By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Gran Turismo 5 removing all DLC ahead of shutting down the game's online service

adriane23 said:
Small anecdote: I turned on Transformers: War for Cybertron the other day expecting the servers to be down. They were still up with 162 people playing online. 162! GT5 has thousands, so wtf PD!?

This is more "wtf, Sony", I fear.

Around the Network
adriane23 said:
kupomogli said:
Not as bad as WKC2. Servers had a couple thousand people online everyday and the servers were shut down less than two years.

Sony announced they were shutting down servers from WKC1 because most everyone was on WKC2, but D3 Publisher, the ones who published WKC2, announced they were going to close servers the same time WKC1 closed.

Either way you look at it, it's bad for Sony, but D3 Publisher is worse.

Yeah, that pretty much killed my incentive to finish WKC. Half the game is basically gone.

What? Why? Why is the online component so important?

JayWood2010 said:

I shouldve probably noted that i mean games that are popular.  Whether it be Gears, GT, Minecraft, etc  These games were popular and people stick around for years.  

Right, many games and popular games are not the same thing.

With that said, most online communities games are dead well before three years.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Man gt6 must be selling really bad if there having to do all this to get people to buy gt6

The gamer in me: Well thats shitty. This game is a huge exclusive, the servers should not be shut down.

The business man in me: Well thats shitty. They should have waited until GT7 was available on PS4 so that people will buy a new system too :P

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

Around the Network

It's quite funny that Sony's plan to support the PS3 for 10 years doesn't include their biggest franchise.

This is #4 the gamers right?
"Go get GT6 gamers."- Son¥

Player2 said:

It's quite funny that Sony's plan to support the PS3 for 10 years doesn't include their biggest franchise.

They are supporting it! This is how they will push eeryone to the newest iteration.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

Wright said:
adriane23 said:
kupomogli said:
Not as bad as WKC2. Servers had a couple thousand people online everyday and the servers were shut down less than two years.

Sony announced they were shutting down servers from WKC1 because most everyone was on WKC2, but D3 Publisher, the ones who published WKC2, announced they were going to close servers the same time WKC1 closed.

Either way you look at it, it's bad for Sony, but D3 Publisher is worse.

Yeah, that pretty much killed my incentive to finish WKC. Half the game is basically gone.

What? Why? Why is the online component so important?

The online quests and user created towns. Me and my brothyer were planning to do all the online quests with our created companions, so that's basically out the window. The main game of WKC was extremely disappointing to me, and WKC2 is basically WKC1 in reverse with one extra town.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

this iz 4 teh playas