By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rumor: Resident Evil 7 exclusive on Xbox One

10 years ago I would have probably cared, now.. meh. I think Microsoft should go for it. Their gonna have to take big risks and spend a lot of money to get a foothold in Japan, so why not buy exclusivity rights to something like Resi.

Around the Network
JoeTheBro said:
Wut?

It's not that big of a franchise in the grand scheme of things, and it does better on PS. Making it exclusive would probably cost more than it's worth.

I'd say it's pretty big. The last one was hated by fans though, but it was big.

LOL. Even Capcom is not that stupid.

AZWification said:
dahuman said:
I don't think Capcom would like the idea of a Resident Evil game selling 0 copies in Japan, just saying.

I thought Microsoft had 3 or 4 passionate fans in Japan. What happened?  Did they get killed by a group of ninjas?

actually yes.   it was horribly fun though.

You can tell it's going to just be another xbox bro shooter. "The war ends now"? War? What war? Resident Evil was never about fighting any war. Typical dude bro xbox military shooter material right there already, they can have it.

Moderated,

-Mr Khan

Around the Network

I've always wondered with these type of deals: how much money does a company like Microsoft has to spent to do things like this?

@shadow Last odyssey sold at least 1 million if not more by now. Which is equivalent to Nino Kuni which shipped 1.1 million and that was a ps3 exclusives. Heck FFXIII Sold quite decently on Xbox. Blue Dragon sold very close to 1 million

Ahahahaaa yeah right

shikamaru317 said:
leyendax69 said:
If true campcom doesn't want money.

Or they do want money. Remember Microsoft has lots of expendable cash and they know that they need major exclusives to sell the Xbox One, both in Japan and worldwide. 

Ah. I see, this is the only way...

kitler53 said:
i wouldn't be surprised. this gen MS shown they a lot of money and little business sense.

How do you know it would be a bad investment ? If they can't internally produce enough exclusives, seems like reasonable business sense to get them from third-parties in order to boost the value of their console. It all depends on how much they pay to get exclusivity in relation to extra console sales it generates. As an example, although it's a tad early to tell, buying Titanfall's exclusivity seems pretty key in order to save the Xbox One from general apathy at this point.