By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - FF 15 and KH3 makes more sense on Wii U than Xone

MentalAlliance said:

Given Final Fantasy XV's cinematic aspect, I honestly think it would perform better on Xbox One than Wii U sales-wise (not to mention the level of downgrading needed to get Final Fantasy XV to run on the Wii U, if that's even possible for their vision). But there's definitely an argument for Kingdom Hearts III (aside from their shaders that might not be as easily doable on Wii U, I dunno) . Kingdom Hearts has been on Nintendo and Playstation platforms quite equally, even if the major titles ownly appeared on PS, so I think that makes sense, but Xbox has never seen KH even once, not even the HD collections, so it's a little strange. So yeah Kingdom Hearts III makes more sense on Wii U than Xbox One for the most part, but I don't think that's the case with Final Fantasy XV.

Either way, both franchises are very closely tied to Playstation consoles, so if anyone is a fan of them like myself, then they'd likely be getting a PS4 anyway.

The problem with that reasoning is the exact same issue as saying Titanfall is exclusive to Microsoft Platforms.
Nintendo's Consoles sales have never exceeded their Hardware sales. The only one to come close was the Wii.

Furthermore, this is the first time a Kingdom Hearts game is ever being (directly ported) to a platform its wasn't developed for. Assuming that it will be ported from PS4 to XB1. Thus just because there is a handheld audience, does not mean there is a console audience. Therefore, in a very similar if not exact same situation the XB1 is considering a KHIII port.

The only valid dependency on whether the game is ported to Wii U is expected profits vs porting costs, and it is a nonsequitur KH handheld presence gives it the same presence on Nintendo's consoles.

In fact, considering that the Nintendo has had the handheld majority since its inception and that there has never been a official handheld xbox, one could reasonably argue that a vast majority of Xbox Owners who also have hand helds have owned one made by Nintendo. In fact, Kingdom Hearts has been on every handheld that has been released since Kingdom Hearts 1, with the exception of the Vita.

Therefore, Xbox Console owners had the exact same access to KH as Nintendo Console owners in regards to handhelds, and regardless of whether or not they had a PlayStation to play the Numbered Games.

In order to play any KH Game with the exception of Chi (which is on PC, but isn't made by SE), You would need to have had a PS2, PS3, PSP, GBA, DS, or 3DS/2DS

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network

Has anyone ever gone on to the Wii-U page for top software sales?

Look at that and please come back

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Serious_frusting said:
Has anyone ever gone on to the Wii-U page for top software sales?

Look at that and please come back

Really? ... Really? I say Some games did good (third parties). Nintendo only has just a few out of thousands that can sell on their hardware (competing against the other 2)

Ex: Rayman/Sonic 

Isn't FFXV just Versus XIII? I have a hard time believing that a game originally developed for the PS3 could not be scaled for the Wii U, without much effort, especially in the modern era of game development where scaling is quite easy.

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
MentalAlliance said:

Given Final Fantasy XV's cinematic aspect, I honestly think it would perform better on Xbox One than Wii U sales-wise (not to mention the level of downgrading needed to get Final Fantasy XV to run on the Wii U, if that's even possible for their vision). But there's definitely an argument for Kingdom Hearts III (aside from their shaders that might not be as easily doable on Wii U, I dunno) . Kingdom Hearts has been on Nintendo and Playstation platforms quite equally, even if the major titles ownly appeared on PS, so I think that makes sense, but Xbox has never seen KH even once, not even the HD collections, so it's a little strange. So yeah Kingdom Hearts III makes more sense on Wii U than Xbox One for the most part, but I don't think that's the case with Final Fantasy XV.

Either way, both franchises are very closely tied to Playstation consoles, so if anyone is a fan of them like myself, then they'd likely be getting a PS4 anyway.

The problem with that reasoning is the exact same issue as saying Titanfall is exclusive to Microsoft Platforms.
Nintendo's Consoles sales have never exceeded their Hardware sales. The only one to come close was the Wii.

Furthermore, this is the first time a Kingdom Hearts game is ever being (directly ported) to a platform its wasn't developed for. Assuming that it will be ported from PS4 to XB1. Thus just because there is a handheld audience, does not mean there is a console audience. Therefore, in a very similar if not exact same situation the XB1 is considering a KHIII port.

The only valid dependency on whether the game is ported to Wii U is expected profits vs porting costs, and it is a nonsequitur KH handheld presence gives it the same presence on Nintendo's consoles.

In fact, considering that the Nintendo has had the handheld majority since its inception and that there has never been a official handheld xbox, one could reasonably argue that a vast majority of Xbox Owners who also have hand helds have owned one made by Nintendo. In fact, Kingdom Hearts has been on every handheld that has been released since Kingdom Hearts 1, with the exception of the Vita.

Therefore, Xbox Console owners had the exact same access to KH as Nintendo Console owners in regards to handhelds, and regardless of whether or not they had a PlayStation to play the Numbered Games.

In order to play any KH Game with the exception of Chi (which is on PC, but isn't made by SE), You would need to have had a PS2, PS3, PSP, GBA, DS, or 3DS/2DS

Fine point, but there's no way of knowing if there's more Wii U+GBA,DS,3DS owners compared to Xbox One+GBA,DS,3DS owners I just feel there is a better chance that Nintendo fans have had more exposure to the franchise than Xbox fans considering there are a lot of Nintendo fans who do indeed buy both because they want the next Mario Kart or Mario Bros. etc., but it's hard to say the same for Xbox One fans because... well, we just don't know. But like I said, it doesn't really matter. For the most part, if you are a Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy fan these days, there's a very large chance you're buying a PS4 eventually anyway.

Around the Network
sc94597 said:
Isn't FFXV just Versus XIII? I have a hard time believing that a game originally developed for the PS3 could not be scaled for the Wii U, without much effort, especially in the modern era of game development where scaling is quite easy.

I wouldn't rule out the the chance of it being possible, but you have to keep in mind that Versus XIII (now XV) has been in development for years and years and there's a great chance it's been overhauled several times during that development. Not to mention, even if it were scalable, it would be a matter of how easily scalable relative to the small install base of the Wii U and Square Enix would raise the question, "would it be profitable?" and my guess would be that they would think it's not profitable enough. But that's all assuming it is indeed possible to scale with a decent amount of ease, which I have a feeling it isn't. I mean, didn't they move to the Luminous Engine for development. I highly doubt that engine will be supporting Wii U.

sc94597 said:

The main reason that SE changed the game from Versus XIII to XV is because last generation hardware wasn't enough to realize the vision that the director Nomura was aiming for, the scale is so big that they decided to turn the project in into a main title in the franchise.

Zero999 said:

1.Much of your walltext shows good proportions for wii u titles, especially the first example of batman AO. it's a game that decreased 50% over it's predecessor on the other consoles but is tracking ahead of arkham city on wii u even with advertising excluding the existence of the wii u version. it already sold enough to profit and got 5% of AO total console versions, with a 26x smaller installed base.

2.games from EA mean nothing.

3. you exclude titles that did well.

4. and most importantly, you aren't even adressing the topic's subject, wich is FF 15 and KH3 making more sense on wii u.

Ill answer point 4 first. The entire post was in relation to the first reply I had here. Im saying the reasons why FFXV and KH3 arent on Wii U are either because Square Enix think the machine isnt financially viable or that they think the machine isnt powerful enough to handle them.

On that note, we need to look at Square Enix support on Wii U. Lets look at what they have released since Wii U launched, and what theyre putting out in the future. Lets start with Square Enix's Wii U releases present and future -

Dragon Quest X
Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Now lets take a look at games they have released since Wii U launched, that arent on Wii U.

Hitman Absolution
Hitman HD Trilogy
Tomb Raider
Tomb Raider Definitive Edition
Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD
Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
Final Fantasy X HD
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
Thief

And now for announced games that havent been announced for Wii U.

Final Fantasy XV
Kingdom Hearts 3
Murdered: Soul Suspect
Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD

These lists tell me that Square Enix have no faith at all in the Wii U as a platform. They have no Wii U retail titles announced at all and the last game they put on Wii U sold less than 40,000 units worldwide. They quite clearly dont see the Wii U as a financially viable platform.

Now Ill go back to point 1.

Good proportions arent good enough. You need to look at total sales numbers, not a percentage in comparison to different versions. This puts more weight on the Nintendo and EA interviews, where they say the Wii U simply hasnt sold enough. Furthermore, youre ignoring the fact that Arkham Knight is not releasing on Wii U. Sales are in my favour here, as is the fact that Wii U is missing the next game in the series, along with PS360.

Games from EA are still games, zero. Like it or not. Despite all the little conspiracies that get thrown around, EA released videogames on Wii U and those videogames bombed at retail. EA continued to support Wii and 3DS, it was just Wii U where they had no faith at all in the platform. EA dont hate Nintendo, EA hate losing money.

Of course I excluded the titles that did well. You told me to persuade you that the Wii U isnt a financially viable platform. But hey, have it your way. Here are the 3rd party games that did "well" on Wii U -

LEGO City Undercover
Monster Hunter Tri
Disney Infinity
Sonic and SEGA All Stars Racing
Rayman Legends
Just Dance X

Lets be honest here, its nothing to party over. 6 games. Maybe more, depending on your own personal definition of what constitutes selling well and what doesnt. 

The facts (sales numbers, games releasing) are telling us that 3rd party developers are avoiding Wii U development. There are realistically 2 reasons for this. 1) The Wii U isnt a financially viable platform and 2) the Wii U simply isnt powerful enough to handle X game without considerable work being put into it. So no, I dont think the Wii U is a better option for Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts 3 for the very reasons that Square Enix will also be thinking. 

Why put time, effort and money into a platform where you arent guaranteed to reap the benefits?

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Zero999 said:

In the same "logic", KH was never on xbox and will be 10 years since it was on a sony home console. 4 KH are on nintendo platforms and sold very well there, period.

the games would run very well on wii u and would profit a lot.

in other words, just because there is an audience for KH on nintendo's handhelds, doesn't mean the Numbered KH (which are only on consoles) would go to the Wii U because of it.

In regards to the Wii U vs XboxOne, the only factors for a port would be those that a normal port has, price of port vs expected returns

it's still a FAR BETTER indicator than the incognit that is the xone. plus, the other factors, like nintendo having a huge lead in japan.

generic-user-1 said:
they want to safe ff... it couldnt stand vs X and would be heavily damaged...

This^