By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rumor: Resident Evil 7 exclusive on Xbox One

Nem said:
I find it hard to believe.

Capcom would be losing rivers of money in lost PS4 sales.

Why? Microsoft are paying money for the exclisivity ;)

Around the Network
Nem said:
I find it hard to believe.

Capcom would be losing rivers of money in lost PS4 sales.

Not really 6 didn't sell that good I doubt 7 will sell a boatload either I probably still buy it since have pretty much played every game in the main series besides Revelations.

Renamed Call of Resident Gears of Evil Duty a week before release.

The series is terrible now anyways, but I still doubt it's exclusive.

kowenicki said:
Funny. Very funny.

I doubt this.

...and even if it is true, it would have to be a significant improvement on the last effort to remotely grab my interest.

This is my feeling too. It would be a weird business decision for both Microsoft and Capcom. Plus, the series is in such bad shape that it's hard to get excited about RE7 on any platform.

Around the Network

Cool, never was interested in this series.

Top 10 Games of All Time

1. The Last of Us, 2. Journey, 3. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, 4. Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons, 5. Bioshock Infinite, 6. Zelda: Twilight Princess, 7. Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception, 8. Super Smash Bros. Brawl, 9. Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword, 10. Starcraft

Add me on PSN. Thanks.

Yes, Capcom really wants to kill the franchise.... this is never happening.

shikamaru317 said:
dahuman said:
I don't think Capcom would like the idea of a Resident Evil game selling 0 copies in Japan, just saying.

I'm not sure why you think that. RE 5 sold 120k copies on 360 in Japan even though it was also on PS3. Assuming that Microsoft has a few other good Japanese exclusives to help sell the One in Japan, which they very possibly will, RE 7 could hit 500k+ copies sold in Japan lifetime. Assuming that Microsoft pays for exclusivity, Capcom would make as much money as they would if it was multiplat.

I think the better question is, will X1 be sold in Japan by the time RE7 comes out?

After RE 6, they can have it.

VGC would enter a deep state of depression