By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Calling it now: Mario Kart 8 will flop! Vita will rise!

Tagged games:

Mario Kart 8 will flop, Vita will rise!

Yup, MK8 will flop hard! 71 16.44%

You wish Anfebious! 361 83.56%

Total:432

It's time someone made this thread. I am calling it now before MK 8 releases!

I think we can conclude with recent sales that Nintendo franchises have lost the power they used to have. 3D and 2D Mario aren't selling like before and even Donkey was hit by it. Even Pokemon is down from previous games... Nintendo as a whole is losing money, things sure look pretty bad for them! So before we get our hopes up for nothing I'll crush your expectations.

Mario Kart 8 will have a terrible first week. Don't be surprised if it hits less than 150k globally on it's first week in the market. I also expect it to give no boost to the Wii U at all. Well maybe a very small boost, like 3k or something like that.

Now what about the Vita? I am calling it too. The Vita is currently experiencing solid numbers in Japan, barely droping week on week! Europe is showing promising numbers too. The only place where the Vita need to stablish a footing is on the US, and I expect Sony this year to finally breath life on the struggling console. I expect them to announce a big IP for the Vita in E3 followed by a Vita price cut. I expect the system to rebound this year. If everything goes well the Vita will have a really good 2015. As the Vita grows, the 3DS will be on decline so I expect the Vita to start shrinking the gap with the 3DS.

Also as the Vita is a very modern piece of technology I expect it to be supported for a long time so I think the Vita has a good chance of outselling the 3DS in the end. Yes the Vita will rise!

Oh I was going to add Super Smash Bros in the OP but I think I dragged for too long. But if I had to guess that game will flop too.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Around the Network

At this point, the first prediction seems more than likely.

As for the second one... not in a million years.

The bigger issue for anyone looking to buy a Wii U is not knowing what comes after Mario Kart and Smash Bros....

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

All I have to say is I like both.

i agree it's time somebody made this thread!  :p

Around the Network

Mariokart 8 might under perform by a huge margin.

daredevil.shark said:
Mariokart 8 might under perform by a huge margin.

It will and by a huge margin, specially if you compare it to Mario Kart Wii.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Mario Kart might not perform as expected but it will still perform better than any game on the Vita and I am sure it will push enough consoles with SSB in 2014 to take the lead when it comes to the vita

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

I am very suspicious.

Kart and Smash will do well, relatively speaking, but I don't think they'll be the almighty savior I once imagined. They'll bump the hardware, though it might be a really short effect.

Nintendo needs new evergreen IP hits that aren't platformers and they need them badly.

2015 will be a good year for the Vita, though I doubt we'll see more than a moderate improvement. I just want to see the numbers creeping upward at a steady rate. It would surprise me to see it last less than five more years.

Don't expect the same thing with Mario Kart as Donkey Kong. Everyone was upset that Retro worked on Donkey Kong, and while the reviews are below Retro's standards, there have been rumors that Retro has been having a lot of difficulty with its staff, so that would explain why. Either way, the consumers are showing Nintendo what they want, and it's not Donkey Kong. However, consumers want Mario kart 8 and Super Smash bros, so I would be surprised if they flopped. As for Vita...well...I've seen bolder predictions.

Something...Something...Games...Something