By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rocksteady on Batman Arkham Knight - 'Wii U could not meet gameplay objectives'

I'm not sure why people are so hostile to this. It sounds pretty reasonable to me.

If the environment is extensive and highly detailed, and you're going to be traveling through it at high speeds, that's going to require a lot of loading. It makes sense that it could run into bottlenecks on some systems.

I believe in honesty, civility, generosity, practicality, and impartiality.

Around the Network
Seece said:
DerNebel said:

Honestly what does it matter what they say? Some Nintendo fans would lose their shit no matter what reason they give.

They'd be called incompetent, lazy, stupid etc. by some geniuses on forums anyway, it's just that the reason for that would change from "they can't get their game to run on the Wii U" to "they can't make a game that'd sell on the Wii U."

I can't quite understand how Nintendo fans don't sympathise with third parties even a little. The fact is third party games do not sell well enough, thus it doesn't make sense for them to come to the platform. The industry is not a frigging charity, do they just expect them to spend time developing a sku that won't make them money?! Just because?

Well, admitting that third party games just don't do well enough, would be like admitting that a lot of the blame is on Nintendo (not making their system sell) and its fans (not really buying third party games) on this, I suppose some Nintendo fans just can't do this, so shifting the blame towards third parties is a way easier solution. That's my theory at least.

I think I'm get tiny it, when they Said, "not like people is thinking", they don't talk about visuals, they mean the "space", a Wii U version could look like the PS4 version, but the city won't be 5 times bigger, and the batmobile wouldn,t run at a every high speed!, it's not the visuals which worries me, but the "space", now I get it, if only Wii U had an expansión Pack

Mythmaker1 said:
I'm not sure why people are so hostile to this. It sounds pretty reasonable to me.

If the environment is extensive and highly detailed, and you're going to be traveling through it at high speeds, that's going to require a lot of loading. It makes sense that it could run into bottlenecks on some systems.

just scale the textures down, reduce the visibiltiy and pop up distance, less vehicles and persons on the street, less buildings and make the batmobile run slower.

problem solved ...

it can be done, not saying that the devs are lazy or incompetent, but I guess the game wont bring the big $ for them on the wiiu ...

Kappa

Zero999 said:
Cobretti2 said:
wtf? if I read correctly they skipped the Wii U because they couldn't make the batmobile ran fast?

Well fuck me dead N64 had Star Wars Racer. Those things traveled at INSANE speeds.

And the F-ZERO cars traveled at 1000+km per hour. HOLY SHIT, SNES > PS4 confirmed.

Shit man this made me laugh, i hope you were not serious.

Its not the speed that the problem, its loading in the city blocks fast enough, because the ram is to small to have lots of them loaded in at once.

See infamous, Delson can move at 18m per second, this number was chosen because that the fastest speed the console can load the land blocks in without him running off the map.

Yes Wii U could handle the game but they would have to slow the car down to load the land blocks in fast enough, which is not a compromise they wanted to make.

Around the Network

So in short, WiiU doesn't have Arkham Knight because the car wouldn't feel fast enough? Amazing

green_sky said:
Every time a game is not coming to Wii U. We end up getting a thread like this and most of the people who post are just there to take digs. So nothing new there.

To the Wii U only owners. Why not pick games like these on pc? I mean everyone has some kind of computer and if not one needs it for "vgchartz" as this site is horrible to navigate on phones. So, why not pick up these 3rd party games on steam sale for 5-10 bucks instead of agonizing over absence of some stripped down port for full $60.

Now that i think of it. I should make a thread about above paragraph.

Pretty much!

Wii U got Origins last year - no one from all sides made a big deal. Wii U got assassin creed 4 - no one from all sides made a big deal. Wii U got ghosts no one from all sides made a big deal. Now when a game doesn't come to the Wii U - users begin taking cheap digs at the wii u - Nintendo fans get defensive and finally you end up with a cesspool like this thread

Viper1 said:
I hope they realize how incompetent that just made them look.

How so? They couldn't accomplish what they wanted to do on WiiU. Warner has been a pretty big supporter of the WiiU thus far, if they could have made the game on the system with comprising their vision I'm sure they would have done it.  

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Zero999 said:
Viper1 said:
I hope they realize how incompetent that just made them look.

Correct, it would have been less bad for their image if they kept quiet. Now they're wandering in EA territory.

Yeah I'm sure Warner is real worried about a bunch of people who don't even buy their games anyways. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Oh well, no surprise here, glad I got the ps4 too, because it looks like it will be a fun game. At least they arent making a crappy version for $60 where half the stuff is missing and then promised DLC that never comes.