By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Gran Turismo 5 removing all DLC ahead of shutting down the game's online service

http://eu.gran-turismo.com/us/news/00_4372104.html

Termination of the Remaining Online Services for Gran Turismo 5

As previously mentioned in past announcements, the remaining online services for Gran Turismo 5, including Online Lobby, Seasonal Events, Museum, News, Community, Remote Race, Log in Bonus, Online Dealership and DLC purchase, will no longer be available after 03:00 EDT, 30 May, 2014.

We would like to thank everyone for their passion in supporting Gran Turismo 5’s online services, and we look forward to providing even better online services for Gran Turismo 6.

Regarding DLC availability after end of service

All DLC for Gran Turismo 5 will be removed from the PS Store on 30 April 2014. Please take note of the following precautions regarding the items listed below.

"Racing Car Pack" and "Course Pack" (including those purchased as part of the "Complete Pack")
After you have purchased those items, please complete the following steps before the online services are terminated.

1. Select the Downloadable Content icon on the GT5 home screen and install the purchased items.
2. Access the PlayStation®Store from the XMB and enter the "Gran Turismo 5" section. Purchase the [Family Upgrade] for the items in question (free of charge).

By following the above 2 steps, you’ll be able to use the items even after the termination of the online services. If you delete the GT5 Game Data after the termination date of the online services , you’ll be able to download and install them again. You can find the instructions in the “How to download the DLCs when you deleted the Game Data” section on this page.
You can find more details about the "Family Upgrade" item following the corresponding FAQ page in the Related Link section below.

"Paint Pack" and "Racing Gear Pack" (including those purchased as part of the "Complete Pack")
After you have purchased those items, select the Downloadable Content icon on the GT5 home screen and install the purchased items before the online services end.

You will be able to use the items even after the termination of the online services; however, you will NOT be able to install them again if you delete the GT5 Save Data after the online services end.

Any other DLC items
You can use the items even after the online services are terminated without any special operation. After you have purchased those items, select the Downloadable Content icon on the GT5 home screen and install the purchased items before the online services end. If you delete the GT5 Game Data after the termination date of the online services, you’ll be able to download and install them again. You can find the instructions in the “How to download the DLCs when you deleted the Game Data” section on this page.

How to download the DLCs when you deleted the Game Data
In case you deleted the GT5 Game Data and the DLC is removed from the game, you can download them again from the [Download List], accessible in the PlayStation®Store or by selecting [PSN] > [Account Management] > [Transaction Management] from the PS3™ XMB.

Regarding Gran Turismo TV

Distribution of all programs on Gran Turismo TV within Gran Turismo 5 will cease on 14 March 2014. The programs you have purchased will be available for viewing and downloading from [My List] during the availability period.

The services for Gran Turismo TV within Gran Turismo 5 will be terminated completely on 14 March 2015. All programs after this date will not be available except the opening and the ending movies.

-----------------------
 better buy/download the cars you still wanted soon cause they will be gone forever..

dedicated to ethomaz

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network

Please take the following steps
1) bend over
2) accept the full girth of our actions
3) cringe until its over
4) wait 6 years for next reaming

I understand the need to eventually shut down services and with GT6 out Sony would like it if people moved on. Still I think that a game that sold so much and with the PS3 and copies of GT5 still being sold the service should be keep running.

lucidium said:
Please take the following steps
1) bend over
2) accept the full girth of our actions
3) cringe until its over
4) wait 6 years for next reaming

LOL!!

This is a pretty gross move to get people to buy GT6.

Now if you people don't mind, I'm gonna go play Forza 2 and PGR3 online.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network

Come on, Sony. Gran Turismo 6 may be the worst selling main title in the  franchise's history, but that's your own damn fault. No reason to punish gamers show gamers how much you love them.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

That is a pretty ass move from Sony towards the fans of GT5, it is one of the most succesful GT´s of all time.

I haven't played a Gran Turismo since GT3 on the PS2 but I don't like how this is going down.

That kind of sucks

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

This is stupid and makes me depressed.