By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - FF 15 and KH3 makes more sense on Wii U than Xone

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
MentalAlliance said:

Given Final Fantasy XV's cinematic aspect, I honestly think it would perform better on Xbox One than Wii U sales-wise (not to mention the level of downgrading needed to get Final Fantasy XV to run on the Wii U, if that's even possible for their vision). But there's definitely an argument for Kingdom Hearts III (aside from their shaders that might not be as easily doable on Wii U, I dunno) . Kingdom Hearts has been on Nintendo and Playstation platforms quite equally, even if the major titles ownly appeared on PS, so I think that makes sense, but Xbox has never seen KH even once, not even the HD collections, so it's a little strange. So yeah Kingdom Hearts III makes more sense on Wii U than Xbox One for the most part, but I don't think that's the case with Final Fantasy XV.

Either way, both franchises are very closely tied to Playstation consoles, so if anyone is a fan of them like myself, then they'd likely be getting a PS4 anyway.

The problem with that reasoning is the exact same issue as saying Titanfall is exclusive to Microsoft Platforms.
Nintendo's Consoles sales have never exceeded their Hardware sales. The only one to come close was the Wii.

Furthermore, this is the first time a Kingdom Hearts game is ever being (directly ported) to a platform its wasn't developed for. Assuming that it will be ported from PS4 to XB1. Thus just because there is a handheld audience, does not mean there is a console audience. Therefore, in a very similar if not exact same situation the XB1 is considering a KHIII port.

The only valid dependency on whether the game is ported to Wii U is expected profits vs porting costs, and it is a nonsequitur KH handheld presence gives it the same presence on Nintendo's consoles.

In fact, considering that the Nintendo has had the handheld majority since its inception and that there has never been a official handheld xbox, one could reasonably argue that a vast majority of Xbox Owners who also have hand helds have owned one made by Nintendo. In fact, Kingdom Hearts has been on every handheld that has been released since Kingdom Hearts 1, with the exception of the Vita.

Therefore, Xbox Console owners had the exact same access to KH as Nintendo Console owners in regards to handhelds, and regardless of whether or not they had a PlayStation to play the Numbered Games.

In order to play any KH Game with the exception of Chi (which is on PC, but isn't made by SE), You would need to have had a PS2, PS3, PSP, GBA, DS, or 3DS/2DS

to be fair you dont need, GBA or PSP as those games on the systems have/will get ports for PS3 collection, hell add PS2 to that.

Around the Network

OT i love how Zero couldnt really counter anything. Reason why it makes for x1? ITs much closer HW wise to PS4 than Wii U. Its about money which means the port would be CHEAPER. Its really that simple. You dont have to like it, hell doesnt matter if you do or not. Its the way it is. As for MP vs. exclusive. Who cares. In this context what is the difference, the game is STILL not coming to your system of choice, so you would still have to get another one to have access to it, just like you would do for an exclusive.

Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy both have a significant international audience, especially KH which contains Disney characters, since its on the PS4 it wouldn't be a system seller like KH3DS was and even that wasn't that much of a system seller compared with the other Nintendo software.
Thus without regard for either systems marketshare, international or in Japan, they [Xbox1 and Wii U] would be equal.

Personally, PS3 really got the short end of the stick, with late remixes and no exclusive FFXIII but I understand why SE has to go multiplat. Microsoft would've never let this thing happen, but that might be why AAA japanese devs don't do exclusive deals with them.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

I might be wrong here. But isn't FFXV still being released on PS3 too ?

It does make more sense for it to be on WiiU than Xone. KH3 is a PS4/Xbone only game, it would be costly to make a WiiU port.

I wonder if Publishers really look at it on a franchise by franchise basis like that. My bet would be that Square Enix simply looked at where they've had the most success in general with their titles, compared the X360 to the Wii, saw that there wasn't any really amazing reason to go against what they'd seen with their other titles and they decided to focus on porting to Xbox One over WiiU. Ease of porting almost certainly had a factor in it as well. Simple fact is most of the time third party games do better on MS platforms than on Nintendo, and so SE just went with what was the most likely to work. You can't spend millions banking on being one of the few success stories for third parties on the WiiU. This is why companies put their smaller titles on there, or games where you have the budget or a requirement to put it on every platform available. After that either they'll continue to put the subsequent games in the franchise on Nintendo consoles because they've shown to sell there even focusing on it if it seems worthwhile (Just Dance) or it's dropped and deemed not worth the investment (Batman).

You can talk about porting costs and the kind of sales you expect the game would get on WiiU all day long, but I think the fact that so many 3rd parties games are skipping WiiU speaks more to the realistic prospects for third parties than your theories on how easy it would be to port it and how well it would do.

Around the Network
zumnupy10 said:

It does make more sense for it to be on WiiU than Xone. KH3 is a PS4/Xbone only game, it would be costly to make a WiiU port.

No its not. That's why doesn't make any sense. If they are not releasing the game on PS3, why are going to do it on wii u?

leyendax69 said:
zumnupy10 said:

No its not. That's why doesn't make any sense. If they are not releasing the game on PS3, why are going to do it on wii u?

what does it have to do with wii u if it's coming to ps3 or not?

Zero999 said:
leyendax69 said:
zumnupy10 said:

Fan base of both franchises and specifically JRPG mostly on PS systems, 80 vs 6 million users. Even with that, is not coming to PS3. Why would be any different with wii u? That does have to do, simply logic.

Torillian said:
I wonder if Publishers really look at it on a franchise by franchise basis like that. My bet would be that Square Enix simply looked at where they've had the most success in general with their titles, compared the X360 to the Wii, saw that there wasn't any really amazing reason to go against what they'd seen with their other titles and they decided to focus on porting to Xbox One over WiiU. Ease of porting almost certainly had a factor in it as well. Simple fact is most of the time third party games do better on MS platforms than on Nintendo, and so SE just went with what was the most likely to work. You can't spend millions banking on being one of the few success stories for third parties on the WiiU. This is why companies put their smaller titles on there, or games where you have the budget or a requirement to put it on every platform available. After that either they'll continue to put the subsequent games in the franchise on Nintendo consoles because they've shown to sell there even focusing on it if it seems worthwhile (Just Dance) or it's dropped and deemed not worth the investment (Batman).

You can talk about porting costs and the kind of sales you expect the game would get on WiiU all day long, but I think the fact that so many 3rd parties games are skipping WiiU speaks more to the realistic prospects for third parties than your theories on how easy it would be to port it and how well it would do.

you're too early on a lot of things, also:

"but I think the fact that so many 3rd parties games are skipping WiiU speaks more to the realistic prospects for third parties than your theories on how easy it would be to port it and how well it would do."

in the past, we've seen countless times that third parties attitude towards nintendo platforms completely disconsidered "realistic prospects".

p.s: "I wonder if Publishers really look at it on a franchise by franchise basis like that." If they don't, they are even more stupid than they look. Of course it's a franchise on franchise matter.

leyendax69 said:
Zero999 said:

Fan base of both franchises and specifically JRPG mostly on PS systems, 80 vs 6 million users. Even with that, is not coming to PS3. Why would be any different with wii u? That does have to do, simply logic.

I think you meant simple lack of logic. ps3 is very old and saturated and they decided for 8th gen only. and the main question of the thread is: if it is on Xone, why not on wii u.