By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Gran Turismo 5 removing all DLC ahead of shutting down the game's online service

Are they taking away the patches for GT5 too?  If so that's messed up.

Around the Network
Azerth said:
Man gt5 must be selling really bad if there having to do all this to get people to buy gt6

Wait... why would GT5 selling bad attract this move? I don't understand.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

ganoncrotch said:
Azerth said:
Man gt5 must be selling really bad if there having to do all this to get people to buy gt6

haha oops my bad ment gt6 lol 

Azerth said:
ganoncrotch said:
Azerth said:

haha oops my bad ment gt6 lol 

This announcement was made before GT6 launched.  They gave people plenty of advance noticed. With that said, i don't agree with it either.

Oh lol, first people whine for DLC that you must buy, now they whine because you can't buy. Make up your mind haters :P

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
This is a pretty gross move to get people to buy GT6.

Now if you people don't mind, I'm gonna go play Forza 2 and PGR3 online.

Funny but true comments by Puggsly aside, dick move by Sony plain and simple.

Putin said:
Oh lol, first people whine for DLC that you must buy, now they whine because you can't buy. Make up your mind haters :P

Maybe you're talking about two different people.

d21lewis said:
Putin said:

Maybe you're talking about two different people.

No the internet is just one being that this person talks to when he sits at his PC one giant AI of contradicting opinions.

I personnally dont like this sort of act by Sony considering I pretty much spend all my time gaming playing stuff in a huge backlog of stuff so I obviously will miss out completely on some games if their online service is only active for 2-3 years after a game launches... that said the games I do really want to play online I have done so when they were at their most relevent and I dont think after 3 years of not buying GT5 and not buying its dlc you are the keenest of fans who would care about this removal after all this time.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

KingdomHeartsFan said:

Are they taking away the patches for GT5 too?  If so that's messed up.

wondering this too because I have GT5 installed and patched to date on my ps3 atm but it takes up about 10gb of space in patches alone I would love to be able to delete these at a point and know I could get the game back to its fully up to date self again down the line.

As a huge Sony fan with no interest in GT games, I still find it completely unacceptable and disgusting. I have great respect for Sony, but this is by all means one of their worst and most unjustifiable decisions.