By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rocksteady on Batman Arkham Knight - 'Wii U could not meet gameplay objectives'

is not comming to ps360.
so, must be true.

Around the Network

Inb4 "lazy developers" or "dev's fault somehow".

soulfly666 said:
I am not a WiiU hater at all, but people had to see this coming. It is going to get exponentially worse as the gen progresses forward. At least Nintendo makes good games though so meh.

It really can't get much worse than it already is.

Is this a joke? Scoop it up guys, past gen can't handle the Batmobile. It should have been obvious when you were playing GTA V and the cars you can drive and planes you can fly cap off at 25 mph.

Seriously, they're kidding, right?

This is some kind of amazing discovery for computer science or mathematics.
They've found a kind of texture that can't be downsampled.

Around the Network

wtf? if I read correctly they skipped the Wii U because they couldn't make the batmobile ran fast?

Well fuck me dead N64 had Star Wars Racer. Those things traveled at INSANE speeds.

Usually what these "low spec" excuses mean is "games sell like shit on the Wii u so why waste our freakin' time".

However because the PS360 are also omitted maybe it give this excuse some credit.

Some developers have been moaning about the hardware in the Wii u before it was launched. It has poor third party game sales. I don't get why people question and ridicule developers for ignoring it. Why should they throw resources away to please the pitiful few Wii u owners that buy their games in return for very little financial reward, if any?

I am a big Nintendo fan but I see the intelligence behind the decision of devs to ignore it and Yes, some excuses are a bit lame, especially when the games are on last gen consoles.

@crissindahouse @joeflex

Wii U maybe on paper does not seem considerably more capable than Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 while in reality it is has two times larger potential of what those two can achieve...

You can try to claim that Wii U is not more capable or not enough stronger than Xbox 360/PlayStation 3 yet in practice crushes those HD twins. People thought Wii was weak yet developers that put cinsiderable efforts in their games yielded extreme results with games like Conduit 1/2, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, The Last Szory, Xenoblade Chronicles, Fast Racing League and Jet Rocket... One of these games had game engines that emulated/replicate effects that were being done on much more stronger hardware of HD twins yet Wii did not had any of these feature sets yet Wiis DirectX 7/8 did 9/10 effects...

Wii Us hardware and architecture is leaps and bounds above it and Xbox One and PlayStation 4 have earth shattering gap. Since Arkham Knight runs at 1080p 60FPS on PlayStation 4 and if it also runs that on Xbox One then I do not see why it would not run at 720p30fps on Wii U with graphical downgrade in comparison to XO/PS4... If because single thing that they cant port game to Wii U then they are incompetent... If Batmobil in AK is 40K poly thrn why not cut it in half details. Like it would look terrible in comparison... Probably not...

Kane1389 said:
Bullshit, have they not seen some of the posts here by certain users? Rocksteady obviously has no idea what they're talking about and they just dont 'get' the Wii U and want Nintendo to fail because they can afford to lose 20 billion for 30 years and not go bankrupt !!!!

Yeah, yeah... (tries to pay attention but get lost in your avatar cuteness)

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

If people here say that GTA 5 or even a N64 game have also vehicles so that Batman should easily run on Wii U they should maybe just go back to their N64 and let this developer release a game which will look and feel like they want and not like you want. Otherwise we should maybe never get new consoles if we don't need them for these kind of games because they could still run on N64 if the developer would just reduce the graphics enough.