deal with it.

AZWification said:
roman838892 said:

The game would sell like crap on wii u anyways. Wii u is a crap system. 3 out of the 4 systems have been pretty much failures. The wii was a fluke and it's more clear than ever. Nintendo has to change it's approach. People don't want to just keep playing updated versions of old franchises

~Mod Edit~

This post has been moderated.

-Smeags

Your comment made me shed a tear. I bet every Sony fan on VGChartz is proud of you, sir! ^v^

You are wrong.

Around the Network
Lusche said:
Mythmaker1 said:
I'm not sure why people are so hostile to this. It sounds pretty reasonable to me.

If the environment is extensive and highly detailed, and you're going to be traveling through it at high speeds, that's going to require a lot of loading. It makes sense that it could run into bottlenecks on some systems.

just scale the textures down, reduce the visibiltiy and pop up distance, less vehicles and persons on the street, less buildings and make the batmobile run slower.

problem solved ...

it can be done, not saying that the devs are lazy or incompetent, but I guess the game wont bring the big $ for them on the wiiu ...

Kappa

It can be done certainly, but that was kind of the point. The compromises they'd have to accept to make it playable on the Wii U may be unacceptable to them. They'd essentially be offering Wii U owners a deliberately inferior version.

I believe in honesty, civility, generosity, practicality, and impartiality.

mii-gamer said:
green_sky said:
Every time a game is not coming to Wii U. We end up getting a thread like this and most of the people who post are just there to take digs. So nothing new there.

To the Wii U only owners. Why not pick games like these on pc? I mean everyone has some kind of computer and if not one needs it for "vgchartz" as this site is horrible to navigate on phones. So, why not pick up these 3rd party games on steam sale for 5-10 bucks instead of agonizing over absence of some stripped down port for full $60.

Now that i think of it. I should make a thread about above paragraph.

Pretty much!

Wii U got Origins last year - no one from all sides made a big deal. Wii U got assassin creed 4no one from all sides made a big deal. Wii U got ghosts no one from all sides made a big deal. Now when a game doesn't come to the Wii U - users begin taking cheap digs at the wii u - Nintendo fans get defensive and finally you end up with a cesspool like this thread

Wii U gets cross gen games fron annual franchises that appear on every system each year????

Wii U IZ A BEAST !!!!

it's before eight am for me so this must be a joke. how is this even news? the last cross platform, aciv, had frame rate drops as low as six on the WiiU. it's a lackluster system with the most ungainly controller since the N64 or the original Xbox. I know the Wii was wonderful and all that jazz but it was still a foul little turd piece of hardware, stupid discs spinning the wrong direction WTF?!? no DVD support are you fu¢%ing kidding, it's the 21st century, can the WiiU even play a DVD... gonna have to look it up...