By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Calling it now: Mario Kart 8 will flop! Vita will rise!

Tagged games:

Mario Kart 8 will flop, Vita will rise!

Yup, MK8 will flop hard! 71 16.44%

You wish Anfebious! 361 83.56%

Total:432

"I think we can conclude with recent sales that Nintendo franchises have lost the power they used to have. 3D and 2D Mario aren't selling like before and even Donkey was hit by it. Even Pokemon is down from previous games..."

LMAO, that was the best. 3d and 2d mario are selling quite well, donkey kong had a WHOLE WEEK on one territory and pokemon X and Y are the best selling entries in the franchise since gold and silver.

Around the Network

You are wrong about the Vita and right about Mario Kart.

The WiiU an Vita are both doomed.

...despite both having great games.

Prediction, MK8 will sell better than any Vita game ever will.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

JGarret said:
JakDaSnack said:
Don't expect the same thing with Mario Kart as Donkey Kong. Everyone was upset that Retro worked on Donkey Kong, and while the reviews are below Retro's standards, there have been rumors that Retro has been having a lot of difficulty with its staff, so that would explain why. Either way, the consumers are showing Nintendo what they want, and it's not Donkey Kong. However, consumers want Mario kart 8 and Super Smash bros, so I would be surprised if they flopped. As for Vita...well...I've seen bolder predictions.

I didn't know about that rumor.Any word on what specific kind of difficulty?

This was an article from a couple years ago, idk, maybe it was debunked a long time ago and I never saw it, but here it is.

http://emilyrogersblog.wordpress.com/2012/06/13/trouble-brewing-at-retro-studios-rocky-development-for-wii-u-project/

Something...Something...Games...Something

Goremichel said:

In my opinion you have no brain. PS Shita will flopp totaly

Quick! Edit your comment or  Smeags is going strike you with his ban hammer of doom!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

They'll both rise like a majestic phoenix!!

DarkNight_DS said:
The bigger issue for anyone looking to buy a Wii U is not knowing what comes after Mario Kart and Smash Bros....

A lot of games are coming BETWEEN and after those two.

Your first prediction will probably come true but your second statement is some wild dream.

Goremichel said:

In my opinion you have no brain. PS Shita will flopp totaly

That's the first time I ever heard the term "PS sh*ta" and I LOL'd hard.

sundin13 said:
DarkNight_DS said:
The bigger issue for anyone looking to buy a Wii U is not knowing what comes after Mario Kart and Smash Bros....

A. nintendo doesn't usually tell people what they are releasing extremely far ahead

b. Because we don't know the release schedule I can't be sure when these games come out (before or after smash) but the Wii U also has X, Bayonetta 2, Yarn Yoshi, Sonic Boom, SMT x FE, Project Cars, Legend of Zelda, Watch Dogs, Hyrule Warriors and a ton of indie games...I don't see the problem there

It's a problem because anyone looking to buy the system is going to wonder the same thing.  WHERE ARE THE GAMES?  You can hold back info when you are leading, you can NOT do it when you are trailing.  If you hold back, you lose a potential sale.  

The Wii had over 300 indie games.  The Wii U has 120 coming out.  Even that is less then the Wii's # and the Wii's # is considered LOW.

The system needs a new Wii Sports, Mario Party, Paper Mario etc to fill these gaps that EVERYONE see's.  Nintendo of America can't even get VC games onto the console properly.  WHY ARE THEY HOLDING BACK ON RELEASING GAMES THAT PEOPLE ARE ASKING FOR?

There is an issue and it's the same issue over and over with Nintendo.  They aren't releasing games fast enough.

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.