By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rocksteady on Batman Arkham Knight - 'Wii U could not meet gameplay objectives'

crissindahouse said:
If people here say that GTA 5 or even a N64 game have also vehicles so that Batman should easily run on Wii U they should maybe just go back to their N64 and let this developer release a game which will look and feel like they want and not like you want. Otherwise we should maybe never get new consoles if we don't need them for these kind of games because they could still run on N64 if the developer would just reduce the graphics enough.

I am not saying the game would run on N64, However the reason they used is totally lame to explain why it is not on Wii U. The speed of a vehicle is the most lame excuse I have read yet (wonder if that means xbox one wil be slower then PS4 lol, or did they hold back the PS4 version to meet the xbox one limitations). 

Just say the whole game would suffer significant downgrades and would lose our vision for the game, or that it runs on a new engine which is not supported to Wii U due to lack of power, it is that simple. 

Around the Network

I think what rocksteady is referring to when they're talking about the batmobile's speed has more to do with the loading of the map and all the little intricacies and details therein rather than the actual oomph of the car. Or at least I presume that.

they are just being lazy i guess...

ok seriously, we all knew this was meant to happen from the beginning.

The Batmobile must have so many polygons the Wii U cant handle it.

Soundwave said:
Seece said:
This just further fuels the truth doesn't it? Warner Bros a pro Ninty developer can't bring this game to WiiU because of its limitations.

More like Warner Bros. are a poopy face, I didn't even want Arkham Knight anyway, will be playing the superior Mario Kart which doesn't need a fancy schmancy Batmobile. 

Moderated,

-Mr Khan

Give it a rest dude!

Around the Network

Ok fair enough, the game isnt coming to Wii U and its most likely not powerful enough to run it, lets move on. I prefer to put my energies into games that are coming to Wii U. PS4/X1 owners are in for a treat with Arkham Knight, and good for you i hope you enjoy it. With a little luck whilst you guys are playing Batman, i hopefully will be enjoying the delights of Bayonetta 2, win win situation eh? I just wish people wouldnt keep sticking the boot in everytime a game skips Wii U.

LOL. Apply water to burnt area...

JAK N BLAK From The Youtubez!
►Watch Dogs Multiplayer Gameplay! WatchDogs Online: Multiplayer Gameplay 'Online Hacking' Gamemode FULLY EXPLAINED! (WatchDogs Online Multiplayer Gameplay)◄

LINK TO VID - WATCH HERE - http://youtu.be/4Hr9sJf7N7I

Every WiiU owner should have seen this coming and it'll be more common from now on.

Cobretti2 said:
wtf? if I read correctly they skipped the Wii U because they couldn't make the batmobile ran fast?

Well fuck me dead N64 had Star Wars Racer. Those things traveled at INSANE speeds.

And the F-ZERO cars traveled at 1000+km per hour. HOLY SHIT, SNES > PS4 confirmed.

hated_individual said:
@crissindahouse @joeflex

Wii U maybe on paper does not seem considerably more capable than Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 while in reality it is has two times larger potential of what those two can achieve...

You can try to claim that Wii U is not more capable or not enough stronger than Xbox 360/PlayStation 3 yet in practice crushes those HD twins. People thought Wii was weak yet developers that put cinsiderable efforts in their games yielded extreme results with games like Conduit 1/2, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, The Last Szory, Xenoblade Chronicles, Fast Racing League and Jet Rocket... One of these games had game engines that emulated/replicate effects that were being done on much more stronger hardware of HD twins yet Wii did not had any of these feature sets yet Wiis DirectX 7/8 did 9/10 effects...

Wii Us hardware and architecture is leaps and bounds above it and Xbox One and PlayStation 4 have earth shattering gap. Since Arkham Knight runs at 1080p 60FPS on PlayStation 4 and if it also runs that on Xbox One then I do not see why it would not run at 720p60fps on Wii U with graphical downgrade in comparison to XO/PS4... If because single thing that they cant port game to Wii U then they are incompetent... If Batmobil in AK is 40K poly thrn why not cut it in half details. Like it would look terrible in comparison... Probably not...

fixed. that's more like it.