By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rumor: Resident Evil 7 exclusive on Xbox One

It wouldn't be the first time something like this has happened. RE 4 was originally a GC exclusive, as was RE Zero.

If there's any truth to the rumor, it simply means MS made an offer to bankroll development of RE7 by offering incentives that would offset the loss of sales on PS4, which may have a significantly larger market share percentage by the time the game releases.

Make no mistake: the game would sell a lot more if it were also on the PS4, but given the sales performance of RE6, the franchise may well be in permanent decline and by accepting a deal from MS as a safety net against potentially below projection sales, said deal could keep the franchise limping along.

Around the Network

just like RE4 right? Right?

bigfatshady said:

Wrong about the PS3. The 360 was at 83 mill in Jan. Just because VGC has a slight bias toward Sony doesn't mean that the 360 hasn't sold more than the PS3 worldwide. There is 'real world' numbers and then there is 'VCG" numbers.

obviously you cant tell the difference between shipped and sold, the only numbers you are posting are the one you're dreaming up!

Current PC build:

Asus Z97I-Plus, i5 4790K @ 4.6ghz, EVGA GTX 980 ACX 2.0 1377/1853/124%, Corsair Vengence Pro 2400mhz 2x 8192mb, Corsair RM850, Corsair H80i, 120GB OCZ Vertex 3 SSD, 750GB Seagate Momentus XT SSHD, 320GB Weston Digital HDD, Corsair 230T, Corsair K50 Raptor, HP XQ500AA mouse, Windows 10 Pro 64bit. iiyama Pro Lite G2773HS 120Hz 1Ms G2G gaming monitor.