By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rumor: Resident Evil 7 exclusive on Xbox One

TheGhosts said:
Nem said:
I find it hard to believe.

Capcom would be losing rivers of money in lost PS4 sales.

Why? Microsoft are paying money for the exclisivity ;)

The game is likely to sell above 2 millions on the PS4, if not much more. I really doubt that microsoft gave them that much money, if this were to be true.

Around the Network
Goatseye said:
VGC would enter a deep state of depression

I know you're trying to milk this rumour for everything it's worth.

But seriously, when people say they don't give a shit, they mean it.

You Playstation cultists should fully support RE 7 being an Xbox One exclusive. It'll probably suck anyway, so why not let Xbox fans take all the heat?

Guys come on, there is no way capcom would do this when there is a console out with double the install base. Plus it is a favorite in Japan. With about 6 mil consoles already sold.............

.......we all know this will be exclusive to the WiiU.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

jamesmarkus87 said:
You Playstation cultists should fully support RE 7 being an Xbox One exclusive. It'll probably suck anyway, so why not let Xbox fans take all the heat?

I almost wished FFXIII was too. :P

Around the Network
pezus said:
Lol, that would finally kill the series

Haha! Oh Pezus.

OT: I doubt it. They'd miss so many potential sales from a PS4 version that this one would be one expensive third party exclusive. And with that, It wouldn't be worth it as I don't think it would sell more than 2-3m in best case scenarios. 

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

shikamaru317 said:

If this is true, the Xbox One will have a pretty major exclusive to help sell the console in Japan. RE6 sold more than 3 times as many copies as the best selling 360 game in Japan. 

... because it was on the PS3...

fps_d0minat0r said:
they already have gears though. Why would they secure exclusivity on another third person shooter?

Whilst I recognise that some gamers feel the franchise has departed from this, RE is about survival horror, not run and gun or cover shooting.

I suspect that this would be an arrangement that would be more effective in its refusal of a franchise for PS4 rather than an addition for X1.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

I just want RE7 to be a real horror game, I couldn´t care less which console it releases on, heck, I would buy a Atari Jaguar to play a good RE once more.

And, let us face it, the Xbox One needs it, all we have are idiotic FPSs, the only real cool exclusive is Dead Rising 3.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

I'm not really interested after RE6, RE5 was really different too but I thought it was better than 6. Plus The Evil Within is the "REAL" Resident Evil because it has the original director of the series behind it.

Anyhow XB1 is in terror mode because PS4 is kicking it's butt in Hardware and Software sales. MS will pull anything they can with their reserves of money, if that means locking down some Capcom games I wouldn't put it past them. I also could care less because The Evil Within is the "HORROR game of the year" since it's first announcement anyway.