By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - FF 15 and KH3 makes more sense on Wii U than Xone

Zero999 said:
leyendax69 said:
Zero999 said:

what does it have to do with wii u if it's coming to ps3 or not?

Fan base of both franchises and specifically JRPG mostly on PS systems, 80 vs 6 million users. Even with that, is not coming to PS3. Why would be any different with wii u? That does have to do, simply logic.

I think you meant simple lack of logic. ps3 is very old and saturated and they decided for 8th gen only. and the main question of the thread is: if it is on Xone, why not on wii u.

Guess what: that old, saturated console is on pair and sells better than wii u weekly. Its on Xbox One because it has the same structure of PS4 (which should be the main platform for both games). Wii u simply can't run them and that's a fact.

You are the one that lacks logic here I don't know why I respond you, is pointless trying to debate with you. Have a good day sir.

Around the Network
leyendax69 said:
Zero999 said:

I think you meant simple lack of logic. ps3 is very old and saturated and they decided for 8th gen only. and the main question of the thread is: if it is on Xone, why not on wii u.

Guess what: that old, saturated console is on pair and sells better than wii u weekly. Its on Xbox One because it has the same structure of PS4 (which should be the main platform for both games). Wii u simply can't run them and that's a fact.

You are the one that lacks logic here I don't know why I respond you, is pointless trying to debate with you. Have a good day sir.

"Wii u simply can't run them and that's a fact." repeating this won't make it true.

you're not debating anything.

FF 15 and KH3 makes more sense on Wii U than Xone?? Sense for you. For me have many sense

MentalAlliance said:
sc94597 said:
Isn't FFXV just Versus XIII? I have a hard time believing that a game originally developed for the PS3 could not be scaled for the Wii U, without much effort, especially in the modern era of game development where scaling is quite easy.

I wouldn't rule out the the chance of it being possible, but you have to keep in mind that Versus XIII (now XV) has been in development for years and years and there's a great chance it's been overhauled several times during that development. Not to mention, even if it were scalable, it would be a matter of how easily scalable relative to the small install base of the Wii U and Square Enix would raise the question, "would it be profitable?" and my guess would be that they would think it's not profitable enough. But that's all assuming it is indeed possible to scale with a decent amount of ease, which I have a feeling it isn't. I mean, didn't they move to the Luminous Engine for development. I highly doubt that engine will be supporting Wii U.

This would make sense if Square Enix was an intelligent firm looking to be profitable in efficient ways, but that is quite obviously not true considering their decade long development periods, jumping from system to system -- hyping games that won't release for another 10 years. I bought a PS3 thinking I'd be able to play Versus XIII (among other games), and was quite disillusioned when it wasn't released (or even talked about) for years, and then wouldn't be released at all. Now we have Square Enix already hyping a sequel to a game that hasn't been released, which they've been hyping for 8 years now. Those aren't the actions of a firm that knows what it is doing to achieve its goals.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_XV#Possible_sequels

As for the luminious engine running on the Wii U, 

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/356105/luminous-engine-scalable-from-next-gen-to-ipad-square/

The Luminous Engine is hugely scalable, says Square's chief technical officer and Luminous demo producer Yoshihisa Hashimoto. So much so that it could power titles on current-gen systems and even mobiles and tablets.

He went on to say that the engine caters to "PC already, probably PlayStation 3, Mobile, iPad tablets also browser and cloud as well. Not just next-gen - we can scale," he said.

"This time, a lot of power was expended on graphics because we wanted to show something really visually impressive. To be clear, it hasn't been optimized yet. So we should be able to optimize AI, graphics, the animation, audio all those things to slot together," he said.

"Of course we, the team, created this engine but definitely we are going to raise the bar for AI, animation, audio and physics everything.

Soriku said:
pbroy said:
M$ has moneyhat monies. Xbone will have whatever M$ is willing to pay for.

You think MS paid for these games?

KH3 at least makes more sense for the Wii U than Xbox One, but they don't want to make technically (very) different games.

generic-user-1 said:
they want to safe ff... it couldnt stand vs X and would be heavily damaged...

lol

FF in its prime was fantastic, on ps2 it was okay, not uber but okay.  and now its just pls change the name, PLS...

its just bad. SE made a lot of realy bad games in the last years.  last gen FF wasnt the best jrpg, but nobody cares about a late wii game...

Around the Network

I'll weigh in.  I honestly believed Square Enix was planning for Kingdom Hearts 3 on the Wii U.  From a technical standpoint, the game looks like trash.  I'll assume they were building the game around the Wii U and then progressively build on it as they develop the engine for the console.  They didn't want to announce the game without the PS4 and most likely waited.  Then things changed.  Nintendo's Wii U isn't exactly selling gangbusters and they most likely panicked and put the game on the Xbox One in hopes of getting that install base to buy the game.  Unbeknownst to them; the Xbox One is selling equally bad, but already made the announcement. That's my belief for Kingdom Hearts 3.  

Scenario 2: The game just looks bad cause they decided they're finally going to make the game and threw together something within a week for a trailer.

As far as FF 15 is concerned.  I honestly do no believe the Wii U can handle what they've shown, as is.  The kind of downgrade wouldn't be worth the headache.

but nobody cares about a late wii game...

Everyone cares about Xenoblade. 

darkknightkryta said:

I'll weigh in.  I honestly believed Square Enix was planning for Kingdom Hearts 3 on the Wii U.  From a technical standpoint, the game looks like trash.  I'll assume they were building the game around the Wii U and then progressively build on it as they develop the engine for the console.  They didn't want to announce the game without the PS4 and most likely waited.  Then things changed.  Nintendo's Wii U isn't exactly selling gangbusters and they most likely panicked and put the game on the Xbox One in hopes of getting that install base to buy the game.  Unbeknownst to them; the Xbox One is selling equally bad, but already made the announcement. That's my belief for Kingdom Hearts 3.  

Scenario 2: The game just looks bad cause they decided they're finally going to make the game and threw together something within a week for a trailer.

As far as FF 15 is concerned.  I honestly do no believe the Wii U can handle what they've shown, as is.  The kind of downgrade wouldn't be worth the headache.

KH3 was barely in development when they announced and there's nothing undoable on those FF 15 trailers. why do people keep thinking that the experience will change if the game is a little less pretty and lower resolution?

Zero999 said:
darkknightkryta said:

KH3 was barely in development when they announced and there's nothing undoable on those FF 15 trailers. why do people keep thinking that the experience will change if the game is a little less pretty and lower resolution?

I know Kingdom Hearts 3 was barely in development, but what they shown honestly looks like a PS3 game, if not worse.  So either what they threw together was with the Wii U in mind, or it was a rush job.  Though Final Fantasy 15 looks far more impressive and the PS4 version couldn't have been in development long when they made the trailer for it so I doubt they couldn't have made a better looking Kingdom Hearts 3 trailer..

I never said Final Fantasy 15 isn't doable on the Wii U.  I said it wasn't worth the headache.  Especially trying to cram 5 gigs of ram data into 1.

every Japanese game makes more sens on a Nintendo cause....well THEY ARE JAPANESE