By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rumor: Resident Evil 7 exclusive on Xbox One

Am I the only one who wants a RE game in the same vein as REmake on the GC... amazing backgrounds and atmosphere coupled with the classic RE gameplay as opposed to the really slow and awkward 3PS it's become?

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Around the Network

According the VGC the last game sold well over 4 million across PS3 and Xbox 360 - not counting PC if there was one, so we're not talking about nothing here.

Personally I havent touched the franchise since 4.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Capcom release RE7 exclusive on Xbox one means that they ignore the Japanese market. I dont think so :v

This could be part of MS' plan to work the Japanese market. Since the game is big there exclusivity (even if timed) would help X1 sales.

Although I don't doubt that MS may work with Capcom to make this exclusive, I would think this would only be timed exclusivity and not a full exclusive. RE is too big of a series worldwide for it to be only on one console.

Chris Hu said:
pezus said:
Chris Hu said:
pezus said:
Lol, that would finally kill the series

Nah, I still would buy it and 6 really wasn't as bad as most people say it was.

It still was an approximately 50% decline in sales vs. 5 and a huge downgrade in scores. Effectively making it One only would kill off another ~60-70% of its sales

Dead Rising is doing pretty good on the X1 as long as MS pays for the games development like they did with DR3 I'm pretty sure Capcom wouldn't mind it being exclusive.  Of course MS could go after much better 3rd party exclusives besides RE7 since the series is in a decline anyway.  Another Mistwalker game would be a lot better even though it probably wouldn't sell that much either.

Dead Rising could have sold even more on PS4, increased RCOI for marketing and increased its IP value by making it a launch game for the whole market rather than an Xbox niche game. I don't know how much they got, but if it's not more than 15 millions $ they are not so happy.

Around the Network
Shiken said:
TheGhosts said:
Nem said:
TheGhosts said:
Nem said:
I find it hard to believe.

Capcom would be losing rivers of money in lost PS4 sales.

Why? Microsoft are paying money for the exclisivity ;)

The game is likely to sell above 2 millions on the PS4, if not much more. I really doubt that microsoft gave them that much money, if this were to be true.

Why not? Microsoft has not to sell their buildings and they have enough money ;)

MS has money, but the gaming division gets a very limited cut of that.  Seeing how investors want the X1 killed off, I doubt MS is going to put in deep pools of resources to take a risk on a franchise that is on a decline.  MS is smarter than this, so dont hold your breath.

Prove your point ;)

Joke aside, they are smart most of the time (including in console market) but has been pretty stupid and now are out of options when it comes to xbox one.

shikamaru317 said:
Shiken said:

MS has money, but the gaming division gets a very limited cut of that.  Seeing how investors want the X1 killed off, I doubt MS is going to put in deep pools of resources to take a risk on a franchise that is on a decline.  MS is smarter than this, so dont hold your breath.

I thought that rumor was put to death? I'm pretty sure I heard that the investors who wanted to sell off the Xbox division only held a combined 2% share of Microsoft's stock. As for how much Microsoft is willing to spend on the Xbox division, they claimed that they set aside $1 billion for 1st year exclusives (which I assume includes development and marketing budgets, as well as money spent on exclusivity, timed exclusivity, and DLC exclusivity deals), and that's on top of R&D costs for the Xbox One itself. That's alot of money spent on a division they supposedly plan to sell off. 

Thats my point.  There are other franchises out there that would be a better buy than RE.  They have to be smart with that money because if the X1 continues to bleed money seeing as how no one seems to want the thing, investors will push harder for it to be cut.  They are not going to KEEP spending billions on a product that has no return.  Regardless of what you think, XBOX division doesnt have endless pockets to dip into for franchises that are dying.  Furthermore this is a franchise that has always been with PS and capcom would be cutting out nearly double the install base for their game, so this would be no cheap deal.  Unless I see something official, this seems like a bad deal for all parties involved.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

pezus said:
Lol, that would finally kill the series

This.

Soriku said:
And forgo Japan sales? lmao.

Why is this even being discussed?

for the lulz?

Who cares about resident evil at this point?