By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Calling it now: Mario Kart 8 will flop! Vita will rise!

Tagged games:

Mario Kart 8 will flop, Vita will rise!

Yup, MK8 will flop hard! 71 16.44%

You wish Anfebious! 361 83.56%

Total:432

I still just want to see Mario kart's actual sales without casuals. They inflated those sales WAY too much

Nintendo simply no longer has the grandmas, grandpas, and soccer moms to inflate their game sales. 

Around the Network
pokoko said:
I am very suspicious.

Kart and Smash will do well, relatively speaking, but I don't think they'll be the almighty savior I once imagined. They'll bump the hardware, though it might be a really short effect.

Nintendo needs new evergreen IP hits that aren't platformers and they need them badly.

2015 will be a good year for the Vita, though I doubt we'll see more than a moderate improvement. I just want to see the numbers creeping upward at a steady rate. It would surprise me to see it last less than five more years.

I think Sony supports most of it's consoles for 10 years am I right? With 10 years I'm pretty sure the Vita can catch up to the 3DS, it's a lot of time to improve!

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Anfebious said:
daredevil.shark said:
Mariokart 8 might under perform by a huge margin.

It will and by a huge margin, specially if you compare it to Mario Kart Wii.

Yeah. After N64 nintendo just became a console only for first party games. Wii was an exception because of its casual games yet it had limited third party.

Anfebious said:
pokoko said:
I am very suspicious.

Kart and Smash will do well, relatively speaking, but I don't think they'll be the almighty savior I once imagined. They'll bump the hardware, though it might be a really short effect.

Nintendo needs new evergreen IP hits that aren't platformers and they need them badly.

2015 will be a good year for the Vita, though I doubt we'll see more than a moderate improvement. I just want to see the numbers creeping upward at a steady rate. It would surprise me to see it last less than five more years.

I think Sony supports most of it's consoles for 10 years am I right? With 10 years I'm pretty sure the Vita can catch up to the 3DS, it's a lot of time to improve!

Isn't the DS still supported?

Something...Something...Games...Something

When you think my english is bad...sorry for my bad english,    i'm from Germany. And yeees, sorry, that we've almost destroyed the whole world, blahblahblah

Around the Network

vita, i love it, but no. just no

Mario kart 8 is not going to be the savior that some people think. Wii U is hardware that people dont seem to want. Its not a SW issue at least not that much im sure of it.

I don't think so, Vita will not have any life, the best it will sell in one year should be 5 million, which is kind of good, but if software keeps selling so bad, there's no life for it.
As for MK... Maaaaybe, but it looks so good that I believe this is the system seller it needs. It won't sell 10 million, but it will give some hope for the Wii U.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Still no love for the Ouya... Damn it!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

daredevil.shark said:
Anfebious said:
daredevil.shark said:
Mariokart 8 might under perform by a huge margin.

It will and by a huge margin, specially if you compare it to Mario Kart Wii.

Yeah. After N64 nintendo just became a console only for first party games. Wii was an exception because of its casual games yet it had limited third party.

limited 3rd party? how everyone was on board. Now limited GENRES? sure

I strongly doubt it. But boy would it be hilarious if it actually happens. I can see Mario flopping but no one gives 2 shytes about Vita. Not even Sony.