By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rumor: Resident Evil 7 exclusive on Xbox One

If true, Capcom shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase RE7 for the Xbone, nor will they purchase any of Capcom's games. This would be HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Capcom would alienate an entire market with this move.

Capcom, release RE7 for PS4 instead or you can kiss your business goodbye.

In all seriousness though, I can see it happening if Microsoft payed a lot of money. Like, a LOT.

Nintendo Network ID: domflo

Add me if you like!

Ask me about 3DS Friend Code if interested. All other things are in the profile!

Around the Network

It's only my opinion, but I think the only way to save RE is to make it exclusive to PS4, with Sony helping Capcom to find again their lost magic touch.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

AwakeandAlive said:

This decision is intended to also be associated with the great and unexpected success of Xbox exclusives One Dead Rising 3. An official confirmation is yet awaited.

Fool proof logic!

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

domflo said:

If true, Capcom shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase RE7 for the Xbone, nor will they purchase any of Capcom's games. This would be HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Capcom would alienate an entire market with this move.

Capcom, release RE7 for PS4 instead or you can kiss your business goodbye.

In all seriousness though, I can see it happening if Microsoft payed a lot of money. Like, a LOT.

OMG I posted 3 seconds after you...

I share what you said.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

dane007 said:
@shadow Last odyssey sold at least 1 million if not more by now. Which is equivalent to Nino Kuni which shipped 1.1 million and that was a ps3 exclusives. Heck FFXIII Sold quite decently on Xbox. Blue Dragon sold very close to 1 million

Yeah but those are all RPGs so of course they sold well. Also most of those sales came from US but they were exclusive to XB to try and help them in JP which they didn't help at all.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Around the Network

nice!! i can't wait

Ssenkahdavic said:
Waste of Money for MS if this is true.

Tho I doubt it.

Well MS has money to waste and at least it is nice to know that they are spending it on Xbox.

No chance. Not that I care, gone off this series now.

poklane said:
sales2099 said:
Maybe timed or like how Sony is with Destiny: pretending it is an exclusive.

Sony is in no way pretending Destiny is an exclusive....

Actually yes they are. Like MS does at E3 with COD, marketing, deals on content......Sony is doing all that with Destiny. Essentially the corporation tells the consumer that only true gamers buy the game for their console....."pretend" exclusivity.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Fusioncode said:
An unnamed source from a website called on Xbox Dynasty. Sounds legit.

next dynasty warriors game exclusive to xboxone confirmed?