By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rumor: Resident Evil 7 exclusive on Xbox One

pezus said:
Chris Hu said:
pezus said:
Lol, that would finally kill the series

Nah, I still would buy it and 6 really wasn't as bad as most people say it was.

It still was an approximately 50% decline in sales vs. 5 and a huge downgrade in scores. Effectively making it One only would kill off another ~60-70% of its sales

Dead Rising is doing pretty good on the X1 as long as MS pays for the games development like they did with DR3 I'm pretty sure Capcom wouldn't mind it being exclusive.  Of course MS could go after much better 3rd party exclusives besides RE7 since the series is in a decline anyway.  Another Mistwalker game would be a lot better even though it probably wouldn't sell that much either.

Around the Network

Well they did make RE4 Gamecube exclusive so is not out of the question

TheGhosts said:
Nem said:
TheGhosts said:
Nem said:
I find it hard to believe.

Capcom would be losing rivers of money in lost PS4 sales.

Why? Microsoft are paying money for the exclisivity ;)

The game is likely to sell above 2 millions on the PS4, if not much more. I really doubt that microsoft gave them that much money, if this were to be true.

Why not? Microsoft has not to sell their buildings and they have enough money ;)

MS has money, but the gaming division gets a very limited cut of that.  Seeing how investors want the X1 killed off, I doubt MS is going to put in deep pools of resources to take a risk on a franchise that is on a decline.  MS is smarter than this, so dont hold your breath.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Shiken said:
TheGhosts said:
Nem said:
TheGhosts said:
Nem said:
I find it hard to believe.

Capcom would be losing rivers of money in lost PS4 sales.

Why? Microsoft are paying money for the exclisivity ;)

The game is likely to sell above 2 millions on the PS4, if not much more. I really doubt that microsoft gave them that much money, if this were to be true.

Why not? Microsoft has not to sell their buildings and they have enough money ;)

MS has money, but the gaming division gets a very limited cut of that.  Seeing how investors want the X1 killed off, I doubt MS is going to put in deep pools of resources to take a risk on a franchise that is on a decline.  MS is smarter than this, so dont hold your breath.

Thy purchased the exclusive Titanfall and they purchased the Gears of War IP, do you really think they would miss the chance to get Residen Evil exclusive on XBox One? I don't think so, if they have the chance than they will do it!!!

Considering the PS4 to XBO gap now and where it will be... I doubt it unless MS pays a crap ton. So its still possible.

Around the Network

Capcom has already said that the only way they can make next gen games is if its only on one console. Hence Dead Rising 3, Deep Down, and Mega man in Smash. They dont have the money to make 8th gen multiplats

What a strange rumour.. lol.

KylieDog said:
WagnerPaiva said:

I couldn´t care less which console it releases on

FinalFantasyXIII said:

I also could care less because The Evil Within is the "HORROR game of the year"

It is "I couldn't care less".  As in, you are at the point where it is impossible to care less.  If you 'could' or 'can' care less, then you clearly care a good deal about it, enough that you can still lower how much you care about it.

Thanks buddy, always good to learn a bit more =D (Also, I edited my post).

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

The series hasn't been too great after Resident Evil 5 so would this matter if true? RE6 was garbage, Operation Raccoon City was garbage, and RE Revelations was "okay."

It'd be a lot of money to buy exclusivity though. Even as a really bad game look how much Resident Evil 6 sold. 2.73m on PS3, 1.71m on 360, but Resident Evil 5 which was good sold 5m on the PS3 and 3.37m on the 360. Not only would Microsoft have to pay for the development costs, they'd have to pay for exclusivity, and pay for the possible losses that Capcom would suffer for Resident Evil 7 not gaining sales from the other console. Let's just say three million. For lost sales alone, Microsoft would be paying 60 million atleast. I doubt they'll pay exclusivity because of how much it will cost.

No chance in hell.