By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Calling it now: Mario Kart 8 will flop! Vita will rise!

Tagged games:

Mario Kart 8 will flop, Vita will rise!

Yup, MK8 will flop hard! 71 16.44%

You wish Anfebious! 361 83.56%

Total:432
paidenthusiast00 said:

This thread was obviously written by a butthurt pony who's still upset about Killzone: Shadow Fall and Knack being garbage 1st party PS4 launch games and selling poorly as they rightfully deserve to. Mario Kart 8 won't probably have the same sales numbers as it's predecessor Mario Kart Wii did but it will certainly outsell any PS4 1st party game in this generation same goes for Smash Bros. You can stay in denial all you want but you ponies wish Sony had the same level of quality in their 1st party games as Nintendo does

LMAO  to scared to say that with reg account.

Around the Network

150k global? are you serious? It's gonna sell way more than that just in Japan. If you want to troll, do it better.

Mr Puggsly said:
Prediction, MK8 will sell better than any Vita game ever will.

Real bold prediction there...

OT: Not sure if OP is serious, but no. MK8 will probably sell 5m units which is disappointing for the series but not technicaly a flop. Vita will continue to carve itself a nice little niche in Japan while being primarily a machine for indies and remote play in the west. Since I don't see Sony making another handheld Vita will probably go on to sell 20m units lifetime. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

tbone51 said:
GdaTyler said:
I am cautiously optimistic in terms of E3 for the Vita. It could pick up, but I don't see it ever outselling the 3DS.

Can vita sell 40mil in today's market?

I wish but....

It is depressing though because a handheld like Vita with the support that PSP had would be a dream come true for a handheld gamer.

3DS Friend Code: 0533 - 6146 - 0418
PSN ID: atylerman5

Fusioncode said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Not really. If you expect 5 Million for MK8, which seams feasible, then it is pretty likely.

PSP only had 2 games over 5 million, one which was a exclusive launch window GTA game and the other one a Monster Hunter game.

Around the Network
leyendax69 said:

150k global? are you serious? It's gonna sell way more than that just in Japan. If you want to troll, do it better.

I am willing to make a bet.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Anfebious said:
leyendax69 said:

i'll take that bet! 150k is too easy WW. You might really want to rethink that

morenoingrato said:
Fusioncode said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Not really. If you expect 5 Million for MK8, which seams feasible, then it is pretty likely.

PSP only had 2 games over 5 million, one which was a exclusive launch window GTA game and the other one a Monster Hunter game.

I know, I was being sarcastic. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

tbone51 said:
Anfebious said:
leyendax69 said:

I don't want to contribute with your addiction to betting but I'll take it. I say Mario Kart 8 will open with less than 150k FW. I bet a sginature for umm... 2 weeks?

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Anfebious said:
tbone51 said:
Anfebious said:
leyendax69 said:

I don't want to contribute with your addiction to betting but I'll take it. I say Mario Kart 8 will open with less than 150k FW. I bet a sginature for umm... 2 weeks?

FW (Worldwide), since i feel bad i'll make it 200k FW okay? Do you accept?